Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 6 GameDay Thread - Seahawks @ Bengals***
(10-15-2023, 05:31 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Yeah, Scott is slow and often out of place. That’s a terrible combo for a safety. Im sure there will be growing pains with Battle but it’s time. Our FA pick ups outside of Brown aren’t giving us much

Yup.  You can forgive a rookie for being slow and out of place, as he is new to not only the system but the pro game as a whole.  You can forgive a vet for being out of place on occasion during his first year in a system, but when he is also playing slow it is inexcusable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How have the dog interfering bastards won that?

Just hope Deebo and CMC are out when we play em.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:29 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Mooney Moody coming up.

Maybe not so much.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:29 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Mooney Moody coming up.

(10-15-2023, 05:36 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Maybe not so much.

He kicked that ball like Mr. Mooney.

[Image: tumblr_n2pn67pXPH1t1g01wo6_1280.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
4:00 game after a win. Feels good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:31 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Yeah, Scott is slow and often out of place. That’s a terrible combo for a safety. Im sure there will be growing pains with Battle but it’s time. Our FA pick ups outside of Brown aren’t giving us much

Yes I'm sure hoping the get Scott outta there. He's had some bad penalties at the worst times as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 03:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Slow your roll. (Get it?)

I can’t at this point lol
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  You can forgive a rookie for being slow and out of place, as he is new to not only the system but the pro game as a whole.  You can forgive a vet for being out of place on occasion during his first year in a system, but when he is also playing slow it is inexcusable.

Most old players lose a step, they have to account for it. Yeah he’s new to us though
Reply/Quote
Burrow below par for last 5 to 6 possessions, have no idea what he was thinking last offense series.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow below par for last 5 to 6 possessions, have no idea what he was thinking last offense series.

He took a shot the the side of the head late in the first half. Wasn’t right since. Both D’s step it up in the second. Our just made more crucial stops especially in the red zone. Very proud of the D this game.

As for the offense…. After I told my son Burrow was back, he didn’t do shit the rest of the game. I expect this offense to come out after the bye healthy with no more excuses. If Cleveland can beat SF with a backup, we should be able to do something. Still can’t believe SF let them back in that game for the W.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He took a shot the the side of the head late in the first half. Wasn’t right since. Both D’s step it up in the second. Our just made more crucial stops especially in the red zone. Very proud of the D this game.

As for the offense…. After I told my son Burrow was back, he didn’t do shit the rest of the game. I expect this offense to come out after the bye healthy with no more excuses. If Cleveland can beat SF with a backup, we should be able to do something. Still can’t believe SF let them back in that game for the W.

Come on.. he never went in any protocol and looked totally fine 2nd half, we need to stop the cuddling of players especially Joe, he play a solid game last week  but last played 2 excellent  series out of 8 I believe this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Most old players lose a step, they have to account for it. Yeah he’s new to us though

I didn't mean slow in that regard.  As you stated, vets need to account for the lack of top end due to aging.  I meant slow in regard to reaction speed.  Even though a vet in his first season of a new system screw up their assignment due to lack of reps in the system, they shouldn't be slow in their recognition of what the opposition is throwing at them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Come on.. he never went in any protocol and looked totally fine 2nd half, we need to stop the cuddling of players especially Joe, he play a solid game last week  but last played 2 excellent  series out of 8 I believe this week.

Shot didn’t look like a head hit either to me

But i admittedly have no watched the replay

Honestly he was making correct reads for the most part so idc as much about the accuracy issues. Both balls were honestly still catchable. Irv and Tee both probably should’ve caught those
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Ohh no, Jalen Hurts, who the NFL wants to be their #2 goldenboy behind Mahomes, just lost that game for Eagles. Good Job Jets.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Jets just beat Eagles. No undefeated teams left.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 08:37 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Jets just beat Eagles. No undefeated teams left.

I thought Siriani would get the award for dumbest coaching move of the week, by throwing the ball as the third down play coming out of the 2:00 warning with a two point lead and the opponent out of time outs (as we all know, the ball was intercepted and returned to the 8).  But then something interesting happened, Saleh saw that move of incompetence and said "hold my beer" by not instructing his players to take time off the clock over trying to score.  Naturally the Eaglets allowed the TD so they could get the ball back after only one play and preserving their 2 remaining time outs.  Had they gone on to score and win, that game would have gone down in infamy of the two dumbest coaches ever.

Fun trivia question, who is the only Jets QB to defeat the Eagles?  Zach Freakin' Wilson Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He took a shot the the side of the head late in the first half. Wasn’t right since. Both D’s step it up in the second. Our just made more crucial stops especially in the red zone. Very proud of the D this game.

The late hit looked more to the back to me than the head.
Reply/Quote
We may be able to trade one of our backup tackles to the Giants. Their LT was injured and the backup has given up two sacks, a pressure and a false start on maybe 6 passing plays.

And just got his second false start.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 08:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ohh no, Jalen Hurts, who the NFL wants to be their #2 goldenboy behind Mahomes, just lost that game for Eagles. Good Job Jets.

Is it my imagination or does he leave the pocket really early?

Reply/Quote
If there is ever a stage production of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Brian Daboll is a shoe in for the head elf guy. Read this line, “So you want to be a dentist”.

Reply/Quote