Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 6 Eifert Watch
(10-13-2016, 03:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Is it strictly the back at this point or are there ankle complications?

Didn't really say, just mentioned when you try to go with a bad ankle you can throw a bunch of other stuff out of whack.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/n-a-7818/listen-lap-talks-about-the-return-15200190/

For those that can't listen...

Lap Quotes:
"God knows. I am just hoping we see him before the bye."
"It was a significant ankle injury, more than one thing was repaired."
"I think by changing his gait trying to come back, he affected his back."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 02:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jake Butt

Really, after that name, do you NEED any others?

Lol, more seriously... The top 3 seem to be OJ Howard from Alabama, Jake Butt from Michigan, and Evan Engram from Ole Miss. Generally start in the 30-40 range in prospect rankings, so maybe the Bengals' 2nd round pick depending on how they do the rest of the year, or their 1st if they manage to go 8-8 or 9-7.

6'6 237, 6'6 248, 6'3 235, respectively.  (Eifert was 6'6 251, Gresham was 6'5 261, Gronkowski was 6'6, 264 coming into the draft, for comparison.)

Howard and Engram seem more like receiving TEs, Butt seems like the more well rounded. So he'd probably be the one I would prefer if they go for one in the draft, though he'll probably be the slowest of the three.

Yeah, i know about Butt, really good player. Seen a lot of him cause i get to see a lot of Michigan games.

Seems like the perfect TE prospect for us. I am going to have to pay more attention now since it looks like you
guys are right about Eifert and he is a big question mark going forward. Same with Uzi cause of his hands and
blocking problems and Kroft cuz of HIS injuries.

Wasn't expecting this to be as big of a problem but i could have been wrong it seems.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/n-a-7818/listen-lap-talks-about-the-return-15200190/

Lap Quotes:

I thought it was a sprained ankle?  How do you go from sprain to "significant injury"?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I thought it was a sprained ankle?  How do you go from sprain to "significant injury"?

Same way it went from a bone bruise to needing surgery after like 5 months.

Had some tendon or ligament that came undone, and a other that needed tightening, I believe I read in the past.

Bengals have been misdiagnosing/underlying it since the Pro Bowl. Why stop now? Lol

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Same way it went from a bone bruise to needing surgery after like 5 months.

Had some tendon or ligament that came undone, and a other that needed tightening, I believe I read in the past.

Bengals have been misdiagnosing/underlying it since the Pro Bowl. Why stop now? Lol

The next thing is going to be amputation and that he is being fitted for a prosthetic Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 02:28 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He didn't say a whole lot, just that they are taking it "day by day" type stuff. Keeping this real close to the vest. Sounds like week 10 is when we will most likely see him I would guess. 

*Cackles manically*.
Reply/Quote
You have to wonder if the team will try to extend him this offseason or wait until after 2017 to do so.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You have to wonder if the team will try to extend him this offseason or wait until after 2017 to do so.

Zero reason to extend a guy who's missed 24 games in 3.3 seasons and counting. Plus they still have him for another year at like $4.7m-ish.

The bigger question is if they will ever want to extend him.

Reply/Quote
Draft the kid from Michigan and show Mr Glass the door
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really like Eifert, but if we can draft a TE named Butt then we need to do whatever it takes to get him. I bet the Browns will have to pay a FA like $40 million per year to hit their cap floor after Sashi trades the #1 overall pick in 2017 for 25 more rookies, anyways. Eifert can cash in there, and we can have Butt.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I really like Eifert, but if we can draft a TE named Butt then we need to do whatever it takes to get him.  I bet the Browns will have to pay a FA like $40 million per year to hit their cap floor after Sashi trades the #1 overall pick in 2017 for 25 more rookies, anyways.  Eifert can cash in there, and we can have Butt.

oHHHH baybehhhh. We always want the butt! 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I really like Eifert, but if we can draft a TE named Butt then we need to do whatever it takes to get him.  I bet the Browns will have to pay a FA like $40 million per year to hit their cap floor after Sashi trades the #1 overall pick in 2017 for 25 more rookies, anyways.  Eifert can cash in there, and we can have Butt.

If we can't get him, then I demand that whoever Mark Sanchez plays for drafts him.

Then anytime he fumbles, everyone in the stadium can scream "Butt fumble!!!"

Reply/Quote
With no eifert all year we won't be going to no superbowl,just for being injury prone you have to at least draft someone else thats real good, too bad we didn't jump on kelce I liked him coming out. This waiting to see thing is another marvin thing, he knows what's going on, he just wants the fans to have false hope. Mike brown puppet.
Reply/Quote
Serious question, but I think I already know the answer... Would it have been more expensive for them to PUP him and bring in another body in the process?
Reply/Quote
Eifert the ultimate tease. Pro Bowl caliber player who is frail.

Sad, could really use him to pan out right about now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:21 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: With no eifert all year we won't be going to no superbowl,just for being injury prone you have to at least draft someone else thats real good, too bad we didn't jump on kelce I liked him coming out. This waiting to see thing is another marvin thing, he knows what's going on, he just wants the fans to have false hope. Mike brown puppet.

I honestly think Mikey, Marvin, and the Bengals' medical staff are all completely shocked at the extent of Eifert's injury...which is worse than them lying about it if you really think about it. Everyone involved seems completely in the dark.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/n-a-7818/listen-lap-talks-about-the-return-15200190/

Lap Quotes:

Ah the medical staff; trainers; rehab gurus. They must be a real cluster****.
Reply/Quote
I posted it in July, a well-known fantasy injury expert (Jene Brammel, also an orthopedic Dr.) mentioned he got a report from someone covering the Bengals that they saw Eifert's scar. They noted it was in a very unusual place for this procedure (the inside of the ankle, not the outside). He took to task the "5-6 month" rehab and predicted that it would be AT LEAST that. This coincided with the reports that we would not see Eifert until at least week 5 or 6, which almost everyone on this board laughed at.

Now, it's coming out that once again, the Bengals bullshitted and downplayed the severity of the injury. It's also so, so concerning, for the millionth time, how they handled the whole thing. An injury in February takes until almost June to have surgery, and then costs a key player over half a season. The kick in the nuts? A team that the front office also let get depleted offensively, with a brutal first 6 game schedule, KNOWING this was a very key player for 2016...and you wonder why we're looking 2-4 in the face?

Piss. Poor. Management. Period.

...and I've always been a Marvin/Dalton/MB defender as I believe their improvement and commitment to winning is real. This is MAYBE the biggest step back in the last decade and very well might put us back on track for a long period of misery.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You have to wonder if the team will try to extend him this offseason or wait until after 2017 to do so.

I don't see how you extend him.  About three weeks ago I did the math and figured out that he has missed 40% of the games since entering the NFL, obviously that number is only going up with each week.  Think about that... I don't care how good you are at your job, if you're not there half the time they are going to find a replacement.  How do you invest $25-30 million in a guy that you can't count on to contribute?

As I type this, I realize there is probably a good chance that he gets extended.  Not sure why, but it seems like something the front office will do.  And it won't be for $25 million... hell, Shawn Williams got $20 million. 
Reply/Quote