Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
(11-22-2020, 05:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: You guys want to get drunk and break stuff?
Hell yeah. I can't get rid of this rage...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is horrible.  We’re talking Joe Namath-like knee problems here.

Namath got injured back when top medical treatment involved draining someone's blood.
Reply/Quote
Remember the ***** idiot who had to include career ending injury in his stupid little poll about Joe’s career? I remember...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:26 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I know people are blaming Zac, Turner or the O-Line. I totally blame the officials.
Every game since the first week the officials have let players hit Joe late or leave a bit on him like the push by last week where he could have got a bad one, the QB's are supposed to be better protected but I don't know if its because its our team or because Joe was the first pick the officials have turned a blind eye to these late hits

Jordan threw his guy down into Burrow, there was no late hit.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember the ***** idiot who had to include career ending injury in his stupid little poll about Joe’s career? I remember...

Yes, that was me. Say what you want but it's a poll that takes into account every possible scenario. If you didn't think Joe getting injured was likely, you haven't been watching this offensive line the past few years. 

If I didn't include the possibility in the poll I would be jinxing it with my overconfidence that it couldn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Taylor needs to be fired! Even though it was a freak accident, 

Hmmm. Not sure about freak accident. Yes, the players didn't mean to hurt him. However, when you get hit as much as the OL has allowed, it's not freak, it's inevitable. I think Zac has tried to do what he can do so far with that OL. But the OL coach should probably be canned. Yeah, I know I will get slammed for the ZT support, but it is what it is. I'm not removing all blame from ZT, Zac should have replaced him before the season or early on.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Did you see that somewhere?

No. I saw the injury + human anatomy + mechanism of injury = injury pattern.

https://sandersclinic.net/terrible-triad/
Reply/Quote
Just, fold the damn team.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:39 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yes, that was me. Say what you want but it's a poll that takes into account every possible scenario. If you didn't think Joe getting injured was likely, you haven't been watching this offensive line the past few years. 

If I didn't include the possibility in the poll I would be jinxing it with my overconfidence that it couldn't happen.

No criticizing here for seeing the possibilities. If you ran the same poll about a player who drove drunk everyday, it wouldn't seem too far fetched. So why should this? When invertibility shows it's face? Well, you kind of call it out or at least list as a possibility.

Reply/Quote
No sacks today even with Burrow hit again bring things in perspective
Reply/Quote
Finley could be the worst QB I’ve ever seen play for the bengals. He has no right to be on the field, he should be handing out towels by the shower stall. I’ve never seen a QB so not in tune with timing or feeling pressure, he is truly in the dark. Find any warm body any where, but do not put him back on the field, please.
Reply/Quote
Update on CBS said there's "some hope" that it might be a strain.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Finley could be the worst QB I’ve ever seen play for  the bengals. He has no right to be on the field, he should be handing out towels by the shower stall. I’ve never seen a QB so not in tune with timing or feeling pressure, he is truly in the dark. Find any warm body any where, but do not put him back on the field, please.

Dolelaga not winning over Finley said a lot. Sure, we never got to see Dolelaga in action but Finley was just simply bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Update on CBS said there's "some hope" that it might be a strain.

Don’t go giving me false hope. I’m stewing in barely controlled anger right now!!!! Luckily, I can vent here and Twitter. Good thing my Apple Watch can’t check blood pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:56 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Don’t go giving me false hope. I’m stewing in barely controlled anger right now!!!! Luckily, I can vent here and Twitter. Good thing my Apple Watch can’t check blood pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it was likely, but that would be a damn miracle.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Dolelaga not winning over Finley said a lot. Sure, we never got to see Dolelaga in action but Finley was just simply bad.

I’m not saying Dolelaga either, find a college QB who didn’t get drafted and give him a chance. Theses 2 backup clowns couldn’t get 300 yards passing the rest of year, playing every game.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I feel guilty being a Bengals fan. This franchise is doing everything they can to ruin this guy's potential. If the Bengals fail this kid, they should be banished from the NFL.

Not just this kid but the league as a whole. Heck look at some of the rule changes in the past 15 years. Most we’re a direct result of the Bengals, specifically when playing Pitt. As for Joe, I think most people expected this. A combination of poor coaching, lack of urgency to address the Oline and of course the Bengal curse. The voodoo us fans know so well.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Update on CBS said there's "some hope" that it might be a strain.

Fake News!
Reply/Quote

No.Freaking.Way.

This is the Bengals we're talking about, not Pittsburgh.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

The guy giving the update rolled his eyes as he said that.  
Reply/Quote