Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(09-18-2016, 05:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unless the ref is suffering from severe cataracts...there's no way you can review that and still call it a fumble. Like I said in my previous post, I don't usually call out officials...but that was sketchy as f'k!

The Bengals put themselves in a bad situation (needing 8 to tie)...but the the ref decided to end the game with that call.

That is the only answer for that.

smdh.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:19 PM)djam Wrote: When does Burfict get back?

Two weeks from today.  Hope he is in better shape than Malaluga as far as weight goes.  Don't look like Rey M has lost any weight.  Doesn't matter much when you are an offensive lineman, but a LB!!!
Reply/Quote
you know its a bad call when guys on the a Steelers board say it was a gift call

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers played better than us, they deserved the win. That being said, this whole ref crew needs fired. Not publicly called out, not fined, not given a shitty game - F I R E D
Reply/Quote
Regrets because that Steelers team wasn't that good.

We couldn't run the ball and it was a killer.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Part of the problem is they know we won't complain.

Marvin should have publicly pulled his team off the field and refused to send them out in protest over the officiating. Push it into the eye of the sports media.
Reply/Quote
That sucks. It sucks that the NFL will admit it was wrong later in the week.

It's week two. We come out of the game healthy. Need to get better in red zone, and run game. Our team will be fine.
Reply/Quote
The good news is it doesn't sting as bad now that we've been through this so many times before. Pretty sure we all had a gut feeling what the ref was gonna say
Reply/Quote
Refs literally made so many wrong calls on the field. One sided holding calls, fumble on the punt that was whistled dead, TD call was missed, fumble at the end, so many messed up calls. What a load of crap. All game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Good call.

With that said, this really might be my last NFL game.  I just cannot take the incompetence iof the officials n these situations, especially when they now admittedly have someone in the league office in their ears!

I'm leaning more towards "fixed" than "incompetent."  There were apparently 16 missed calls in the Packer's-Jaguars game, and of course the majority benefited the Packers.  There are certain favored teams in this league.  The Packers and Steelers are among them.
Reply/Quote
It still raises the long term questions. Once again they failed to play big against the Steelers and on the national stage. Why even have an NFL team if they cannot consistently win the big games? What's the point of the Cincinnati Bengals if the best they can do is "close but no cigar"?
Reply/Quote
Remember, its just a game.

Reply/Quote
This shit for ***** sake. I can handle losing bit god damnit. One challenge on the knee down TD and a terrible, idiotic call on the Boyd catch, we win this game.

**** you Goodell you yellow ***** *********
Reply/Quote
The head of the ref crew this game lead the worst officiating crew in the league last year and instead of firing they split the crew up and gave him the Bengals vs the Steelers week 2.

What a bunch of crap.
Reply/Quote
It was called a fumble on the field and tbh you couldn't see the ball for shit in the replay so you really can't overturn it. I know it seems like he was down before the ball came out but can you honestly, in from an objective and logical viewpoint, say that it was indisputable video evidence? I know I can't.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not normally a "officials screwed us" kinda guy, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Say what you want about our performance on the field and it's probably all true, but that was the worst blown call I've seen in a long...long time.

Neither am I but today was blatant beyond the blown call. The non-holding calls on their Oline were embarrassing to watch. Really hating how the league allows such poor officiating to the point where it's taking the fun out of watching our team play.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: It still raises the long term questions. Once again they failed to play big against the Steelers and on the national stage. Why even have an NFL team if they cannot consistently win the big games? What's the point of the Cincinnati Bengals if the best they can do is "close but no cigar"?

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

When the hell did 1 PM on a Sunday become the national stage?
Reply/Quote
The last thing I wanted was to be 'right'.

I was raised never to blame the umpires for losing a ballgame and pretty much carried that attitude all my life.

But in this game, especially the last call when everyone and their brother said the call was wrong, how more obvious can that get???

I said the lopsided calls could be the difference!

No, they did not play well, but they were on a roll to put themselves in a position to tie.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Remember, its just a game.

Steeler Douche. Go Away!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Remember, its just a game.

Yep a fixed game. When I was a kid I really enjoyed wwe (as embarrassing as that is to say lol)...you know until I realized how fake it was. Guess I shouldn't be surprised to find out the same thing about the NFL. I'm not really even mad, just disappointed in myself for falling for it smh
Reply/Quote