Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-02-2023, 11:26 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think it all comes down to what kind of news they get from the hospital.  If it’s good news, they play tonight.  If not, they call it….either postpone it or forfeit it.

Word is he has a pulse but isn't breathing on his own. Per Fox 19. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, but having the entire world watch the billionaire fossils who run the NFL and the major networks tell a bunch of traumatized players to get back to work might cost the NFL some money in the long-run.

I'd wager we're pretty die hard fans here, and I can't imagine any of us being upset if the game was called.  If the players are told to go on the field and they look as shaken as they did last time we saw them, I'll probably just turn it off.  Not out of protest, but who is feeling this now?

Extremely well said.
Reply/Quote
The way the broadcasters and the team is acting, I’m fearing the worst.

I’m sure they know more than we do.
Reply/Quote
Read that he has a pulse but is not breathing on his own. They were trying to get his Mother in the ambulance to accompany him but I don’t know if they were able to do so.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can’t restart this game until you have some good news. Im fine with calling it a tie and moving on. Hurts us in seeding but oh well, this is bigger.
Reply/Quote
They can not call a tie..
Its play tonight or carry on tomorrow or wednesday
Reply/Quote
My speech if i was coach McDermott would be something like

If we leave now all of us won’t even be able to sit with Hamlin and if he’s fighting for his life it could take him all night to either get stable or pass away. How about we play for the next 2 hours and give everything we’ve got so when he wakes up we can tell him that we got the one seed.

The very 1st thing I’d do tho is ask Josh Allen does the team wanna leave. Allen’s the locker room leader he has his pulse on the team.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Per twitter he has a pulse but is not breathing on his own.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, with a tie, Buffalo still has a 1/2 game advantage

That’s incorrect. Chiefs are 13-3 and Bills would be 12-3-1
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:23 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Call the game a tie and everyone go home.

^^^This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: There must be so many moving parts that the NFL is trying to resolve behind the scenes right now. Being completely unaware of said pieces, my knee jerk reaction is finish the game on Wednesday, and make sure the Bengals and Bills games from week 18 are moved to Sunday afternoon.

No idea if that is viable, but that's the best I can come up with.

The week 18 games are already on Sunday.  It would be folly to play on Wednesday and then on Sunday play for the Division. I don't have a solution, but that one is not viable.
Reply/Quote
I think if something stops your heart, they can get it started again more easily than say a 70 year old who has a heart attack. Especially given the immediate assistance available. Wishful thinking maybe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, but having the entire world watch the billionaire fossils who run the NFL and the major networks tell a bunch of traumatized players to get back to work might cost the NFL some money in the long-run.

I'd wager we're pretty die hard fans here, and I can't imagine any of us being upset if the game was called.  If the players are told to go on the field and they look as shaken as they did last time we saw them, I'll probably just turn it off.  Not out of protest, but who is feeling this now?

I don't disagree it would be better to call it. I just dont think they will. Too late in tbe season to resxhedule, there are playoff seeds and Division titles on the line, and like I said, contractual obligations.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. This is why they have to resolve this game - it has ripple effects on postseason. 

If the Bengals and Bills agree to giving up their shot at the #1 seed, then I don’t think anyone can complain. Especially when we don’t know if this kid is gonna live.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:28 PM)Spider Wrote: They can not call a tie..
Its play tonight or carry on tomorrow or wednesday

Bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Read that he has a pulse but is not breathing on his own. They were trying to get his Mother in the ambulance to accompany him but I don’t know if they were able to do so.

IM not sure you wait for mom if he needs immediate medical treatment from a level 1 trauma center
Reply/Quote
Hasn't been mentioned yet I don't believe, but u have to wonder how Tee is handling this.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how you can play unless there is a more positive update. You just can't turn it back on like the game all of a sudden matters.
Reply/Quote
I’ve looked at the replay several times. He hit his head HARD after tackling Tee Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:29 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: That’s incorrect. Chiefs are 13-3 and Bills would be 12-3-1

Ah, I thought the Bills had a game lead. Must just be the head to head. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote