Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
I don't think they will do it but the decision to continue should be 100% up to the Bills players and coaches. I think our organization has enough respect and class to do it, but I doubt if the league does.
Reply/Quote
Probably incoming postponement unless they get word soon he will be okay.
Reply/Quote
I just think he took all of Tee’s force right into the middle of his chest
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:34 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Tyler Boyd was his teammate ar Pitt

You sure? He’s quite a bit younger than Boyd
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:39 PM)Spider Wrote: Not sure of a rule
Im sure the NFL has something in place for this exact situation
Given how this is unfolding, it feels like they are making it up as they go. One thing g for sure tho. They will have a process for it moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The players had no interest in going back out on that field and I dont blame them. Their brother is fighting for his life. I dont see how the outcome of this game, if they were to play it now, would reflect the reality of these two teams. Their heads are not in it. The dude got CPR and obviously stopped breathing right in front of them. This is life and death, not a regular injury. I highly doubt anyone involved from the team level to the NFL knows how to handle this situation because this is the first. But they have to figure it out

Yep this is another whole level
Reply/Quote
I guess it's insensitive to ask now, changing topic, if the NFL doesnt call off the game, would it bring them negative attention and open a pandora box?
Reply/Quote
I suppose you could award both teams a victory. Alternately you postpone for 24/48 hours. They will have to figure out how to do the least damage to the playoff picture. Both teams on a postponement would have to go on short rest for Week 18.
Reply/Quote
If I Were a player I think id finish the game

We dont know whats gonna happen when they get that call about Hamlin. Thats an unknown. The unknown is scary.

BUt what we do know is we can play football. These 2 hours left of this game could be the only enjoyment you get for a long time if that young man doesnt make it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Then why have you mentioned drugs three times? Dude, just stop. Man is seriously injured on a football field and substances is all on your mind. Not the time or place.

No kidding. Delayed overdose?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Amen.
Reply/Quote
Game was going wonderfully for the Bengals when play stopped and now every Bengal fan I’ve seen wants the game called. If we don’t even want to watch, how can they be expected to play?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Media being sent back to the field, does that mean they are going to play?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I guess it's insensitive to ask now, changing topic, if the NFL doesnt call off the game, would it bring them negative attention and open a pandora box?

Continuing play would be insensitive.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:39 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Probably incoming postponement unless they get word soon he will be okay.

I would think so. Either a no-contest or a postponement, unless they get the word he is okay. Too hard to play such a physical game after witnessing this. If soccer or basketball, maybe. But a game in which you lay into each other is too hard to play right after this.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You sure? He’s quite a bit younger than Boyd

Yeah. I didn’t realize how old Boyd was 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I just think he took all of Tee’s force right into the middle of his chest

That brings up something I hadn't thought of.  If a rib(s) broke, then it is possible his lung was punctured.
Reply/Quote
IMO the way it looked, him going down during the tackle, getting back up, the collapsing has all the signs of a coupe contra coupe traumatic brain injury.  The first thing that same to mind is a basil skull fracture, or some sort of traumatic injury to the cervical spine.  Just the way it looked has all of the earmarks of bleeding in the brain.  God I hope and pray I'm not accurate.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Amen.
Amen

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote