Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Titans***
(10-01-2023, 03:36 PM)Housh Wrote: The anger i have is not because we suck

It’s because we suck with this roster

Preach

Our coaching and play calling is pony league level.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:41 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Can't stop the run anymore. Which was their calling card

Because teams know our safety play is mega trash and Burrow is a statue so why would you not plug all the run gaps and force Joe to pass?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
How many TDs did we score this season? 2?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:38 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: It appears Chase was right when he said Burrow should come back in game 5.

Sad that our star WR is smarter than ZT. Not shocking
Reply/Quote
It’s time to save Joe Burrow’s calf and save his career. SIT HIM NOW!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:39 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We aren't winning any games if the defence plays anything like they are today.

But I do agree, we have to give some serious thought as to whether Burrow should play. Playing him Week 1 was idiotic, and has backed us into the current corner we're in, where we need him to play or accept we're throwing the season.

I'm leaning towards the sit Burrow and just hope the defence carries us to a few W's. But just remember what our defence currently looks like. They've been absolutely atrocious here.

Yeah the defense has looked really bad but damn they're prob exhausted already.  Someone earlier mentioned how much the defense has been on the field.....I agree.  Still, there is an opportunity for Lou to get his mess together, but there is ZERO chance for this offense to have enough sustainable success for them to do anything without a healthy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and the playcalling are so bad i can’t even judge the players
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Offense D
Defense F

How does offense not get a F?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:39 PM)treee Wrote: Offense: D
Defense: C

We're on the fast track for 5-12.

Where was this impossible-to-fail grading when I was in school? Would have been so much easier to coast.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Legitimately the only good thing from this game, is realising our punter might be able to punt!

In all seriousness, I've been a big critic of his, and he does deserve props for having a far better game today.

Pretty sad when the only bright spot is the punting.  IN a 3-3 game, that would be huge.  But when a D gives up 70 yard drives in 4 plays, its meaningless
Reply/Quote
Lou’s scheme is elite if we are protecting leads

If we are always chasing then this defense is probably the worst in the league
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Firs 4 games of the season….Bengals have ZERO TDs in the first ha,f
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:43 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Yeah the defense has looked really bad but damn they're prob exhausted already.  Someone earlier mentioned how much the defense has been on the field.....I agree.  Still, there is an opportunity for Lou to get his mess together, but there is ZERO chance for this offense to have enough sustainable success for them to do anything without a healthy Burrow.

The Ravens defence saw a lot of playtime at the tailend of last season, when their offence was scoring 17 or whatever it was a game. They still balled hard and limited opponents. Our defence is just a mess here.

But I know this is just an off-day for them. And I agree, they'll rebound next week probably. Joe Burrow isn't healthy enough, and we go nowhere until he is.
Reply/Quote
Offense: F
Defense: F
Special Teams: C-
Coaching: F
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:43 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Yeah the defense has looked really bad but damn they're prob exhausted already.  Someone earlier mentioned how much the defense has been on the field.....I agree.  Still, there is an opportunity for Lou to get his mess together, but there is ZERO chance for this offense to have enough sustainable success for them to do anything without a healthy Burrow.

And they were wrong. Top in the first half was Titans 15:19 and Bengals 14:41. A 48 second difference in TOP should not wear anyone out. And if being on the field 15 minutes in a half wears your defense out then they are in SERIOUSLY poor game condition. 
Reply/Quote
Also, Burrow is so competitive he wont ask Taylor to sit him. He would play with a cast if they let him. Burrow, HIMSELF, needs to tell ZT he needs to sit.
Reply/Quote
To think I came into this game with hope. Our defense played well last week and per Joeys own words "No steps back last week". So I thought we would look better but instead we look like one of the worst teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
Oh great forgot we kickoff to them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Pretty sad when the only bright spot is the punting.  IN a 3-3 game, that would be huge.  But when a D gives up 70 yard drives in 4 plays, its meaningless

Yep of course. When we're even talking about the punting, you know things are not going well! But, even if it's meaningless in this game, it isn't so meaningless moving forward if we know the punter we drafted is finding his way.
Reply/Quote
If Jake Browning is worse than the version of Joe that's being trotted out at present, then that's a failure of the FO to evaluate him. This is the exact scenario when you try to get a backup to win a couple of games while the starter gets needed rest. It's getting a lot harder to see how having 9 out there helps the team at all.
Reply/Quote