Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
(11-22-2020, 06:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know many fans are upset. Some want to quit this team and franchise. I understand this as a long time Bengals fan.

A lot of anger and uncertainty will be vented here and other threads over the next few days. But one thing is certain, Joe Burrow will do all within his power to rehab and come back next year and will not quit on this team or it's fan base.

I’m sure Joe will do everything he can to come back and be even better. I’m also sure Mike Brown will do nothing to protect him since he refuses to place any value on the o-line. How many quality guys has he let go because he didn’t think they were worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Too bad you’re never going to get it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know many fans are upset.  Some want to quit this team and franchise.  I understand this as a long time Bengals fan.

A lot of anger and uncertainty will be vented here and other threads over the next few days.  But one thing is certain, Joe Burrow will do all within his power to rehab and come back next year and will not quit on this team or it's fan base.

I 100% believe in Joe , but depending on the severity this may not all be in his hands.

Just very angry and not feeling completely rational about the coaching staff who played some part on creating the environment for that to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know many fans are upset.  Some want to quit this team and franchise.  I understand this as a long time Bengals fan.

A lot of anger and uncertainty will be vented here and other threads over the next few days.  But one thing is certain, Joe Burrow will do all within his power to rehab and come back next year and will not quit on this team or it's fan base.

When the injury happened the air deflated from the entire team like a balloon. The team formerly known as the Redskins got a quick score on a dispirited defense and I wasn't watching after that, but the offense couldn't possibly have done anything else. I would almost say if the Bengals win another game this season I would walk around Fountain Square in spandex with a sign saying "free sex" but it isn't worth the effort (I live six hours away).
Reply/Quote
The #9 jersey is cursed. Ban it!!!
Reply/Quote
Welp. I got nothing left. Lol

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that hopes Burrow uses nothing but outside doctors and medical professionals to handle this entire procedure, that are in no way afiliated with the Bengals?

I don't want them (team doctors) making the diagnosis, recommending the surgury, performing the surgury, or developing the rehab schedule.

They struggled enough with AJ Green's sprained ankle and Joe Mixon's foot. I'd hate have them involved in an injury of the magnitude.
Reply/Quote
2020 has been a disaster Sad
Reply/Quote
Taylor needs to be fired! Even though it was a freak accident, you combine the horrible play calling, the horrible line and you get a horrible result. I love a pass happy offense but I’ve been pissed all season with the amount of passes this coach has placed on this rookie. It’s a waste of a season so what’s the point. Look at it this way, today Burrow completed the more passes in the first half than any other QB this year, yet we only have 9 freaking points! 9 damn points. Is this taking what the D gives or just shity play calling with a bunch of unnecessary pass plays. wash has a scary good pass rush with the best pass D so naturally we come out throwing a record amount resulting in 9 damn points. So frustrating.
Reply/Quote
I think I'll stay out of Jungle Noise until theres a Joe Burrow diagnosis.

On a side note....Hey Zac Taylor Pistol Formations on your own 1 yard line? Seriously WTF?!?!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please do yourself a favor and pull a Carson Palmer.

I can already picture Burrow replacing Brees. Ouch.
Reply/Quote
I know people are blaming Zac, Turner or the O-Line. I totally blame the officials.
Every game since the first week the officials have let players hit Joe late or leave a bit on him like the push by last week where he could have got a bad one, the QB's are supposed to be better protected but I don't know if its because its our team or because Joe was the first pick the officials have turned a blind eye to these late hits
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is horrible.  We’re talking Joe Namath-like knee problems here.
Joe Namath had knee problems coming into the NFL.  50 years ago surgical techniques for knee repair were primitive and rehab just as bad.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I feel guilty being a Bengals fan. This franchise is doing everything they can to ruin this guy's potential. If the Bengals fail this kid, they should be banished from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Taylor needs to be fired! Even though it was a freak accident, you combine the horrible play calling, the horrible line and you get a horrible result. I love a pass happy offense but I’ve been pissed all season with the amount of passes this coach has placed on this rookie. It’s a waste of a season so what’s the point. Look at it this way, today Burrow completed the more passes in the first half than any other QB this year, yet we only have 9 freaking points! 9 damn points. Is this taking what the D gives or just shity play calling with a bunch of unnecessary pass plays. wash has a scary good pass rush with the best pass D so naturally we come out throwing a record amount resulting in 9 damn points. So frustrating.

Individual stats should turn into points for the team. That doesn’t happen in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe doesn't seem like the quitting type

We will see what type Burrow becomes after 6 years here.  Never say never, I guess.
Reply/Quote
we are halfway into a 90s-esque losing decade, had hope with Burrow in, now I think it's really gonna happen...
Reply/Quote
And only 1 cold beer left in my fridge..
What in the F@ck
Reply/Quote
For some sick twisted reason If this coach was trying to ruin a great young prospect he couldn’t have done a better job. Maybe we will start a trend with the rookie salary cap would it be too crazy to have another great young prospect like Trevor on the roster? Why not? It’s not like we’re spending the money elsewhere.

In all seriousness, this next draft and dare I say FA needs to all be about the lines. OL & DL need some serious overhauling. Been obvious for years, maybe this injury will open some eyes and wallets.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I feel guilty being a Bengals fan. This franchise is doing everything they can to ruin this guy's potential. If the Bengals fail this kid, they should be banished from the NFL.

There’s a hockey league over in Europe...DEL I believe, whereas the bottom team gets replaced by the league below it’s Championship team.

Sure would love to see Mike Brown have some sort of incentive to not be a ***** loser year after year. I wish the NFL could hold him accountable for the shitty product he puts out year after year. Maybe tie revenue sharing into the number of wins.
Reply/Quote