Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - (TNF) Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-17-2023, 02:07 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think it happens its just probably not a massive pay drop. I will say though you definitely don't pay more money to try to bring a good player to a bad franchise. Think Deshaun Watson to the Browns as a way over the top example.

I agree. I think over paying a player is as bad or worse than staying out of free agency altogether. Need to find solid tier 1 players at good solid prices. Which I think we were all a little spoiled with the Hendrickson, Reader, Hilton, Bell, Awuzie, Cappa and Karras signings as they seemed to do exactly that. I'm just not sold that those weren't just some one off years of signing those guys mixed with us needing to sign some of our own. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: We need to look to Detroit. Franchise and trade Tee ASAP use capital to bring in quality offensive linemen. Fire Pollack and bring in a highly touted offensive line coach by any means necessary. Don't get me wrong I would love Tee, but it's going to cost us elsewhere probably the line and you just can't get it done without a strong line.

The FO isn't going to do ish about the line. If Burrow stays healthy and can make it out of here let him go. Otherwise we're going to have another Carson Palmer situation at some point.

Andrew Norwell is in Cincinnati and ready to go. He'd be a major upgrade at guard and is smart, can pick things up fast, not a penalty machine.

I'm sure there's other offensive linemen available. But he's the one that comes to mind right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:53 AM)BengalB Wrote: The FO isn't going to do ish about the line. If Burrow stays healthy and can make it out of here let him go. Otherwise we're going to have another Carson Palmer situation at some point.

Andrew Norwell is in Cincinnati and ready to go. He'd be a major upgrade at guard and is smart, can pick things up fast, not a penalty machine.

I'm sure there's other offensive linemen available. But he's the one that comes to mind right now.

Two years in a row they went out and spent big money on LTs that have been not so good. They’ve tried to improve the OL but unfortunately the players they bring in forget how to block after we sign them.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:53 AM)BengalB Wrote: The FO isn't going to do ish about the line. If Burrow stays healthy and can make it out of here let him go. Otherwise we're going to have another Carson Palmer situation at some point.

Two years in a row they went out and spent big money on LTs that have been not so good. They’ve tried to improve the OL but unfortunately the players they bring in forget how to block after we sign them.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are now 30th in defense yards allowed per game and 24th in offense yards per game. Not a good combination, when you can’t control the ball nor stop the other team.
No matter how many players we being in, offense or defense, we just don’t get any better.
I want to see offense and defense lineman brought in, instead of wasting money on another receiver.
Mixon is just not the guy, twice he tackled himself after getting thru the line. Not big enough to run inside, not fast enough to get outside.
Offense play calling needs a major upgrade, these behind the line passes, don’t work enough to make them worth the
effort.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How many game day threads should there be?

It should be its own forum where you can post topics or whatever you want, like most every other message board. Go to TigerDroppings. They do it right. Separate board, loosely moderated, they close it outside of game days. But this place, you can’t even follow the thread here outside of the first and last page unless you literally refresh the page the entire game. 
Reply/Quote