Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(12-12-2021, 09:51 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yep, and I don't even think the rest of the games will be all that close.  KC is going to straight murder us when they roll into town.

Remember when KC was bad for like, a month?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:55 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The Von Bell taunting near the end of the half gave the ball back to a Niner drive that stalled.

No, Zac has changed the locker room. This guy is infuriating. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Taylor happy to play for the FG and it cost them. If you aren't playing to win, you are playing to lose. Running didn't work all game, passing got you down the field, and he calls runs on 1st and 2nd down.

Meanwhile the 49ers stuck with what worked and won.

Outcoached.

Yessir. I couldn't watch tonight, but I followed the play by play on my phone, and as soon as we ran consecutive run plays after gouging them for 26 and 23 yard throws, I knew he went into Marv mode.

The Bengal fan in me "knew" we'd give up the TD.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  
What do you call 2 runs in OT for a FG? What exactly do you blame Zac for? Seems like nothing. Check his record and come back.

Runs vs cover 2 and a 7 man box is normal that's blocking not play calling. They again.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Dear Zac,

Ever heard of play-action? They were biting on Mixon whenever he was in there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You have to get rid of players like Bates. You want to keep players that make plays with the game on the line and he fails every ***** time.

We wouldn’t have a team left lol
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the brief illusion that the team had a future and was heading in the right direction is over. There is zero difference between this and 2019 and 2020. No postseason win automatically makes the season a fiasco.

All the more reason to blow it up and start over again. This current setup is a formula for failure.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Hendrickson doesn’t miss time. Also, did Reiff have to leave? It was Prince that got beat for the sack.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol it's funny people blaming 10 points on 2 muffed kicks on Zac Taylor. Darius Phillips cost the Bengals the football game and no one else.

You cannot come into the Game Day thread and look for a rational take. I used to spin all game here, but lately I just check in, see the usual subjects and check out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Blame Von Bell and Darius Phillips for this loss. Joe Burrow played his absolute heart out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Burrow was every bit the stud quarterback that they thought they were getting when they drafted him.  He did it all under a lot of pressure, too.  Maybe one day they will wise up and find a way to protect him at some point.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: NO QUIT is a motto for losers. If you don't win you are complete failures as a team and as human beings. 

I can see you are NO QUIT when it comes to missing sarcasm...but I approve of your post.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You have to get rid of players like Bates. You want to keep players that make plays with the game on the line and he fails every ***** time.

I literally don’t remember him making any big plays when we’ve needed it.

Troy Polomalu is the bar for any safety that wants to be paid huge money. If you don’t make the plays Troy made then you aren’t worth a huge contract. Bates doesn’t get picks, he doesn’t stop plays behind the line, he’s a shitty tackler and goes for hits instead of wrapping up. He has no foresight. He can’t see plays before they happen and he can’t be counted on to stick a TE when we’ve been getting killed.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: It’s still all the offensive line. Can’t be giving up 5 sacks all the time.

They lost for a lot of reasons that can't be all blamed on the OL

They lost because they fumbled too many times unrelated to the OL.  They lost because the kicker missed a field goal unrelated to the OL.  They lost because a WR couldn't hold onto a TD pass unrelated to the OL.  They lost because the coach inexplicable chose never to attempt to go to the endzone in OT.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:53 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He did an anniversary Billups super bowl play.  

Honest to God he shows up all ***** limp wristed and delivers the most impact with his ***** face. Dude was all hype. Need to let him get overpaid somewhere else until another teams realizes the guy just blows.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:55 PM)Synric Wrote: You run vs cover 2 and light box. Try again.

Doesn't change the fact Taylor is pure trash as a coach who has no business on a High School sideline let alone one in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Taylor happy to play for the FG and it cost them. If you aren't playing to win, you are playing to lose. Running didn't work all game, passing got you down the field, and he calls runs on 1st and 2nd down.

Meanwhile the 49ers stuck with what worked and won.

Outcoached.

Absolutely.  Taylor was schooled in the fine art of sticking with what is working
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Blame Von Bell and Darius Phillips for this loss. Joe Burrow played his absolute heart out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Don't forget Evan Mcdouche and Zac for being ***** 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:56 PM)samhain Wrote: Burrow was every bit the stud quarterback that they thought they were getting when they drafted him.  He did it all under a lot of pressure, too.  Maybe one day they will wise up and find a way to protect him at some point.

The issue is the person we drafted instead of a lineman is the reason we almost won the game. This has happened in most of our wins (chase plays a big part), and Joe is getting destroyed back there in the process. Mixon also has a junk game after junk game because of the same line. RB time is ticking, they get over the hill qiuck.
Reply/Quote
Anyone still defending Taylor can go ahead and lace their boots up. I’ll fight anyone thinking this guy is good.

Yes, Phillips needs to go, but that is something we have heard all year and now it was just more glaring. Bell, Burrow, Mixon,Chase, Phillips, whoever you want to put the loss on has a lot of company in had a horrible game today, but Taylor is the constant.

Some think since we beat the Steelers, so we must be good. I said it months ago: “Those wins are fools’s gold.”
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
now we can feel better knowing we are out of the playoffs.. no more false hope.
Reply/Quote