Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-03-2023, 12:00 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I think they call it a tie and we move on to Sunday.

We win the North, Bills stay in first seeding spot.

Not that it matters right now but think that’s how the league will call it a fair deal

No, Chiefs take over the 1st seed with a Tie.  Bills had the same record, but held the tiebreaker.
Reply/Quote
Took them long enough...

They have very little time in which to reschedule this to put it lightly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is making Goodell look very bad - he needs to be out there already speaking about what happens now.

Completely agree he needs to make some kind of statement as soon as possible.  
Reply/Quote
As difficult as it would be and unfair to both teams to reschedule, play, then play next week, I assume they will do 1 of two things:

Since both teams had a drive, game can be called as is giving Cincy the win,

Play the game tomorrow or Wednesday and push both teams next game to next Monday.

Reply/Quote
Kudos to the fans at Paycor Stadium; all class tonight.
Reply/Quote
Color me surprised they did the right thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: As difficult as it would be and unfair to both teams to reschedule, play, then play next week, I assume they will do 1 of two things:

Play the game tomorrow or Wednesday and push both teams next game to next Monday.

And then you're at a deficit for RD 1 of the playoffs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Finally! The correct call
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:00 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I think they call it a tie and we move on to Sunday.

We win the North, Bills stay in first seeding spot.

Not that it matters right now but think that’s how the league will call it a fair deal

I don't think a tie. Probably a no-contest. Calling the game a tie doesn't make sense, since they didn't tie. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kudos to the fans at Paycor Stadium; all class tonight.

Agreed, very emotional situation and a lot of waiting with no information.  
Reply/Quote
His poor mother
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:03 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: No, Chiefs take over the 1st seed with a Tie.  Bills had the same record, but held the tiebreaker.

Ah shit you’re right would have been best way to cancel it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:03 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Let's just hope that's the worst case scenario. 

This is the worst part to me.

Hes not gonna wake up the same person. Football took one today
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kudos to the fans at Paycor Stadium; all class tonight.

I think even eagles fans wouldve been uncharacteristically classy tonight
Reply/Quote
Give both teams the win
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: As difficult as it would be and unfair to both teams to reschedule, play, then play next week, I assume they will do 1 of two things:

Yeah, they’ve got experience with last minute cancellations with Covid. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:02 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: This had nothing to do with the hit. I don’t think a NFL player has ever needed CPR due to a hit.

It was the hit. He got hit in the chest. Unfortunately for this dude and his teammates (and all of us) I don't think he makes it out of this.
Reply/Quote
To me it looked like a brain injury but what do I know. The way he fell back and his hands thrust up isn’t that similar to what Tua did?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:03 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: No, Chiefs take over the 1st seed with a Tie.  Bills had the same record, but held the tiebreaker.

You almost would need to award both teams a W if you don't finish the game. 
Reply/Quote
Best thing is Cincy has some world-class medical facilities.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote