Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 6 Eifert Watch
Soft, put on a back wrap and get your a$$ on the field.
Reply/Quote
He's on the rehab field today, so might as well rule him out for Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Ruled out for Sunday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/14/tyler-eifert-out-again-this-week/
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 03:11 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Ruled out for Sunday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/14/tyler-eifert-out-again-this-week/

He has now officially missed as many games as Bob Sanders did in his first four seasons and Eifert has 10 more chances to pass him this year.

7 more missed games this year until he reaches Ki-Jana Carter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The glass is half Eifert.
Reply/Quote
People need to stop blaming the Bengals for this. It's not their job to appease us with accurate updates on Eifert's progress. Should they have PUPed him? Yes, but other than that, they've done nothing wrong. They can't tell him when to have surgery. They don't own him. Surgery is a last resort for any injury. If any of us were in Eifert's shoes, we would have handled it the same. Trying to blame his fragile ass on the organization (the same one that saw Burfict return from micro fracture in record time) is ridiculous. I know the team is down right now, but come on.

He ain't playing next week either, so temper your expectations.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 03:11 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Ruled out for Sunday

No surprise there. The only surprise I've had with regards to Eifert this year was that the team didn't PuP him.

I ask, "What's worse than having someone pull the wool over your eyes?"

Answer: "Pulling the wool over your own eyes while pretending that your aren't." That's exactly what I think the Bengals did with Eifert from the time the injury occurred to this very day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I've been big on Eifert and I still think he's possibly the most talented TE in Bengals history. He flashed what he's capable of last year, and it's very possible he could've built upon that and been even better. That said, I'm starting to get convinced that he's soft physically.

A few injuries could always be a coincidence. Johnathan Joseph was labeled injury prone while Leon was considered an iron man. Since Joseph left, those 2 traded roles. Sometimes things just play out like that. That said, I'm just convinced at this point that Eifert is a bit soft. TE is a tough position too, so it's not a good combo.

Just hope he doesn't turn out like Jordan Cameron, who is considering retirement. Or the long list of TEs who fell off or had to retire early. You have to be tough mentally and physically for that position it seems. They have smaller bodies than tackles, yet they're expected to block the same players. Plus go out on routes where they're getting slammed by LBs and hard hitting safeties more often than WR's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Eifert stubbs toe, out for the next five years.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 09:05 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Eifert stubbs toe, out for the next five years.

3 years.. give him some credit.
Reply/Quote
Seriously last year when he took off right with dalton. I thought no way, this is scripted. Andy dalton out with a thumb and he didn't even look to be hurt walking off, eifert stayed in some plays till dalton got hurt I was like wow. Then not only was he out one week. He was out for the most important game for seeding vs Denver, and we barely lost.so now I'm like this is either scripted or he's soft. He looked fine on the sidelines. Last year during them two missed games. Now this year I see him doing a bunch of stuff, like going to trump ralleys and whatever else lol this is getting old. This is SUPPOSEDLY a back injury but he's being active.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:34 PM)jason Wrote: People need to stop blaming the Bengals for this. It's not their job to appease us with accurate updates on Eifert's progress. Should they have PUPed him? Yes, but other than that, they've done nothing wrong. They can't tell him when to have surgery. They don't own him. Surgery is a last resort for any injury. If any of us were in Eifert's shoes, we would have handled it the same. Trying to blame his fragile ass on the organization (the same one that saw Burfict return from micro fracture in record time) is ridiculous. I know the team is down right now, but come on.

He ain't playing next week either, so temper your expectations.

Meh, this organization also had a medical staff that gave something like 6-7 million to a guy with no knee left and was also avoided by our last long-term QB.  We were told changes were made and the dark days were gone and then Eifert is out for 10 months with a "no big deal" sprain and our backup TE apparently get a pass because his "no big deal" knee injury is lingering for over 2.5 months, as well.

This organization doesn't OWE us accurate medical details on Eifert any more than it OWES us the weekly "He'll be fine aaaany second now" updates they've been giving on a weekly basis since January.  People are annoyed for a reason, and that is because we've seen this all before and blah blah blah.

The fact that they didn't PUP Eifert just shows they don't seem to have any idea what is going on. That is the issue, not that Eifert is hurt but that our medical staff, owner/GM, and HC all seem as completely in the dark on Eifert's status as we dumbass fans are. That's not good.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I blame the Bengals. Not for Eifert's "made of glass" stature, but their history of being completely ignorant, clueless or whatever you want to call it about injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:34 PM)jason Wrote: People need to stop blaming the Bengals for this. 

At least we know the Bengals aren't feeding their injured players PEDs to help shorten heal times like some other teams have been known to do. I do not believe that Pittsburgh just stopped doing this in the 70s (the last time we know for certain they did it). It explains the longevity of some of their players and why some of them seem to come off injury like they're some kind of enhanced cyborg. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 03:28 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: At least we know the Bengals aren't feeding their injured players PEDs to help shorten heal times like some other teams have been known to do. I do not believe that Pittsburgh just stopped doing this in the 70s (the last time we know for certain they did it). It explains the longevity of some of their players and why some of them seem to come off injury like they're some kind of enhanced cyborg. 

If this is occurring outside of Cincy and Mikey isn't doing it you need to realize it is due to him being cheap, not due to some martyr's desire to protect the integrity of the game. Ninja
Reply/Quote
There has to be something wrong with this situation. If the Bengals had the slightest thought, worry, or concern he would not be back by now, they should've PUPed him and used the roster spot on someone who could contribute. Whether it's the medical staff, Lewis, Brown, or whomever, someone needs to figure out what the hell is going on. The team wasted a roster spot on a player who they still don't know when he'll be able to play. Those kind of mistakes simply cannot happen on a professional football team.
Reply/Quote
I had a chance to add him in Fantasy Football but added Chargers Henry instead who just gave me a lot of points Thursday....Somebody else added Eifert and that may pay off later, but I need wins now......I think Eifert comes in and starts scoring touchdowns for us and we go maybe 6-2 the last 8 games and get 10 wins and hopefully 10 is enough for play-offs. None of that does us any good against Patriots....If he is gimpy, maybe a good thing he isn't playing against Patriots.....I WANT A WIN....BUT.....even if we lose, we can beat Browns and Redskins to go 4-4 and have a big second half like 2012 when we started 3-5 but still won 10 games......At Pittsburg, At Dallas, At New England and Super Bowl Champs is a tough 4 out of the first 6 games....But I'm not giving up on Eifert or Bengals yet and I think we bounce back.....That said, I did not have the luxury of adding a player to my Fantasy Team that is still out with injuries. I need wins now. I almost did and I think it will pay off later for the person that had the extra space to add him and bench him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Eifert have cavity, he shall be back 2017, I hope.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 04:03 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: There has to be something wrong with this situation. If the Bengals had the slightest thought, worry, or concern he would not be back by now, they should've PUPed him and used the roster spot on someone who could contribute. Whether it's the medical staff, Lewis, Brown, or whomever, someone needs to figure out what the hell is going on. The team wasted a roster spot on a player who they still don't know when he'll be able to play. Those kind of mistakes simply cannot happen on a professional football team.

They can when you have the Bengals healthcare staff, and also, maybe - just maybe, Eifert is/was used to sell tickets. It's like we if knew AJ Green wasn't going to play all year...

Speaking of that, if we totally flop this year, I hope AJ can go somewhere where he experiences success, before it's too late.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote