Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(09-19-2021, 05:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol funny you say that, cause I was going to say my hatred towards Pitt is even above terrorist. Freakin hate that team with a sick twisted passion.

I hear and agree TK, however I think they'll pull out all stops to send JB out in a stretcher!

I personally think Joe came back too soon and it will be easier to target that injury ESPECIALLY if they don't give a rip whether they get ejected or suspended.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao I wouldn’t go that far

But if you have 3 studs at wr, and one of them is the 5th overall pick, I expect big things from them, especially Chase, week after week.

Every week I think you'll start back peddling on him just as you have already since the finish of preseason.

I still say 5-12.

BTW I also believe the Raiders are for real as a side bar.
Reply/Quote
I thought they should have blitzed on that 3rd down where fields scrambled for the 1st. Defense wasn’t bad though. I do think if Dalton didn’t get hurt, they could have blown us out though.

Offensive game plan was terrible. The offensive line didn’t help matters. I totally expected this result. But as I said in my prediction, this was an opportunity to prove that this years Bengals are better (by winning a winnable game I expected them to lose).

The bears played well as I expected. Better coaching would have got us the win. I just never have had a moment with Zac where I thought, “wow, that was an amazing/innovative play call”. He’s nothing special and was lucky to win last week. His coaching last week should have resulted in a loss, but his players bailed him out. Now this week they just didn’t know how to attack a good defense. Zac is not off to a good start in terms of impressing me this year. A win against the Steelers is the only thing that could prove something to me. I’m expecting a loss, so it’s on Zac to prove us all wrong and prove he can outcoach Tomlin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Every week I think you'll start back peddling on him just as you have already since the finish of preseason.

I still say 5-12.

BTW I also believe the Raiders are for real as a side bar.

????

I hate the chase pick, but I never was worried about his preseason. I knew he would get it together.

And he has, I trust his hands for the most part.

I want him to be productive. Because through 2 games, yes he’s been productive-ish, but that’s because he had 1 big play. Every thing else is 3 catches for 30 yards
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Wow....no mention at all of how his defective offensive game plan was THE cause for the loss?

I didnt watch this moron speak..but my gut reaction to reading this is ZT is setting up Lou as the sacraficial lamb if this shit train keeps rolling along...
so when they are 1-5, he fires Lou and reboot towards  a 2 -15 season. 
I thought D played solid all things considered.
Reply/Quote
Just caught a few comments from Burrow’s press conference. He said something along the lines of the Bears D knew we wouldn’t be going deep so that sat on the short routes most of the game. Hey Zac, if that’s true, that’s on you and your predictable play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The guy we shoulda taken just threw a pick on his first pass. Guess we shoulda taken Tua.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'll say it again.  John Ross, John Ross, John Ross!!

Nah, Chase has been open every time they target him deep. I think through 2 games he has been targeted deep 3 times, caught 2 of them for TDs, and the third would have been an easy TD but Burrow threw it out of bounds.

Chase has been as advertised, and I was one of the ones banging on the Sewell drum.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ????

I hate the chase pick, but I never was worried about his preseason. I knew he would get it together.

And he has, I trust his hands for the most part.

I want him to be productive. Because through 2 games, yes he’s been productive-ish, but that’s because he had 1 big play. Every thing else is 3 catches for 30 yards

Even the best offensive line of would have given up pressure in the gameplan Zac and Callahan called today.

It was literally empty set past plays or stacked run plays for 3 quarters. The Bengals did not force thr Bears defense to think at all...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:44 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Just caught a few comments from Burrow’s press conference. He said something along the lines of the Bears D knew we wouldn’t be going deep so that sat on the short routes most of the game. Hey Zac, if that’s true, that’s on you and your predictable play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other words Zac Taylor is to blame. And Burrow publicly confirmed the bad game plan. Said game plan also let the Bears spend most of the game with 8 in the box which was ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, Chase has been open every time they target him deep. I think through 2 games he has been targeted deep 3 times, caught 2 of them for TDs, and the third would have been an easy TD but Burrow threw it out of bounds.

Chase has been as advertised, and I was one of the ones banging on the Sewell drum.

He is as advertised

But clearly we don’t need him.

Burrow getting killed and it’s getting to his head

Another position would’ve helped with that

You know, to protect the future. A potential mvp
Reply/Quote
How does a team with so many “ studs” on offense look so lifeless?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How does a team with so many “ studs” on offense look so lifeless?

With a brainless game plan that does not do anything to play to our strengths and instead lets defenses crowd the box...
Reply/Quote
Bengals had 2 pass attempts that were not out of an empty formation through 3 quarters.... 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals had 2 pass attempts that were not out of an empty formation through 3 quarters.... 2.

The empty formation needs to be banned from the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: The empty formation needs to be banned from the playbook.

Empty is fine 1/7th of the time not 5/7ths.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals had 2 pass attempts that were not out of an empty formation through 3 quarters.... 2.

When I brought this exact thing up a few weeks ago about it being a problem, I was told that they only did it 17% of the time......

I said it before and I'll say it again, when you let the defense know that there is zero chance of a run, they will tee off on your QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When I brought this exact thing up a few weeks ago about it being a problem, I was told that they only did it 17% of the time......

I said it before and I'll say it again, when you let the defense know that there is zero chance of a run, they will tee off on your QB.

And combine this with not going deep and also the RB/TE missing blocking assignments and you see the result. 
Reply/Quote

100% play calling. Zach is not even a high school level coach. Dude has got to go.
Reply/Quote
Also, if for whatever reason Burrow is going to not be mobile back there you have to change the offense to shield it.

3WR, OL, either 2 TE or TE and Evans (Mixon and Perine have lost my confidence because of the missed blocks). Someone deep on every snap. Was protect if needed with TE/back as outlet. No shotgun also because it gives the play away.
Reply/Quote