Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - (TNF) Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-17-2023, 01:27 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For the year or forever

One will seem like the other.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well, that was a fun two years. I think we’d all agree, we have a porous coaching unit overall. Now we’re going to lose Higgins, Reader, Boyd, etc. And we have not drafted well lately. Burrow can’t stay healthy. Future is bright af.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: We need to look to Detroit. Franchise and trade Tee ASAP use capital to bring in quality offensive linemen. Fire Pollack and bring in a highly touted offensive line coach by any means necessary. Don't get me wrong I would love Tee, but it's going to cost us elsewhere probably the line and you just can't get it done without a strong line.

And have a healthy QB, it he is out for year that means 50% of seasons not finishing and all  preseasons hurt  or recovering 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is in "everything's fine" mode in the live presser.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:27 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He fit the criteria the poster was asking for. I guess Bezos is another. Take your pick.

I know we're just talking, but I can't picture anything other than me being  on my deathbed in my 80s while a 104 year old Katie Blackburn owns this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:35 AM)bmack086 Wrote: Well, that was a fun two years. I think we’d all agree, we have a porous coaching unit overall. Now we’re going to lose Higgins, Reader, Boyd, etc. And we have not drafted well lately. Burrow can’t stay healthy. Future is bright af.

Does Boyd command a ton of money? I mean he won't be cheap but I'm not convinced we couldn't bring him back, though if Burrow is done for the year we need to get a good evaluation on some of our younger guys now to see where we can make cuts to save money. Higgins we will get something for just by franchising and trading him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:30 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You also can't franchise a player now either lol

We can draft some replacements...there is a draft this weekend, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And have a healthy QB, it he is out for year that means 50% of seasons not finishing and all  preseasons hurt  or recovering 

Oh we are stuck with Burrow for a while so we need to build around him. If he's injury prone all the more reason to spend lots of money on protecting your investment.
Reply/Quote
Just too many weaknesses (and now injuries) for this team to compete for a deep playoff ruin. I'd like to see management just fire someone tomorrow just to say this is unacceptable. I vote for firing that Baskin Robbins guy who can't punt.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We can draft some replacements...there is a draft this weekend, right?

When is the hoodlum draft where you get a chance to draft guys that didn't declare on time or otherwise needed to get drafted later than usual?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Does Boyd command a ton of money? I mean he won't be cheap but I'm not convinced we couldn't bring him back, though if Burrow is done for the year we need to get a good evaluation on some of our younger guys now to see where we can make cuts to save money. Higgins we will get something for just by franchising and trading him. 

I'm a Boyd fan but it's probably time to move on. We need to get faster and between us not using him enough and his growing tendency to drop well timed passes doesn't bode well. I think Reader is the guy we need to keep. Our Dline drafting has not worked out. I think our window may have slammed shut for a few years so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:42 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm a Boyd fan but it's probably time to move on. We need to get faster and between us not using him enough and his growing tendency to drop well timed passes doesn't bode well. I think Reader is the guy we need to keep. Our Dline drafting has not worked out. I think our window may have slammed shut for a few years so who knows.

I don't see no reason why if we draft and sign 2 good linemen, draft or sign a decent WR replacement and hire a quality oline coach and use everything else on defense why we can't continue to compete for a Super Bowl next year.

Now we aren't going to do all that because we never do, but I don't see how those moves wouldn't keep us relevant.
Reply/Quote
If we pick up a QB he will obviously have to be mobile. That leaves most of the choices that were just thrown at the Browns out.

Brady
Rivers
Flacco
Foles
Cam - I don't hate this one on paper.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:49 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If we pick up a QB he will obviously have to be mobile. That leaves most of the choices that were just thrown at the Browns out.

Brady
Rivers
Flacco
Foles
Cam - I don't hate this one on paper.

Isn’t AJ McCarron on the practice squad? Cam Newton might be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:45 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don't see no reason why if we draft and sign 2 good linemen, draft or sign a decent WR replacement and hire a quality oline coach and use everything else on defense why we can't continue to compete for a Super Bowl next year.

Now we aren't going to do all that because we never do, but I don't see how those moves wouldn't keep us relevant.

I'm being a bit negative. But gotta extend Jonah if not that's a huge need. What happens with Awuzie? What happens with Mixon? Even if he stays we have to get better and we refuse to use anyone else. What happens with Tee Higgins have to tag him or that's a huge need. Again if we let Reader walk that's a huge need. Just so many holes starting to show up.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:55 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm being a bit negative. But gotta extend Jonah if not that's a huge need. What happens with Awuzie? What happens with Mixon? Even if he stays we have to get better and we refuse to use anyone else. What happens with Tee Higgins have to tag him or that's a huge need. Again if we let Reader walk that's a huge need. Just so many holes starting to show up.

Mixon can go. It just stinks we probably have to rebuild off a bad year. If we could have at least made the playoffs (Assuming joe is done) it would make enticing players for less money to come to a contender easier.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Mixon can go. It just stinks we probably have to rebuild off a bad year. If we could have at least made the playoffs (Assuming joe is done) it would make enticing players for less money to come to a contender easier.

This is something I think is way overhyped by fans. I don't think players do this very often. I know Orlando claimed to take less money but this almost never seems to happen. At best you get a WR who's getting older and not getting offers on a prove it deal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:20 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: 11db-newsletter-4-mediumSquareAt3X-v2.jpg]

LFG!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:04 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is something I think is way overhyped by fans. I don't think players do this very often. I know Orlando claimed to take less money but this almost never seems to happen. At best you get a WR who's getting older and not getting offers on a prove it deal. 

I think it happens its just probably not a massive pay drop. I will say though you definitely don't pay more money to try to bring a good player to a bad franchise. Think Deshaun Watson to the Browns as a way over the top example.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">John Harbaugh says TE Mark Andrews (ankle) will be out for the season. <a href="https://t.co/wYuE6BCyax">pic.twitter.com/wYuE6BCyax</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1725375591992701123?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2023</a></blockquote>

They certainly didn’t escape unscathed either. He might be the 2nd most important player on that team after Lamar. Huge blow.

Reply/Quote