Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
(11-22-2020, 06:07 PM)bonesaw Wrote: The rest of the year should be an audition for Zac to keep his job. If you can't do anything without Joe you don't deserve to coach him next year.

(11-22-2020, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's no reason to keep ZT or, really, anyone on this coaching staff. If this second half has shown us anything, it's that our offense was 100% Burrow. ZT was not "designing good plays" he was being bailed out by Burrow's greatness.

Not gonna happen. With the injury to Burrow, Mikey has an excuse to keep the coaching staff intact and save himself money by not paying them and having to pay new coaches too. Losing record again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm back, i fell asleep, wait, did Burrow bust his knee??? wth

Yeah, a lot’s happened. You should probably go back to sleep.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK,,,what's the injury?

ACL, MCL, and meniscal tears. Possibly more.
Reply/Quote
This was a matter of WHEN, not IF. The offensive line is toxic garbage.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:07 PM)Takedown Wrote: I don't want my QB to leave our team or "pull a palmer". Those of you saying that need to just root for another team. Yes he deserves better, but so do we. Here's to next year.

Too bad you’re never going to get it.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think our best case scenario is an ACL tear. 

I think a middle of the road scenario is multiple tears.  (Ex: ACL+MCL, or ACL+PCL)

And I think the worst case scenario is total knee recontruction.  (Multi-year process, see the poor kid at UCF, who was a Heisman candidate, that went through this in 2018 and was just ok'd in 2020 to run the scout team in practice)

Regardless, none of this good.

Yup...depends just how bad it was.  Some who have seen the replay say it was like johnny utah's   knee was bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks wondering about joe's future and his mobility.

Remember DeShaun Watson tore his ACL his rookie year

I hear ya, but I'm not sure I want to compare Burrow to a QB who is likely planning his escape from a team that's holding him down.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm back, i fell asleep, wait, did Burrow bust his knee??? wth

You going to use a sig of that too you ***** weirdo?

Reply/Quote
I know many fans are upset. Some want to quit this team and franchise. I understand this as a long time Bengals fan.

A lot of anger and uncertainty will be vented here and other threads over the next few days. But one thing is certain, Joe Burrow will do all within his power to rehab and come back next year and will not quit on this team or it's fan base.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ACL, MCL, and meniscal tears. Possibly more.

After seeing a replay on Twitter, I think he’ll be lucky if that’s all that’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ACL, MCL, and meniscal tears. Possibly more.

This is horrible. We’re talking Joe Namath-like knee problems here.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah, a lot’s happened. You should probably go back to sleep.

Wish I'd slept through the whole damn thing.

Just like Mike.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Thanks for sugarcoating it for us Doc.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think our best case scenario is an ACL tear. 

I think a middle of the road scenario is multiple tears.  (Ex: ACL+MCL, or ACL+PCL)

And I think the worst case scenario is total knee recontruction.  (Multi-year process, see the poor kid at UCF, who was a Heisman candidate, that went through this in 2018 and was just ok'd in 2020 to run the scout team in practice)

Regardless, none of this good.

I was looking up the ucf kids injury after seeing Burrow. What made his so bad was he had nerve damage and then it got infected which required multiple additional surgeries like Alex Smith had. If Burrow can Dodge nerve damage and infection that would be great
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's no reason to keep ZT or, really, anyone on this coaching staff. If this second half has shown us anything,  it's that our offense was 100% Burrow. ZT was not "designing good plays" he was being bailed out by Burrow's greatness.

This off season should consist of 2 or 3 new starting offensive linemen (LG, RT and maybe RG), a new defensive line and a brand spanking new coaching staff that can actually enhance their players rather than rely on them to look decent.

This.

The only positive thing about ZT was that he sucked enough to get us #1 pick and Burrow fell into his lap.

Since the start of the season everyone has called out the punishment Burrow has taken as being a risk.  

So against the strength of the Washington D (pass rush) he asks Burrow to throw the ball more than any other QB to date this season!?

How anyone can credibly justify faith in ZT is absolutely beyond me...honestly i am not sure i even blame the FO for this one - they have backed ZT to the hilt and this is where we inevitably have landed up.

Heal up quick Joe  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Somebody tell me if Zac apologizes for his idiocy? I can't listen to him anymore.
Reply/Quote
He'll be back!

Reply/Quote
Okay, I'm finally done puking. Excuse me while I go blaze a J. Mommy...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Did you see that somewhere?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Not to bombard with medical questions, but can you give a quick rundown on what occurs in an injury like Mackenzie Milton at UCF, or a guy like Alec Smith?

Is there something that's occurring in addition to multiple tears that causes such a difference?  Is it infection that makes the situation that much worse?

How does one end up with a knee recontruction vs. a typical rehab from a multi-tear injury?
Reply/Quote