Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers***
(10-01-2019, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Chin up. Only SEVEN long months until some of you get your hopes up in the 2020 NFL draft and only TEN even longer months until next training camp when everyone will be sure "this is the year" and exactly ONE ENTIRE YEAR before we do this all again. 

Let that sink in for a moment. Season over on Sept. 30th

This could be a competitive team next year with Williams back healthy. And then with a newly found competent front office that will go out to replace the right side of the line while bringing in a new line coach. Then goes out and drafts a solid linebacker while picking up a solid one in free agency. And find a corner to replace Dre.

But the front office won't change their ways, and this organization is going to suck for the unforeseeable future. They won't do what is needed to fix this broken ass team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:28 AM)kevin Wrote: ESPN saying that after game.  With Williams out, with Glenn out, with the top guard retiring,  the Bengals O Line is a disaster area.   ESPN says stick with new coach Taylor but in 2020 get him some players.  They say don't expect much in 2019 with worst O Line in NFL.  We had worst O Line in NFL in 2018 and 2017 also.

Well at least we are "trending".

"It's Happening" from the bad interpreter commercial's voice.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:30 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: STOP BUYING TICKETS!

ONLY buy tickets for yourself or a friend to get close enough to the field to clamor for a OLine tryout!
Reply/Quote
We are Pitts ***** once again. Even when they field and offense of backups we still manage to embarrass ourselves. Same ole shit show. Nothing will be done, nobody will be held accountable, we will trot out the same shitty Oline next week. Same as it ever was. I would say make a trade, AJ for a legit Oline men but there is no point. This team needs so much help it’s pathetic. You couldn’t try to manage a team worse than this if you tried.
Reply/Quote
Remember when Burbank would do the All My Bengals? Bring it back to celebrate the 90’s!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:31 AM)Spider Wrote: Is there post game bengals radio i can listen too... anyone know?

https://700wlw.iheart.com/

try that
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:29 AM)samhain Wrote: No quarterback of value should be slated to play behind this line. It's a matter of time before Dalton is hurt. Finley probably won't last long, either. These aren't NFL caliber linemen. It's not only incompetent relating to personnel acquisition, it's flat out dangerous for player.

Putting non-NFL players on the field with real NFL players is a recipe to get somebody seriously injured.

This is the greatest and most accurate post I’ve ever seen on any Bengals message board. Your last sentence especially drips with pure awesomeness. I wish I could upvote it more than once.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:30 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: STOP BUYING TICKETS!

I DID DAMN IT !!
Reply/Quote
Positives - Billings played well and has all season

Negatives - pretty much everything else. On Billy Prices 1st play in he got manhandled and give up a sack which is concerning, he’s well on track to be another first round bust

People who blame Dalton for this loss are crazy the offensive line is a train wreck and any qb would get killed behind them. How about giving your tackles some help. Can’t expect Smith and Hart to win one on ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:32 AM)Millhouse Wrote: https://700wlw.iheart.com/

try that

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:25 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Like we'll ever know. Pfffft.  Tongue

We do know. Carson couldn't win here with no blocking most years.  Mike Brown and his no blocking.   People use to blame Carson, now they blame Dalton, and the idiots don't see how awful this Bengals O Line is, and Bengals have had worst O Line in NFL many times under Mike Brown. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: We are Pitts ***** once again. Even when they field and offense of backups we still manage to embarrass ourselves. Same ole shit show. Nothing will be done, nobody will be held accountable, we will trot out the same shitty Oline next week. Same as it ever was. I would say make a trade, AJ for a legit Oline men but there is no point. This team needs so much help it’s pathetic. You couldn’t try to manage a team worse than this if you tried.

What's this WE nonsense?

It's the same buffoons running this shitshow.

"Get my name out your mouth!"
Reply/Quote
When Bengals play Dolphins, that could be a Miami win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:35 AM)kevin Wrote: We do know. Carson couldn't win here with no blocking most years.  Mike Brown and his no blocking.   People use to blame Carson, now they blame Dalton, and the idiots don't see how awful this Bengals O Line is, and Bengals have had worst O Line in NFL many times under Mike Brown. 

Yep. Same stuff. Different year.

This team has done zilch whether by failure or laziness to improve screaming weaknesses.

No surprise in the product with bad ingredients.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:35 AM)kevin Wrote: We do know. Carson couldn't win here with no blocking most years.  Mike Brown and his no blocking.   People use to blame Carson, now they blame Dalton, and the idiots don't see how awful this Bengals O Line is, and Bengals have had worst O Line in NFL many times under Mike Brown. 

Oh I don't disagree.

Dalton is not great at all and the line is the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else feel like this?

[Image: Titanic-sinking.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I am so sick and tired of trying to find optimism in this franchise.

What did we do to deserve Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the greatest and most accurate post I’ve ever seen on any Bengals message board.  Your last sentence especially drips with pure awesomeness. I wish I could upvote it more than once.

I'n not pro or con Andy Dalton.  He's far from our biggest problem.

That said, if I were him, I'd be irate.  He's in a contract year playing behind a bunch of guys with no business being out there.  Would Andre be on a team if we didn't sign him?  Would Hart start for anyone else?  Possibly, I guess.  No way Jordan starts if Boling is healthy.  He wasn't brought in to be a guy that started in year 1.  John Jerry already played himself out of the league once.  

These guys are going to get somebody killed.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:43 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Anyone else feel like this?

[Image: Titanic-sinking.jpg]

Yeah but at least they enjoyed it a little bit.

I assume those with the feelings "we're only 2 games back" filled with hope are the people in the back of the ship hoping the band will play their favorite song.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:45 AM)samhain Wrote: I'n not pro or con Andy Dalton.  He's far from our biggest problem.

That said, if I were him, I'd be irate.  He's in a contract year playing behind a bunch of guys with no business being out there.  Would Andre be on a team if we didn't sign him?  Would Hart start for anyone else?  Possibly, I guess.  No way Jordan starts if Boling is healthy.  He wasn't brought in to be a guy that started in year 1.  John Jerry already played himself out of the league once.  

These guys are going to get somebody killed.

Imagine being the sorry sack of shit who has to sit there and watch the game tape of the O-Line performance.

Say even Turner.

It would be like someone throwing you in the cockpit of a jet liner and trying to figure out what to do...  except your odds are better than coaching those guys up.
Reply/Quote