Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Broncos @ Bengals***
(09-25-2016, 05:12 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Things will change.  We get Burfict and Eifert back, schedule lightens up, we're ok.

Hell the Arizona Cardinals are 1 -2 also

Pretty much this.

Everyone knew we had a rough stretch to start. The Bengals Offense improve their weaknesses every week against solid defenses.

We'll get Eifert back, which isn't saying much, but our offense will be serviceable regardless.

Defense really blew it today. It'll be much better with Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:16 PM)Utts Wrote: We've got issues all over the place, and most of the are player related - not coaching. This team is simply not as good as the 2015 team.

Bingo.  It's really just that simple.  Painfully, painfully simple....
Reply/Quote
Should've begged Hue and Reggie Nelson to stay
Reply/Quote
If we are a no-show against the Dolphins I will start to worry. Although it being a Thursday night doesn't make me sleep any easier.

We're 1-2, with all three of the teams we've played so far being top AFC teams. Not time to panic yet, but the heart is beating faster no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm not alone. Even Fouts said Uzomah misplayed it. But your psychotic hatred for Andy Dalton as usual blinds you to everything else. For example, it requires time to go through progressions. When you're being contacted by the defense less than two seconds after you get the ball progressions aren't going to happen. 

By the way, this is the third straight game the OL got punked down by a defense without them having to blitz a lot. 

I dont think you ever admitted a Dalton fault ever. Hilariousness 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:16 PM)Utts Wrote: We've got issues all over the place, and most of the are player related - not coaching. This team is simply not as good as the 2015 team.

A lot are coach related too. It's just that we've had those same problems since Marv got here.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What game are you watching?  Andy played like shit.  You not acknowledging that is hilarious.  You probably think the interception he threw wasn't his fault too, don't you.  I guarantee you can't find me one play where Andy read to defense and threw to his 2nd or 3rd option can you.  Andy throwing to his checkdown doesnt count.  He's been in the NFL long enough to be able read a defense.  He can't and he still can't throw a long ball.

Denver has probably the best pass D in the NFL. Look what they did to Cam and Luck this year. We weren't going to beat them by passing and when Dalton threw the INT, we were already out of the game.

We lost because the defense gave up 4 TDs to a crap QB and it took our offense out of its game plan. Be realistic .
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'll continue to say it, we will be a good team around mid season. We have new players in important roles. We have five new coaches. We are playing the tough part of our schedule now. We are missing our best defensive player and one of our best offensive players. We have had zero breaks with turnovers and penalties. I projected we would start 2-4 and end 8-2 for a 10-6 season record. Hope that gets us in the playoffs. I think it will. There is too much talent on this team for the wheels to fall off. Oddly we are in a learning situation and will have some growing pains.
Reply/Quote
Marvin sounds lost a flustered being asked about Siemians career day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:18 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Bingo.  It's really just that simple.  Painfully, painfully simple....

Sadly it's also coaching. Only a mental defective would play soft zone coverage the way we do. WAY too many times the receivers were totally wide open. A BIG difference in Zimmer's philosophy was he rarely played zone and when he did it was tight zone. Otherwise it was bump man coverage with the safeties helping up top. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: The pundits say we miss Hue...I think the coach we are missing is Vance Joseph

The guy we miss most of all comes back next week. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm not alone. Even Fouts said Uzomah misplayed it. But your psychotic hatred for Andy Dalton as usual blinds you to everything else. For example, it requires time to go through progressions. When you're being contacted by the defense less than two seconds after you get the ball progressions aren't going to happen. 

By the way, this is the third straight game the OL got punked down by a defense without them having to blitz a lot. 

Fouts also said that the refs taking there time with the review meant the calls would be overturned. Rewatch the INT you will see Andy look at the TE from the beginning and Ward watching Andy and Andy throws the ball right to Ward. I don't care what Uzomah did because Andy still threw the ball right to Ward after staring at the same spot from the beginning of the play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin sounds lost a flustered being asked about Siemians career day.

He didn't know you were allowed to still try when you have the lead.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:15 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I fully expected 3-3 in the first 6 weeks.  Did not expect the refs to pile on but whatever.

Bengals will still win this division
If we are gonna do anything we need to make it to 3-3. Not looking good now.
Reply/Quote
It's all good boys. Calm down . Drink another beer, we're ok
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:22 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Fouts also said that the refs taking there time with the review meant the calls would be overturned.  Rewatch the INT you will see Andy look at the TE from the beginning and Ward watching Andy and Andy throws the ball right to Ward.  I don't care what Uzomah did because Andy still threw the ball right to Ward after staring at the same spot from the beginning of the play.

I saw it. And your account is only true in your delusional mind. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sadly it's also coaching. Only a mental defective would play soft zone coverage the way we do. WAY too many times the receivers were totally wide open. A BIG difference in Zimmer's philosophy was he rarely played zone and when he did it was tight zone. Otherwise it was bump man coverage with the safeties helping up top. 

Can we agree that on 3rd and 11 blitzing our safety while our backup cb covers Demetrius Thomas one on one is pretty ***** stupid?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Denver has probably the best pass D in the NFL. Look what they did to Cam and Luck this year. We weren't going to beat them by passing and when Dalton threw the INT, we were already out of the game.

We lost because the defense gave up 4 TDs to a craps QB and it took our offense out of its game plan. Be realistic .

No. We lost because Dalton wasn't able to take his game to the next level. We actually matched up well position to position besides QB play. Dalton didn't lose the game. But we needed good QB play to win. It didn't happen. 
Reply/Quote
We lost to the world champs with some help from the zebras . Season is young
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:24 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Can we agree that on 3rd and 11 blitzing our safety while our backup cb covers Demetrius Thomas one on one is pretty ***** stupid?

Yup. That is part of the coaching awfulness that is Paul Guenther. 
Reply/Quote