Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - (TNF) Bengals @ Ravens***
Cincinnati Bengals (5-4)   vs   Baltimore Ravens (7-3)
Thursday, November 16th, 2023 at 8:15 PM on Amazon Prime
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Maryland
Announce Crew: Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung
Referee: Adrian Hill
{Streaming: Link}
Betting Line: Ravens -3.5

[Image: UVfmKjN.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Six-plus hours and counting.

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Prime must be giddy over them actually having a game that should be good. They'll have no idea what to do with it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The season is on the line tonight. If we lose, chances of making the playoffs drop to about 10%. I believe we need 10 wins to make the playoffs. And with a lose tonight, we would need to go 5-2 in final 7 games. I don’t see that happening.
Reply/Quote
Stomach has been in knots all day.

It’s basically a playoff game in November we can’t afford to lose it banged up or not we have to find a way.
Reply/Quote
It really does have the chance to make for one epic story. Coming off a brutal loss, Thursday night game with the Ravens and their stadium all in black, us being shorthanded. It's the stuff season-defining wins are made of and I am here for it!
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Bengals are wearing their all-white uniforms with orange helmets. Baltimore wearing all black with their crowd being asked to do a blackout (that's easy...try striping the stadium)

Reply/Quote
My brain keeps saying the Ravens have this game in the bag but my gut tells me the Bengals will rise to the occasion and win. It might come down to a last second Evan McPherson field goal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 03:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Six-plus hours and counting.

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

I’m going to church before the game starts and I’ll be back in time for kickoff. The priest said our meeting will end early so he can watch the game too; he’s a huge Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
The bad news is I don’t feel good about this one. The good news is I felt really good about the Texans game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 08:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The bad news is I don’t feel good about this one. The good news is I felt really good about the Texans game.

I never feel good about playing the Ratbirds. Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews are just unstoppable. All Lou Anarumo can hope for is to limit their productivity; they’ll get some big gains so keeping them out of the Red Zone is important. The other issue is Justin Tucker whose field goal range is the entire stadium.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 08:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to church before the game starts and I’ll be back in time for kickoff.  The priest said our meeting will end early so he can watch the game too; he’s a huge Bengals fan.

That's awesome! I go to church on Sunday morning so I don't have to deal with time conflicts.
Reply/Quote
Music 
(11-16-2023, 08:37 PM)Bengalion Wrote: That's awesome! I go to church on Sunday morning so I don't have to deal with time conflicts.

Me too! Tonight is just a meeting.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No surprises in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> inactives: <br><br>WR Tee Higgins (hamstring)<br>LB Devin Harper<br>OL Trey Hill<br>OL Jackson Carman<br>WR Anderi Iosivas (knee)<br>DL Sam Hubbard (ankle)<br><br>Again, earlier today WR Charlie Jones was activated off IR and WR Shedrick Jackson promoted from the practice squad.</p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1725299271614738488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2023</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight's inactives vs. the Bengals. <a href="https://t.co/uFTdH783eh">pic.twitter.com/uFTdH783eh</a></p>&mdash; Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1725299012310270036?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2023</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
If we play like we did against the 49ers - we win!!

We played lights out.

But that’s our only chance IMHO
Reply/Quote
Bengals offensive line needs to buck up and play lights out tonight. They got their asses handed to them last week so I’m hoping they took it personally and raise there game tonight.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 09:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Bengals offensive line needs to buck up and play lights out tonight. They got their asses handed to them last week so I’m hoping they took it personally and raise there game tonight.

The DL needs to buck up and play lights out tonight.  The defense was slashed for 178 yards rushing in week 2 and gave up 188 last week.  They give up that many yards and it may not matter what the offense does

Reply/Quote
So, anyone else watching on unique device tonight because the game's on Prime? Our biggest tv is a 2009 plasma without all the smart tv bells and whistles, but it has a great picture and I'm cheap so I'm not springing to replace it for some time yet. So, on this tv, I stream Prime through my Xbox, as an example. Anyone else doing anything similar?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 09:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, anyone else watching on unique device tonight because the game's on Prime?  Our biggest tv is a 2009 plasma without all the smart tv bells and whistles, but it has a great picture and I'm cheap so I'm not springing to replace it for some time yet.  So, on this tv, I stream Prime through my Xbox, as an example.  Anyone else doing anything similar?

It has an HDMI port, right? Can use a Fire stick and watch Prime that way. They are pretty cheap, especially when you don't need 4K or anything. Got one for my daughter's play room. Piggy back Disney+ off of it. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Their best CB was ruled out (Marlon Humphrey). Gotta shave Chase down their throat like we did against the Cardinals some weeks ago.
Reply/Quote