Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 15 GameDay Thread - Raiders @ Bengals***
I have no problem with Merv being DC. Yes i'm aware they are missing players.

Reply/Quote
Why couldn't we play the same Raiders team that played last week?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, am I the only one with conflicted feeling watching this game?

On one hand, I love to see them playing better and having a good chance to win a game.

On the other hand, I know that a win today or in one of the last 2 guarantees Marvin for a 17th season.
I'm with you. I'm enjoying the game thus far. It's nice seeing the Bengals make some plays, but itll end up enough for marvin to keep his job unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, am I the only one with conflicted feelings watching this game?

On one hand, I love to see them playing better and having a good chance to win a game.

On the other hand, I know that a win today or in one of the last 2 guarantees Marvin for a 17th season.

Best way to deal with this is to have already accepted that Marvin will be back regardless.  ThumbsUp
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who is this coach and what’s he done with Marvin?

Color me unimpressed with Marv's "newfound aggressiveness". He's been at this for 16 years and he'll usually wait until there's little to nothing to lose before he does this. If they were deep in the hunt, he'd be typical 'play it safe Marv'. 

And the Raiders are REALLY bad.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They beat the Steelers last week.

The Steelers aren't particularly good either. They also have a weird habit of losing 1-2 games a year against TERRIBLE teams. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, am I the only one with conflicted feelings watching this game?

I'm pretty sure that's all of us.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh, he’s coming back. May as well pull for them
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
You guys act like it’s not completely up to Marvin no matter what.

Reply/Quote

Im dealing with very similar emotions

I rooted like hell for the bengals last new years eve when Boyd punched it in on 4th down but I never wouldve been so excited if I knew it mean another 2 years of Merv
Reply/Quote

I feel your pain, I'm having the same thoughts
Reply/Quote
Driskell is really pretty bad tbh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 04:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Steelers aren't particularly good either. They also have a weird habit of losing 1-2 games a year against TERRIBLE teams. 

Just saying, they beat a 1st place team last week. No game is a given.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 03:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: Same team that beat the Steelers lol

Night and day difference in getting up for Pitt compared to Cincy. Not to mention, they were playing Pitt in Oakland. Raiders don't typically do well in Sunday 1:00 games on the east coast. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 04:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Best way to deal with this is to have already accepted that Marvin will be back regardless.  ThumbsUp

Ha, I pretty much do that every year anyway, but I did have a tiny amount of hope over the last few weeks that he wouldn't.

It is nice to see them playing better though. Nice effort last week, and playing very well today so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Night and day difference in getting up for Pitt compared to Cincy. Not to mention, they were playing Pitt in Oakland. Raiders don't typically do well in Sunday 1:00 games on the east coast. 

You don't think the former Bengals aren't geared up to play us?

Or that the defense wouldn't get fired up to play well for Paulie against his former team?
Reply/Quote
Ffs Driskel

I miss Andy

Reply/Quote
Fat Randy makes it
Reply/Quote
Everything Driskel throws is a high fastball.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 04:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Color me unimpressed with Marv's "newfound aggressiveness". He's been at this for 16 years and he'll usually wait until there's little to nothing to lose before he does this. If they were deep in the hunt, he'd be typical 'play it safe Marv'. 

And the Raiders are REALLY bad.

Giant Yep
Reply/Quote