Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Week 4 Could Get Better For Bengals Sunday
With Bengals already playing and winning, I thought there was nothing much to care about Sunday NFL Games. Then I remembered how this works.

I'm rooting for Bills over Ravens, Falcons over Browns and Jets over Steelers. If any of the AFC North teams lose, it makes The Bengals Win Week that much better. If all the AFC North Teams lose, it doesn't get any better than that.

Maybe because its early in the season, or maybe because I've had end of September & first of October personal things on my mind. I just remembered the importance of other games Sunday. GO BILLS, JETS, FALCONS and BEAT RAVENS, STEELERS, BROWNS.

Pitt SuxBalt SuxClev Sux

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Of those, the most interesting one to me is the Jets and Steelers. Mostly, it's because I love to see the Steelers lose.
Reply/Quote
Steelers really need to start their rookie QB.

No way we should have lost that game. Steelers very poor this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not upset, but just pointing out that nobody has to tell me to HATE the steelers or to root for the Browns and Rats to lose.

That's just a given on Sunday's for me, Who-Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Speedy's wish list, every f'n Sunday:

Bengals win.
Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland lose. I won't even have any of those turds on my fantasy teams.
All serious AFC contenders lose.
SF loses. I have a long memory.
LA loses. Still hurts, always will.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:28 AM)kevin Wrote: With Bengals already playing and winning, I thought there was nothing much to care about Sunday NFL Games.  Then I remembered how this works.  

I'm rooting for Bills over Ravens,  Falcons over Browns and Jets over Steelers.  If any of the AFC North teams lose, it makes The Bengals Win Week that much better.  If all the AFC North Teams lose, it doesn't get any better than that.

Maybe because its early in the season, or maybe because I've had end of September & first of October personal things on my mind.   I just remembered the importance of other games Sunday.   GO BILLS, JETS,  FALCONS and BEAT RAVENS, STEELERS, BROWNS.  

Pitt SuxBalt SuxClev Sux

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

[Image: thats-a-very-interesting-story-cool-story.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 08:53 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Of those, the most interesting one to me is the Jets and Steelers. Mostly, it's because I love to see the Steelers lose.

2nd most favorite team is always whoever is playing that team to the East.  The Jets actually match up fairly well against the steelers, until I saw that Zach Wilson is going to start for the Jets.  They will blitz the crap out of him and it is likely to be a very long day.  

Would be nice to be wrong, though.  Steelers are turd soup without Watt.  
Reply/Quote
Falcons are much better than I expected them to be so there’s a chance they could win but I doubt it. Steelers need every win they can get them hands on, but I doubt the Jets will get it done, but the Steelers are pretty awful offensively so you never know.

I think the Bills win, but I’m expecting that game to be a shoot out since both defenses are weak in the secondary due to injuries
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:28 AM)kevin Wrote: With Bengals already playing and winning, I thought there was nothing much to care about Sunday NFL Games.  Then I remembered how this works.  

I'm rooting for Bills over Ravens,  Falcons over Browns and Jets over Steelers.  If any of the AFC North teams lose, it makes The Bengals Win Week that much better.  If all the AFC North Teams lose, it doesn't get any better than that.

Maybe because its early in the season, or maybe because I've had end of September & first of October personal things on my mind.   I just remembered the importance of other games Sunday.   GO BILLS, JETS,  FALCONS and BEAT RAVENS, STEELERS, BROWNS.  

Pitt SuxBalt SuxClev Sux

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

Needs more blocking...
Reply/Quote
This division is tough. I hate the Stoolers badly but don’t see them as playoff contenders and with the Browns being sneaky good (if they have a decent record once Watson returns, watch out!!) and the Rat turds being solid, we really need them to lose every chance possible.
Reply/Quote
The word HATE keeps popping up. I'm not into the whole HATE thing. I am into the Bengals losing start to season and AFC North Standings. With Bengals going from 0-2 to 2-2 in 5 days, Browns and Ravens could also be 2-2 with losses today.

All these games start at 1 PM. So we will find out early on Sunday if Bengals moved up on Browns or Ravens or Both. I want Ravens and Browns to lose even more than Steelers so that no team is higher than 2-2 just like The Bengals. So this is not about HATE to me. It is the basic math of the AFC NORTH STANDINGS. If Browns and Ravens lose, they are 2-2 just like the Bengals. If Steelers lose, I believe they fall to 1-3.

I would love to see Bengals back in a tie for First Place in a few hours. It's NOT about HATE for me. It's about AFC CHAMP BENGALS getting back in First Place in our Division. That could happen in a few hours. The NFL is not like baseball of 162 games or basketball of 80 some games. There are 17 games and Bengals lost their first 2, so bouncing back in a tie for First Place would be a good Bengals week 4.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Them: so other than the Bengals, who’s your favorite team?

Me: whoever is playing Shitsburgh that day.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:29 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not upset, but just pointing out that nobody has to tell me to HATE the steelers or to root for the Browns and Rats to lose.

That's just a given on Sunday's for me, Who-Dey !

I for one am glad I was reminded who to root for. All these teams? Very confusing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
we need a falcons miracle
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I for one am glad I was reminded who to root for. All these teams? Very confusing.

There are so many southern/LSU fans rooting for the Bengals and Saints now I realize there are 2 types of fans, those who are fans of just 1 team and those who are not. I've met people who are fans of multiple teams in the same division, blasphemy!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There are so many southern/LSU fans rooting for the Bengals and Saints now I realize there are 2 types of fans, those who are fans of just 1 team and those who are not. I've met people who are fans of multiple teams in the same divisionblasphemy!

Wtf?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I really wish Cincinnati was showing the Baltimore-Buffalo game instead of Cleveland. I usually don't mind but with the Ravens being our next opponent, I'd rather get a look at them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wtf?

Yes, I know a Bengals fan that also roots for the Browns. Like, go watch baseball or something, lol. You and I are not the same. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:57 PM)pally Wrote: I really wish Cincinnati was showing the Baltimore-Buffalo game instead of Cleveland.  I usually don't mind but with the Ravens being our next opponent, I'd rather get a look at them

Time to pony up for NFL gamepass (via Europe!) then split screen all the games. I feel like I need multiple TVs and a 6 pack today, the best I can get is picture by picture for the 1PM games. Not sure how to watch all 3 AFC-N games.
Reply/Quote
Well the Falcons are beating the Stains so far whilst the Bills are beating themselves against the Rats. Not sure what the Stealers think is going on.
Reply/Quote