Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(09-18-2016, 05:34 PM)treee Wrote: The knee is definitely down before the ball pops out into plain view, from every angle. However, a fumble starts when you first lose control of the ball. Since there was no angle where you can see the ball until the very end, then there is no indisputable evidence that he didn't begin to lose control before the knee was down.

I was thinking the same thing. I think his knee was down, but the two angles they showed the ball was hidden a bit not showing he had clear possession moment the knee hit. I either need to see the replay 100 more times or need a better camera angle. Of course if the refs blew the whistle like they did earlier for the Pitt guy when he fumbled it, then they wouldnt have had the evidence to overturn it, meaning Bengals ball.

But before folks flay me for saying that, treee said it first so pitchfork him while I make a run for it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bad News and Good News.

Bad News - We have the Broncos without Burfict or Eifert. After the Broncos we have the short week and then play the Dolphins. Probably won't have Eifert back for the Dolphins game either.

Good News - The games are at home and we will should have Burfict back for the Dolphins.

(Somehow the good doesn't seem as good as the bad is bad!!)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:32 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: knee was down.

3+

Uzoma's td counted

7+

Bengals win by 2.

And we played low GARBAGE too. 

Scary huh?
Reply/Quote
Yea I said what everybody is thinking......
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Yea I said what everybody is thinking......
like this?
[Image: nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-me...unners.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I was thinking the same thing. I think his knee was down, but the two angles they showed the ball was hidden a bit not showing he had clear possession moment the knee hit. I either need to see the replay 100 more times or need a better camera angle. Of course if the refs blew the whistle like they did earlier for the Pitt guy when he fumbled it, then they wouldnt have had the evidence to overturn it, meaning Bengals ball.

But before folks flay me for saying that, treee said it first so pitchfork him while I make a run for it.

Exactly. If people want to be mad, be mad that it was called a fumble on the field, not because there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Cool

mason.....he agrees that it was a bad call by the officials. gameday thread he's a steeler fan and the only one on this board that actually showed up for gameday that i have seen. props to you 6.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:34 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I still had the Lions game here... Whatever
We didn't have it here in Johnson City, Tennessee either.

SaveSave
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:33 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: ... NFL not even trying to cover up anymore. They are just openly biased.

Yep.  It's gotten beyond laughable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:47 PM)WildCat Wrote: mason.....he agrees that it was a bad call by the officials. gameday thread he's a steeler fan and the only one on this board that actually showed up for gameday that i have seen. props to you 6.

I always hang around the Steelers/bengals Gameday thread. Except for the playoff game last year where I announced I was leaving not to return by kickoff. Looking back on it, I've never made a better decision.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:46 PM)6andcounting Wrote: like this?
[Image: nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-me...unners.jpg]
That exactly what I meant. Could I have made it any clearer ? But he's one finger off.
Reply/Quote
Well as an ole timer here, I need to say it, since it hasn't been said yet, because until this team changes franchise history, outside of making the playoffs 7 out of the last 11 years, we have 3 choices:

1.  Become a bandwagon fan and start rooting and following the Patriots.  Shocked

2.  Stop following NFL football.   Hilarious

3.  Just be glad it isn't the 90s anymore, and enjoy the fact that we can watch every game knowing that we have a chance to win!  Cool  

(Ducking to keep from being hit by flying objects)
Reply/Quote
Really getting tired of the NFL with the obvious ref bias and political crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well as an ole timer here, I need to say it, since it hasn't been said yet, because until this team changes franchise history, outside of making the playoffs 7 out of the last 11 years, we have 3 choices:

1.  Become a bandwagon fan and start rooting and following the Patriots.  Shocked

2.  Stop following NFL football.   Hilarious

3.  Just be glad it isn't the 90s anymore, and enjoy the fact that we can watch every game knowing that we have a chance to win!  Cool  

(Ducking to keep from being hit by flying objects)

*In a heroic effort to rescue bengalguy71 from flying objects, 6andcounting comes by to invite Bengal fans on to the Steelers bandwagon*
Reply/Quote
NFL the new WWF
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: *In a heroic effort to rescue bengalguy71 from flying objects, 6andcounting comes by to invite Bengal fans on to the Steelers bandwagon*

I'd rather cut my sack off.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: *In a heroic effort to rescue bengalguy71 from flying objects, 6andcounting comes by to invite Bengal fans on to the Steelers bandwagon*

The Steelers were given the game and even the announcers knew it.  Bengals had them; even with their crappy play.  Take the biased and wrong calls out of the game and Bengals win.  It was so bad that I bet even Steelers fans would admit they probably would have lost.  It was so in your face bias for the Steelers it was pathetic.

I really don't mind loosing a hard fought, close game.  I HATE watching ANY NFL game where the refs are just calling a horrible/biased game.  It takes all the fun out of football. 
Reply/Quote

No thanks.  Switched from a Browns fan, back when the Browns were elite, to the Bengals in 1968.  Made it through the 90s so I won't let the admitted preferential treatment of a successful organization derail me!!
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]

Anyways, the Steelers didn't look great today either. Funny how that happens when you're not playing the Redskins. 

Reply/Quote
i blame mike brown. worst owner along with that guy that owns the jags. NFL's bias against horrid ownership couldn't be more obvious. bidwill of arizona used to be right there. i think they turned that around somehow.
Reply/Quote