Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers***
The defense is looking pretty decent except for a handful of explosive plays. The offense looks good except for the usual issue we seem to fall into after the first couple of drives - finishing. The causes don't matter - they've left at least 6 points on the field and more likely 10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:55 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Quite clearly the best we've been on offence all season. We look like we're back, Burrow does not look like pre-bye Burrow. He looks back to his elite level again.

Without a sack and a ridiculous playcall... we'd likely be 24-10 up on one of the best teams in the league, in their own backyard. We're two bad plays away from a dream first half. Unfortunately, big plays make a huge different. 

Yeah. The offense has a lot of good going for them right now. They need to keep it going in the 2nd half. A score here will really erase some of the bad. Hopefully we can get a turnover at some point here of our own.
Reply/Quote
Why did they have Sam Darnold on the graphic?
Reply/Quote
Deep shot coming soon
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: The defense is looking pretty decent except for a handful of explosive plays. The offense looks good except for the usual issue we seem to fall into after the first couple of drives - finishing. The causes don't matter - they've left at least 6 points on the field and more likely 10.

The causes matter to those that actually know ball. 

Being unable to move the ball vs missing a FG and fumbling at the 5 yard line are completely opposite context.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was 30 seconds remaining in the half.  No reason for SF to use their TO and save clock for us.  My $.02

There wasn't, but they had just used their 2nd TO the play before(?). I don't know why they called a TO there either, but maybe they were trying to save time for a desperation drive of their own to end the half. Or maybe they called the 2nd one to try and get set. If the former, it's possible we cause them to burn their last TO. Who knows, but in any case a swing pass to our worst offensive player wasnt it.
Reply/Quote
as a defender, you can grab tee. Cant grab chase though

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Don't abandon the run.

Reply/Quote
Didn't see it, but I'll take it
Reply/Quote
They had to call that Bro
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why did they have Sam Darnold on the graphic?

Maybe they see the future.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s just frustrating that we’ve look by far the best we have all year and we are up by only 4.

It's why every single play matters. Frustrating absolutely, but this is currently making me a lot more confident about our chances this season. Pre-Bye I honestly didn't have a lot of faith,
Reply/Quote
Cleveland tied 17-17 with Seahawks
Reply/Quote
So I guess the under center thing is over. Nice run Joe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Joe playing really hard out there
Reply/Quote
Those are the runs that win games for us. We had none of those plays in the losses.
Reply/Quote
Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Joe debated ripping off the helmet LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Joe feeling good
Reply/Quote
Burrow was probably PISSED when Irv fumbled lol OMG