Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Welcome Amarius Mims
(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You would have thought the same for Mekhi Becton.

Becton actually played well under Pollack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:38 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I love the pick. Love the upside. I wanted Newton or Mims, so I'm happy.

If we can get both I’ll be ecstatic.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mitchell played in the MAC.  What makes you think he'll be ready to contribute with such a massive jump in competition?

Mims is such a a freak athletically that if he can stay healthy, he can survive just off his freakish gifts with less than stellar technique, just like his teammate Broderick Jones did last year.

lol, sauce Gardner played in The American and has only been an all-pro at the nfl level. It can happen.
Reply/Quote
Love the Pick!  This is the year to grab an OT, he is an elite prospect in a position of need.   We need depth because every year we end up losing offensive lineman to injury and we had no talent in reserves.  Offensive line is the most important position because we need to keep Burrow healthy.  I would rather suck on defense than have offensive line problems.
Reply/Quote
When you face Watt and Garrett 4 times a year total, you can't ignore OT.
Reply/Quote
I was a bigger fan of Troy Fautanu who was still on the board (Damn you Steelers) and Mims worries me.

I do hope he follows the Whit blueprint and starts at LG until our current LT/RT goes elsewhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Trent Brown isn't going to start the entire year... knowing that and hopefully Mims gets some development time I like the pick.

Yes I'm annoyed the Bengals for what seems the 3rd or 4th year a row not drafting a day 1 starter... but this guy has top 5 talent if there was more tape.

The only real spots where a guy would have started are WR3 (slot), LG, and punter. Maybe CB or LB or RB. 

Positional value-wise, LG, P, LB, or RB make no sense. Slot neither. 

It had to be OT or CB. 
Reply/Quote
Not a fan. If we are all in on a SB we need immediate impact on our 1st round pick. We have a backup with a history of injuries. I mean he was a back up in 2022 and then had tightrope surgery on his ankle this season and then injured his hammy running the 40 in the combine.  So we have a shaky plan for the future. Would have liked Thomas, Newton, Arnold, Mitchell, or given Hendrickson, even Chop Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was a bigger fan of Troy Fautanu who was still on the board (Damn you Steelers) and Mims worries me.

I do hope he follows the Whit blueprint and starts at LG until our current LT/RT goes elsewhere.

I think that is fair. But Mims is a RT. Fautanu is a LT. I prefer guys in their natural spots. And of we see Fautanu as a G, then #18 does not make much sense.
Reply/Quote
Dude is a monster..............

[Image: ME-COMP-AMARIUS-MIMS.jpg?w=1280&quality=44]

Just pray that Pollack doesn't screw him up!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
I've been a fan of Georgia players. He will get healthy. We are going to have a huge Oline for sure.

Reply/Quote
Not sure how anyone has confidence in a project OL to pair with a bottom 5 OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Could have taken a guy to push volson immediately with the capability to swing outside.

Fautanu is a guard in the NFL. Arms and wingspan too short for tackle.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:59 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Not sure how anyone has confidence in a project OL to pair with a bottom 5 OL coach.

He is not a project. 
Reply/Quote
Who Dey commitment to drafting future anchor at RT instead of FA merry go round....
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:57 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I've been a fan of Georgia players. He will get healthy. We are going to have a huge Oline for sure.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we can get both I’ll be ecstatic.

100%.   I am not usually a trade-up guy, but I'd love to do so for him. 
Reply/Quote
This has a lot of similarities to the noners pick of Trey Lance….nowhere near as bad due to capital given up but uncanny parallels.

Team ready to compete now drafting project players not ready to step in and make the team better.
Those players have surface level stats that rope in the surface level fan….no sacks for mins and no interceptions for Lance.both on one, shortened season.
By the time Mims is ready to start, hopefully next year, he will have played 7.5 games in 5 years. One year starter and was injured in that short span. No way he endures a 17 game season. Just no way.
His frame is truly impressive, not many guys carry that weight how he does. That’s because the human body isn’t meant to. Hence the injuries.
There were players on both boards where the noners or bengals could have upgraded a position of need.
Bottom line is: super bowls are won on the margins, you hit those margins by going all in….plugging holes on Super Bowl rosters because those rosters don’t last long. This one is already starting to unravel a bit and this pick doesn’t help hold it together at all
Reply/Quote