Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(12-12-2021, 09:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This  team just  isnt there yet

They never will be "there". That is the Bengal way - they are either a train wreck or always looking like they are "arriving" but never arrive. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hopefully Hendrickson doesn’t miss time. Also, did Reiff have to leave? It was Prince that got beat for the sack.

Like it matters 
Reply/Quote
Looking back, Marvin getting us into the playoffs was truly amazing.
Reply/Quote
**** Mixon, been bashing him since we drafted him. When does he break a run? Dude is the most overrated RB. Do t give a shit what anyone thinks either, he’s trash.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This team just isnt there yet

It should be. We have the QB. We have a plethora of weapons. Defense was solid for 4 quarters, and most of this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We have now went 13 straight games with 16 or more points. Not done since David Shula. We contol our own destiny and we are guaranteed not to have a losing record on Christmas I'm trying to remain positive but this is the first loss in awhile that really infuriated me. Give Burrow 3 shots in OT he gets 10 yards.
Reply/Quote
The defense only allowed 20 points in regulation play. Even a mediocre offense should be able to score more points than that and win.
Reply/Quote
Anyone defending Taylor at this point needs to prosecuted. He's an insult to the entire game of football. Run his ass out of town, NOW!
Reply/Quote
Putting it squarely on Phillips ignores what happened when the Bengals did actually have the ball after a kick. Little to nothing. 20 points in regulation. Took out of field goal range on another drive. 49ers cbs got lost but luckily the Bengals chose not to exploit that. Notice what the 49ers did when they had success? They used it to win the game.

Some people will never fault Taylor.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I just don’t get letting Kittle beat you alone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Defense deserved better today.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You cannot come into the Game Day thread and look for a rational take. I used to spin all game here, but lately I just check in, see the usual subjects and check out. 

And we’re all better off for having lost you.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It should be. We have the QB. We have a plethora of weapons. Defense was solid for 4 quarters, and most of this season.

It almost seems like the one place the team isn't really good at is somewhat important....  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Let me throw a wrench in the silliness going on:

We should have ran in on 3rd down too. Mixon had picked up 7 yards on the first 2 carries of the season. We knew Bosa was killing Prince. If by happenstance Joe doesn't get 3 yards on 3rd down. You have the option to try on 4th depending on the yardage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You skipped my point. What have you blamed zac taylor for? Stop giving him excuses for the record. That's the problem with losing teams, no accountability. You can muff the ball 2 times, it's cool. Sounds like you think the coach has nothing on him. I know he doesn't ask them to drop or fumble, but he makes tactical errors that contribute to losses.

I'm talking about the game you are posting platitudes. Darius Phillips muffed 2 punts a cost the Bdngals 10 points then McPherson missed a kick. Bates dropped an int that could have won the game.

As for straight offense the biggest disappointment was the run blocking vs a light box.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:05 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Anyone defending Taylor at this point needs to prosecuted. He's an insult to the entire game of football. Run his ass out of town, NOW!

You telling me it’s legal to throw on first down?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have now went 13 straight games with 16 or more points. Not done since David Shula. We contol our own destiny and we are guaranteed not to have a losing record on Christmas I'm trying to remain positive but this is the first loss in awhile that really infuriated me. Give Burrow 3 shots in OT he gets 10 yards.

Look at the remaining schedule.  It's over.  That Baltimore game earlier in the year was fun though.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You cannot come into the Game Day thread and look for a rational take. I used to spin all game here, but lately I just check in, see the usual subjects and check out. 

Hey, in real life I have to be sane and not constantly playing with myself...I need this sort of place to cut loose and break both rules.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:05 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: And we’re all better off for having lost you.

You guys and me both..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Runs vs cover 2 and a 7 man box is normal that's blocking not play calling. They again.

Well they weren’t blocking for the run all game. Should probably take that into account.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote