Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***Week 6 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Colts***
Damn our fan base is so much dumber than I ever thought. Anyone questioning burrow should just stop posting and find a new team. GO AWAY
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrows isnt any good

Stop.

Did you see the tight window throws today or the 8 dropped balls? After the first two drives the run game shut down and it was all Joey B.

Bengals want to win games it starts by playing better on the defensive and offensive line. End Story.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

He orchestrated 24 points on 4 drives to start the game. We couldn’t maintain a lead and run the ball. That’s the truth behind how we lost here.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:24 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Sarcasm?

This is sarcastic, right? 

This
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, not giving up on Joe. That would be crazy. Loved the 4th down throw to Green.

But he has a lot of learning to do. Which is expected.
Reply/Quote
Hey, look at the bright side.  We didn't get blown out again like last week.  I think it's pretty obvious the season is pretty much over.  This team just doesn't have the talent to win very often.  Management cuts corners on coaching, GM, OL, etc.  What did you think was going to happen this year?

Having said that, we should try to keep it civil around here.  Everyone here is just tired of the losing.  

It just never seems to end though, does it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The only thing he’s learning in this team is bad habits and how to find ways to lose.

Sure bud. Tough game but let’s try even just a little to be objective and realistic.
Reply/Quote

You must be new to football.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:24 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow is not the QB every one thinks he is. I WAS FOOLED TOO

I think we’re all very fortunate to not be as miserable as you are. If this is how you are watching football I can’t imagine what your personal life is. What a drama queen.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow isn't any good

Joe Burrow is a rookie behind the worst offensive line in history with a coach who calls plays with a dart board. He’s going to make mistakes and we need to allow for that.

I was a fan of trading the pick but now that Joe is a Bengal I’m 100% behind him. When he has time to throw and room to throw he’s fantastic. Once the line gets better you’ll see Joe “improve” dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have no affect on the outcome of the game, we're as much of a fan as you, don't need to tell us how to react. You were wrong though, if that's what you're saying, lol. That's what I gather from your statement. You should probably not participate in game day threads moving forward since you can't handle it, it appears.

Most of us are sarcastically joking about this franchise, it's just a game, and it's laughable. I laugh at almost every comment in this thread, not sure what you're doing.

Who are you?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hit a 52 yarder FFS, how is he not clutch?

This narrative ahs been debunked and thensome, stop it.

He keeps giving up big plays, that's for sure.

He had a great game against Bmore, gave up a shit-ton this game.
Kicking when we are already winning vs. Making a kick to take a lead in the 4th quarter. Two very different pressures. More pressure on the 48 harder and he failed miserably. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:26 PM)OUatown Wrote: Damn our fan base is so much dumber than I ever thought. Anyone questioning burrow should just stop posting and find a new team. GO AWAY

Burrow isn't good. Dude sucks at deep balls. Herbert is miles better
Reply/Quote
That was a fun game to watch. You could tell the Colts were the better team though. They responded well to being down 21-0 and dominated the rest of the way pretty much.

A couple poor play calls late in the game. 1st and ten before 2 minute warning. Lets run the ball because we get a free timeout. Colts see it coming and now we fall behind in the down and distance. Still overcome it and get the first on 3rd and 10, but not good for momentum. 3rd and 1 running it with the fullback. Pre snap it just didn't look like it would work--it doesn't, we miss the field goal on 4th down.

Burrow had a good game but he can't throw that pick at the end. I thought overall we took our foot off the gas in the second and third quarters and stopped attacking the defense. Only managed 6 points after quarter one. As bad as the defense played letting them back in the game, the offense let them back in it. They got shut down after the 1st quarter. How they can go from making it look easy to excruciatingly hard is unfortunate. A team really looking for consistency.

Overall this looks like a promising young team--but an inexperienced team with a lot to learn.
Reply/Quote
With my last two trash post I wang to be clear. Burrow will be a great QB in this league. I don’t care how well Hebert is doing, you can’t compare there. Too many factors go into play. Burrow was still the correct pick imo. I would have been fine with a trade down if we still got Hebert, but we made the right move. Burrow is not the first good player to suck on this team. We are actually full of good players right now but for whatever reason they just suck ass on this team. Coaching has to play apart of this. I do t think there’s a single player buying into Zac’s bs anymore. If that’s the case, why hang onto the guy. I want a coach the player fear yet want to play for. Don’t see that here.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow isn't good. Dude sucks at deep balls. Herbert is miles better

Behind Cincinnati’s offensive line Justin Herbert wouldn’t succeed either. No one can.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:18 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Your supposed to win games when you win the turnover battle. 

Ideally. If you want to blame the kid who threw for 313 yds and largely played an overall good game have at it. Personally I’m putting this one on the lack of pash rush and our kicker missing a game changing FG.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow isn't good. Dude sucks at deep balls. Herbert is miles better

The defense blew a 21 point lead. But sure let’s blame the Rookie QB with the worst o-line, inexperienced HC/OC, short camp, zero preseason.

If you think the outcome would be differently with Herbert as QB you should stop watching football entirely because you are clueless.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:24 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What?  You do realize the franchise is in a rebuilding phase at the moment.  Seriously, you talk as though we are a QB away from competing for a Super Bowl.  We’re not even close.  Not by a long shot.  

Saying we don’t have time to wait for him to learn is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen posted on these boards.  He’s a rookie.  Not only that, he’s most likely the most talented rookie QB to ever get drafted to a team with the worst garbage coaching staff ever assembled.  Plus a shortened camp with zero preseason.

This "franchise" is ALWAYS in rebuilding. They never bring it home though. When it's been 32 years since their last real success and the fanbase is getting smaller and older by the day there is no longer time for more rebuilding - they need success - now!
Reply/Quote
Not gonna cry over this loss not to surprised. Far as positives Tee Higgins looks like he’s gonna be a good one. A.J. played hard and like a professional. Most interesting thing to me was Dunlap and Atkins barley playing which I’m assuming is for good reason. Dunlap didn’t even start assuming when your benched for Amani Bledsoe and there playing a DT who just joined the team that Atkins and Dunlap most not be giving effort and have gone rouge. Seems like we need to cut ties with Geno and Dunlap next year.
Reply/Quote