Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Buccaneers @ Bengals***
(10-28-2018, 05:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Fitzpatrick started I think this wouldn't have been a game lol.

You can always dream, but you have to deal with a Bengal win for at least the next two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Fitzpatrick started I think this wouldn't have been a game lol.

Absolutely true. He’s light years better than Jameis Winston.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can always dream, but you have to deal with a Bengal win for at least the next two weeks.

? I'm stating my opinion. I don't want the Bengals to lose. If Fitzpatrick started, doubt we would have had 4 picks. In one post you show how horrible our defense is and in the next you're defending Jameis Winston. Lol!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can always dream, but you have to deal with a Bengal win for at least the next two weeks.

That's painful for some.

Reply/Quote
We can trade Ross for Fitzpatrick Tongue
Reply/Quote
Playing loose pass defense against the Saints in two weeks will result in a blowout win for New Orleans. You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good passer? He is — but he’s no Drew Brees.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:42 PM)BuccaneersFanInKC Wrote: Good game guys. Two injured teams and the better team won.

Thanks. Tough call for the Bucs at QB because Fitz will revert as you saw earlier this year. Winston threw for 276 before he left, but you can’t play in the NFL with those INTs which are baffling throws. Not one of those was the Bengals making a great play on the ball, but I’m sure there will be an opinion or two on your boards. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
the last time we played the Bucs backup QB.. we lost.. really bad call on Jutin Smith for roughing the passer on Bruce Gradkowski...
yes.. I till remember..
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are so many holes to fix on this team from the coaches to player personnel.  Hopefully the Bengals get healthy and make some changes.  

This is one of the worst defenses for the Bengals I have witnessed in several years.  

So many holes.

It's almost like being the proverbial blind dog in a meat shop. Look at today's time of possession. Offense had the ball for 24 minutes. 20 fewer plays than TB. Tip of the iceberg ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
This team is special... 5-3. Hope we go on a 4 game winning spree after the bye.
Reply/Quote
The D gets four picks, multiple sacks, and a TD, yet they also look very disconcerting at times. They better take The Land seriously this season, or it could end poorly for us....
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks. Tough call for the Bucs at QB because Fitz will revert as you saw earlier this year. Winston threw for 276 before he left, but you can’t play in the NFL with those INTs which are baffling throws. Not one of those was the Bengals making a great play on the ball, but I’m sure there will be an opinion or two on your boards. LOL

Most people on both Buccaneers MB's I visit want Winston gone. The only folks that want Winston around are the Florida State homers that decided to be Bucs fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:01 PM)BuccaneersFanInKC Wrote: Most people on both Buccaneers MB's I visit want Winston gone. The only folks that want Winston around are the Florida State homers that decided to be Bucs fans.

Fitz is clearly better. Winston has had enough chances. Roles should definitely be reversed. Winston should be backup.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:42 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Yes the offense was bad the second half ,but no team should have to score 30+ a game to win. This defense has more holes then swiss cheese.

If you are on the field that long you are going to give up points.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you are on the field that long you are going to give up points.

Maybe a lot of that is their own doing? Tends to happen when you keep allowing 1st downs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A win is a win. Hopefully this win is a wake up call for the team although if the abortion that was the Chiefs game wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is?

Bye came at a good time. Should get some players back (Price, Burfict, Kroft, Dennard) after the bye that should help. I guess we are just going to have to deal with a defense that is going to be statistically bad but will make a play here and there that may or may not help them win a close game against even "lesser" competition.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe a lot of that is their own doing? Tends to happen when you keep allowing 1st downs.

Agreed. We did better at tackling today but need some work. Also, although the defense looked more aggressive, it was still pretty easy to move the ball. Offense has to stop the 3 & outs.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. We did better at tackling today but need some work. Also, although the defense looked more aggressive, it was still pretty easy to move the ball. Offense has to stop the 3 & outs.

Agreed on all counts. T.O.P. is a weird stat. The offense and defense both play into it.

Bad defenses can't get off the field, bad offenses can't stay on.

Offense does need to be more consistent and stop the 3 & outs, but I'm less concerned with them than our once elite defense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed on all counts. T.O.P. is a weird stat. The offense and defense both play into it.

Bad defenses can't get off the field, bad offenses can't stay on.

Offense does need to be more consistent and stop the 3 & outs, but I'm less concerned with them than our once elite defense.

As history in Marvins tenure has taught us, we come out flat after the bye. Please let it be different this time. They have 2 weeks to work on things and also get some guys off the injury list. We need Gio as he has been sorely missed. Not sold on Vontaze this year, he's been a little sloppy and the only 2 games he played, we lost. Getting Price back will be a plus.

Here's my thing (and I'm not saying it because I had him chosen in Fanduel), why didnt we provoke their weakness on defending the TE? Yes, we had a couple passes to TE's but we didn't exploit the weakness. We should have capitalized on that more. Although, I give huge props to Mixon and Boyd today. When we go to Boyd, we win. When we lay off Boyd like we have the last 2 weeks? We lose. He is our guy and he plays extremely well under pressure. He is truly an asset our coaching staff doesn't seem to grasp. 

Hoping we will come out strong in the second half of the season.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As history in Marvins tenure has taught us, we come out flat after the bye. Please let it be different this time. They have 2 weeks to work on things and also get some guys off the injury list. We need Gio as he has been sorely missed. Not sold on Vontaze this year, he's been a little sloppy and the only 2 games he played, we lost. Getting Price back will be a plus.

Here's my thing (and I'm not saying it because I had him chosen in Fanduel), why didnt we provoke their weakness on defending the TE? Yes, we had a couple passes to TE's but we didn't exploit the weakness. We should have capitalized on that more. Although, I give huge props to Mixon and Boyd today. When we go to Boyd, we win. When we lay off Boyd like we have the last 2 weeks? We lose. He is our guy and he plays extremely well under pressure. He is truly an asset our coaching staff doesn't seem to grasp. 

Hoping we will come out strong in the second half of the season.

How were the Bengals coming after a bye during the 90's and before Marvin got here???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote