Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(11-26-2023, 05:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  Definitely would have been a different game with 9 playing.

Really? O line wouldn’t have let watt with free runs at qb? Bet they would’ve.
(11-26-2023, 05:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What does that have to do with anything?

It's about showing support.

Please stop, especially with the personal attacks because they just weaken your posts considerably. 

When you say incredibly dumb shit you’re going to be “attacked.” That’s how message boards work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(11-26-2023, 05:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ruling that pass incomplete in real time was the correct move, and Pittsburgh evidently agreed with it as they did not challenge the ruling (with no guarantee it would be overturned).  But the hold on the TD was clear live AND it was flagged, but that cannot be challenged to make it right when they eff it up like that.

No ruling it a TD is the correct move. Automatic replay kicks in and that assuredly gets it right. 
We are now last in rushing at 75.8 yards per game and probably last in defense rush yards allowed after today game. What a combination.
(11-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Shortest Gameday thread. People gave up on these guys already.

They’ve earned it. No reason to believe in this team and coaches without burrow. Only thing that’s been propping this straw house up. It’s collapsed now.
(11-26-2023, 05:56 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not making up anything dude, I'm looking at the games. We were 4-1 with a healthy Burrow and comfortably beat the 49ers/Bills in back to back weeks when he was fit. You're kidding yourself if you seriously think today's game is no different with a better QB in there. You really think Burrow puts a whole 10 points on Pittsburgh today? 

Maybe not, but acting as if this team was anything other than a fringe playoff team is delusional. They gave up 400+ yards to one of the worst offenses in the NFL. No run game, no defense. This is a Terrible team.
(11-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Shortest Gameday thread. People gave up on these guys already.

I mean it was a crap game, and the team is clearly not winning the Super Bowl with Browning at QB. 
(11-26-2023, 05:54 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Wife surprised me for my birthday yesterday with a trip to Florida for the jags game next week.  Arranged everthing before the season started.  Not very excited about the game now

Don't forget to pack this:

[Image: OIP.vA2JhR4BCtaVvOKaEx4aUAHaE8?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(11-26-2023, 05:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay.  If you want to tank, let’s tank.

I at least am not proposing outright tanking - just do the obvious and get the kids enough snaps so we know what we have and can approach offseason more intelligently. Well they didn't today. 
Needed that lose. On pace for a Top 10 pick.
Wow watch the refs get Houston the win.
Well at least we helped keep Pickett in the lineup.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I would say Mike Tomlin’s job is safe. Zac Taylor should be on the hot seat.
Stupid question, at what point does the clock stop when you go out of bounds???
We really have fans hoping we spend a high draft pick on an OL. I can’t imagine a bigger waste of a selection.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(11-26-2023, 05:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Maybe not, but acting as if this team was anything other than a fringe playoff team is delusional. They gave up 400+ yards to one of the worst offenses in the NFL. No run game, no defense. This is a Terrible team.

And where was I acting as if they were? 

You said the team was 5-5 with Burrow, and I pointed out that while that's true, Burrow was clearly heavily limited for 5 of those 10 games. That's not me suggesting we're rolling to a 20-0 year next year with a healthy Burrow and the rest of the team the exact same. Look for any of my posts in today's GDT, and you'll see what I think of the defence in particular. 

We'd have still won today's game with Burrow in there, despite our appalling defence though. That's probably more of a comment about the Steelers than anything else though.

I think we probably make the playoffs if Burrow is healthy all year, even with this defence. But outside of Burrow and the WRs, this team has holes everywhere. Coaches very much included.
(11-26-2023, 05:59 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I mean it was a crap game, and the team is clearly not winning the Super Bowl with Browning at QB. 

Super Bowl, we won’t  win another game period
Ha ha, hit the crossbar. Suck it, Houston.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(11-26-2023, 06:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Stupid question, at what point does the clock stop when you go out of bounds???

I don't think it does unless it's inside of 5 minutes.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Why wouldn’t they, bengals are not given any reason to cheer for them. They will be close to dead last in every category before this season is over.