Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 6 Eifert Watch
Uzomah has also blown more plays than anyone on the roster. I liked what I saw from Kroft last year, but he's clearly not healthy or hasn't gotten the trust of the staff yet. He's barely been involved. His injury was a much bigger blow than any of us predicted.

Yet another 4-6 week injury that is now going on 11 weeks...and the guy still clearly isn't right.
Reply/Quote
Eifert not at practice today. Looks like he will miss 6 weeks, which means they should've at least PUP'ed him.
Reply/Quote
Change thread title to "2016 Eifert Watch" because I think its becoming more apparent that he might not play this season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:38 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Eifert not at practice today. Looks like he will miss 6 weeks, which means they should've at least PUP'ed him.

Should have pupd him from the get go, another fantastic flub by the management.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Eifert still isn't even back in the building. I think he's had a secret surgery. No reason to wait for him to get back. Soon as he does he'll be injured again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sorry. I know he's a major offensive weapon but im sick of this guy. There's no point if he can't get on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: For now I am just going to assume he's done for the year.  It's what's best for my mental health

Atleast you won't be disappointed, i am thinking about taking this approach.

Problem is our TE blocking was pretty bad against the Cowboys as was our WR blocking. Same for Hill picking up the blitz = sad shit.

We need some decent blocking. Maybe Kroft of Uzi will improve, this is what i hope for anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Should have pupd him from the get go, another fantastic flub by the management.

(10-13-2016, 12:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like Eifert still isn't even back in the building. I think he's had a secret surgery. No reason to wait for him to get back. Soon as he does he'll be injured again.

(10-13-2016, 12:48 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Sorry. I know he's a major offensive weapon but im sick of this guy. There's no point if he can't get on the field.

Sorry i clicked on this thread, depressing.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was on Sirius this morning unfortunately I just missed it but the hosts (Tucker and Marvez) talked about the Eifert situation for the next 5 minutes or so.

Whatever Marvin said led them to believe we will not see Eifert anytime soon and they talked to pros and cons of waiting for the surgury. They also said the ankle most likely caused the back issues.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Should've traded and drafted fuller from Notre dame kid has electric speed something this offense hasn't had in forever
Reply/Quote
Time to move on from Eifert, and see if we can draft/sign a TE to replace him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 01:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Time to move on from Eifert, and see if we can draft/sign a TE to replace him.

Sad but probably true.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 01:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Time to move on from Eifert, and see if we can draft/sign a TE to replace him.

Would likely be draft. Next year's FA class really isn't anything to write home about.

2017 FA TE...

Jordan Cameron
Martellus Bennett
Jermaine Gresham
Jared Cook
Anthony Fasano
Vernon Davis
Jack Doyle
Larry Donnell
Jacob Tamme
Brandon Myers

Really the only one that'd be any kind of real help would likely be Bennett, but I am not sure I see him leaving NE. He probably will enjoy winning and putting up big numbers with Tom Brady too much, after being stuck for so long with Chicago and Jay Cutler, to leave.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 02:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would likely be draft. Next year's FA class really isn't anything to write home about.

2017 FA TE...

Jordan Cameron
Martellus Bennett
Jermaine Gresham
Jared Cook
Anthony Fasano
Vernon Davis
Jack Doyle
Larry Donnell
Jacob Tamme
Brandon Myers

Really the only one that'd be any kind of real help would likely be Bennett, but I am not sure I see him leaving NE. He probably will enjoy winning and putting up big numbers with Tom Brady too much, after being stuck for so long with Chicago and Jay Cutler, to leave.

Plus we need a TE that can also block. With all the flack we give the OL the TE blocking has been poor, specifically Uzi.

Kroft still just doesn't seem right.

What are some TE names coming out in the next draft by the way TLL?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus we need a TE that can also block. With all the flack we give the OL the TE blocking has been poor, specifically Uzi.

Kroft still just doesn't seem right.

What are some TE names coming out in the next draft by the way TLL?

Jake Butt

Really, after that name, do you NEED any others?

Lol, more seriously... The top 3 seem to be OJ Howard from Alabama, Jake Butt from Michigan, and Evan Engram from Ole Miss. Generally start in the 30-40 range in prospect rankings, so maybe the Bengals' 2nd round pick depending on how they do the rest of the year, or their 1st if they manage to go 8-8 or 9-7.

6'6 237, 6'6 248, 6'3 235, respectively.  (Eifert was 6'6 251, Gresham was 6'5 261, Gronkowski was 6'6, 264 coming into the draft, for comparison.)

Howard and Engram seem more like receiving TEs, Butt seems like the more well rounded. So he'd probably be the one I would prefer if they go for one in the draft, though he'll probably be the slowest of the three.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin was on Sirius this morning unfortunately I just missed it but the hosts (Tucker and Marvez) talked about the Eifert situation for the next 5 minutes or so.

Whatever Marvin said led them to believe we will not see Eifert anytime soon and they talked to pros and cons of waiting for the surgury. They also said the ankle most likely caused the back issues.

He didn't say a whole lot, just that they are taking it "day by day" type stuff. Keeping this real close to the vest. Sounds like week 10 is when we will most likely see him I would guess. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 02:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jake Butt

Really, after that name, do you NEED any others?

Lol, more seriously... The top 3 seem to be OJ Howard from Alabama, Jake Butt from Michigan, and Evan Engram from Ole Miss. Generally start in the 30-40 range in prospect rankings, so maybe the Bengals' 2nd round pick depending on how they do the rest of the year, or their 1st if they manage to go 8-8 or 9-7.

6'6 237, 6'6 248, 6'3 235, respectively.  (Eifert was 6'6 251, Gresham was 6'5 261, Gronkowski was 6'6, 264 coming into the draft, for comparison.)

Howard and Engram seem more like receiving TEs, Butt seems like the more well rounded. So he'd probably be the one I would prefer if they go for one in the draft, though he'll probably be the slowest of the three.

Howard is not as much of a blocker, but runs some really good routes and has nice hands.  I feel like he has been severely under utilized in Lane Kiffin's offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like Eifert still isn't even back in the building. I think he's had a secret surgery. No reason to wait for him to get back. Soon as he does he'll be injured again.

[Image: what-needs-to-happen-in-unbreakable-2-306793.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can we rename this thread "Eifert Injured Reserve Watch"???
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin was on Sirius this morning unfortunately I just missed it but the hosts (Tucker and Marvez) talked about the Eifert situation for the next 5 minutes or so.

Is it strictly the back at this point or are there ankle complications?
Reply/Quote