Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-03-2023, 12:58 AM)Destro Wrote: Yeah. I personally know five different people who have been intubated. One had some mental issue afterwards. Apparently, not uncommon. That said, I would hope he wouldn't need anything and get up out of there.

I’ve been intubated in an emergency situation and you better believe I needed some serious psychiatric help to get over it.

Pray for Damar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:48 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Wow

Nicomo just wants you to conform

I think he means well?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:01 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: All of these reporters have said prayers with Hamlin. That’s great. I hope the whole country is praying for him. As a Christian, there is power in prayer and it would be very impactful if they could use their platform to do an actual prayer to God, out loud, on tv.

They are talking about and showing the Bills players praying on the field.  ESPN just showed it right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It just seems weird a picture of Tee Higgins after the event should be under wraps while we simultaneously attempt to get every update about Hamlin's life and death medical struggles up to the minute.

I guess none of this stuff that doesn't take place on the football field is any of our damn business.
It's not the same thing.

People want to know whether or not Damar is going to make it or not, life or death. That's it. Geunine concern.

No one should feel entitled to seeing Tee process trauma with close family members. Be concerned about Tee. Maybe look for a follow-up that will come when he makes himself available to the Media. Don't take a picutre of a private moment and post it. If you want to see that, go watch Days of Our Lives. I'm sure the concern is genuine here too, but give him some space. His life isn't in grave danger right now.
Reply/Quote
FWIW.... from a third party site.......his vitals have been stabilized and he currently on a ventilator pending tests. Don't know the accuracy of this but I thought Id share it
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:03 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been intubated in an emergency situation and you better believe I needed some serious psychiatric help to get over it.  

Pray for Damar.

Sorry, man. I know he was in counseling in the ICU the whole time and after he came home. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's not the same thing.

People want to know whether or not Damar is going to make it or not, life or death. That's it.

No one should feel entitled to seeing, Tee process trauma with close family members. Be concerned about Tee. Maybe look for a follow-up that will come when he makes himself available to the Media. Don't take a picutre of a private moment and post it. If you want to see that, go watch Days of Our Lives.

People aren't entitled to know how Damar is doing, either.  I just find your views on what is ethical to report and what is sneaky and wrong to be reporting to be a bit confusing.

You have a reporter taking a picture of Tee leaving and you have reporters hovering outside of the hospital. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:03 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been intubated in an emergency situation and you better believe I needed some serious psychiatric help to get over it.

Pray for Damar.

I just talked to a respiratory therapist. They don’t intubate you unless you can’t breathe on your own.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:11 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I just talked to a respiratory therapist. They don’t intubate you unless you can’t breathe on your own.

...or you need to be unconscious for tests.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People aren't entitled to know how Damar is doing, either.  I just find your views on what is ethical to report and what is sneaky and wrong to be reporting to be a bit confusing.

You have a reporter taking a picture of Tee leaving and you have reporters hovering outside of the hospital. 

I mean, if you can't distinguish between people wanting a follow-up about a life-or-death situation they witnessed on live TV and wanting access to a private moment between someone who experienced trauma but is otherwise alive and well; I don't really know what to say.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:08 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's not the same thing.

People want to know whether or not Damar is going to make it or not, life or death. That's it. Geunine concern.

No one should feel entitled to seeing Tee process trauma with close family members. Be concerned about Tee. Maybe look for a follow-up that will come when he makes himself available to the Media. Don't take a picutre of a private moment and post it. If you want to see that, go watch Days of Our Lives. I'm sure the concern is genuine here too, but give him some space. His life isn't in grave danger right now.

Seriously? This post is gross, and you should feel bad about yourself.

Reply/Quote
Just watched additional video of too many young men shedding real tears. Brings back a lot. Enough for me for the night, fellas. Hope to wake to a better world.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:16 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I mean, if you can't distinguish between people wanting a follow-up about a life-or-death situation they witnessed on live TV and wanting access to a private moment between someone who experienced trauma but is otherwise alive and well; I don't really know what to say.

People WANT a follow up on Damar and people WANT to know how Tee is doing and who he is with and what he is doing.  They just showed a video of Diggs walking into the hospital...is that some sort of violation of his privacy in a way that a picture of Tee leaving the locker room is as well?  Is there some rulebook I never had a chance to read on this stuff?

People want to have up to the second private info on everything, but we also want to clutch our pearls about what sneaky and intrusive bastards the people who get us the info are.

People want to know how Damar is doing and people want to know how Tee is doing.  Technically, I guess we don't have a right to know either. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously? This post is gross, and you should feel bad about yourself.

I said what I said.

Let me know when a close family member of yours experiences something like this. When people ask how you're doing, i'll be sure to take a picture of you processing the situation and post it on this thread. I'm just letting people know how you're doing. Totally fair, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People WANT a follow up on Damar and people WANT to know how Tee is doing and who he is with and what he is doing.  They just showed a video of Diggs walking into the hospital...is that some sort of violation of his privacy in a way that a picture of Tee leaving the locker room is as well?  Is there some rulebook I never had a chance to read on this stuff?

People want to have up to the second private info on everything, but we also want to clutch our pearls about what sneaky and intrusive bastards the people who get us the info are.

People want to know how Damar is doing and people want to know how Tee is doing.  Technically, I guess we don't have a right to know either. 

Their reactions were all about not liking the reporter, or the poster who shared it here. It’s that simple.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:22 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I said what I said.

Let me know when a close family member of yours experiences something like this. When people ask how you're doing, i'll be sure to take a picture of you processing the situation and post it on this thread. I'm just letting people know how you're doing. Totally fair, right?

Can we ban this guy, already? This is over the line.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we ban this guy, already? This is over the line.

Take it easy. Your outrage is better suited for twitter than here
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their reactions were all about not liking the reporter, or the poster who shared it here. It’s that simple.

Oh, ok I guess I didn't notice or don't have any knowledge of who that person is.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Take it easy. Your outrage is better suited for twitter than here

I'm pretty sure twitter is overflowing with people blaming this on the vaccine, and I can't even believe that's still a thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure twitter is overflowing with people blaming this on the vaccine, and I can't even believe that's still a thing.

Ironically enough the replies on twitter to those pics of Tee and his mom are much more heartfelt and what you’d expect than some of the stuff being said here. Go figure.

Reply/Quote