Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Welcome Amarius Mims
(04-26-2024, 12:12 AM)matmaven
[quote='CottonHill Wrote:
This has a lot of similarities to the noners pick of Trey Lance….nowhere near as bad due to capital given up but uncanny parallels.

Team ready to compete now drafting project players not ready to step in and make the team better.
Those players have surface level stats that rope in the surface level fan….no sacks for mins and no interceptions for Lance.both on one, shortened season.
By the time Mims is ready to start, hopefully next year, he will have played 7.5 games in 5 years. One year starter and was injured in that short span. No way he endures a 17 game season. Just no way.
His frame is truly impressive, not many guys carry that weight how he does. That’s because the human body isn’t meant to. Hence the injuries.
There were players on both boards where the noners or bengals could have upgraded a position of need.
Bottom line is: super bowls are won on the margins, you hit those margins by going all in….plugging holes on Super Bowl rosters because those rosters don’t last long. This one is already starting to unravel a bit and this pick doesn’t help hold it together at all

A whole bunch of bullshit, built on feelings and negativity, no facts... Save for having a huge frame.

And 21 games played, 8 starts, nice try.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:12 AM)CottonHill Wrote: This has a lot of similarities to the noners pick of Trey Lance….nowhere near as bad due to capital given up but uncanny parallels.

Team ready to compete now drafting project players not ready to step in and make the team better.
Those players have surface level stats that rope in the surface level fan….no sacks for mins and no interceptions for Lance.both on one, shortened season.
By the time Mims is ready to start, hopefully next year, he will have played 7.5 games in 5 years. One year starter and was injured in that short span. No way he endures a 17 game season. Just no way.
His frame is truly impressive, not many guys carry that weight how he does. That’s because the human body isn’t meant to. Hence the injuries.
There were players on both boards where the noners or bengals could have upgraded a position of need.
Bottom line is: super bowls are won on the margins, you hit those margins by going all in….plugging holes on Super Bowl rosters because those rosters don’t last long. This one is already starting to unravel a bit and this pick doesn’t help hold it together at all

Not reading all that but comparing a RT out of the SEC (Georgia at that) to a QB from North Dakota State seems flimsy at best.

Reply/Quote
I like that they drafted for the trenches with intent to protect Burrow. Mims' injuries worry me but at the 18th spot I'm comfortable with the risk-reward.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:17 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A whole bunch of bullshit, built on feelings and negativity, no facts... Save for having a huge frame.

And 21 games played, 8 starts, nice try.

Did we improve our teams chances to win a Super Bowl this year?
You sound like the one in your feelings
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:27 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Did we improve our teams chances to win a Super Bowl this year?

Yes. We had guys like Isiah Prince, Hakeem Adeniji, Jackson Carman, and Max Scharping playing in our last two playoff runs.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:27 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Did we improve our teams chances to win a Super Bowl this year?

Yes given the injury history of our current RT. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Mims might put Volson on the bench.  Depends on if they want to sit Mims completely for a year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:44 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mims might put Volson on the bench.  Depends on if they want to sit Mims completely for a year.

The odds of Trent Brown making it through an entire season are pretty low.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
My favorite pick that we could of got honestly. I was down on him early because of the lack of snaps, but when I watched the
film I saw amazing balance and a player that was built like the perfect human being at 6'8" 340 pounds. Mims is smart which
is the number 1 thing you want in OL, he can play all over the OL and should start at LG over Volson and be an upgrade.

The perfect fit for RT when Trent Brown gets hurt or when he leaves. Fantastic pick. A+ for Amarius Mims OT Georgia Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:44 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mims might put Volson on the bench.  Depends on if they want to sit Mims completely for a year.

Mims is OT all the way. 

Volson competition will come later in the draft or in FA. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:57 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My favorite pick that we could of got honestly. I was down on him early because of the lack of snaps, but when I watched the
film I saw amazing balance and a player that was built like the perfect human being at 6'8" 340 pounds. Mims is smart which
is the number 1 thing you want in OL, he can play all over the OL and should start at LG over Volson and be an upgrade.

The perfect fit for RT when Trent Brown gets hurt or when he leaves. Fantastic pick. A+ for Amarius Mims OT Georgia  Rock On

Curious Nate,,I am high on Mins as well,,but did he ever play G at Georgia? 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:57 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My favorite pick that we could of got honestly. I was down on him early because of the lack of snaps, but when I watched the

The perfect fit for RT when Trent Brown gets hurt or when he leaves. Fantastic pick. A+ for Amarius Mims OT Georgia Rock On

Why didn’t he play more at UGA? Honest question as he didn’t just hit a growth spurt or anything.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:58 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Mims is OT all the way. 

Volson competition will come later in the draft or in FA. 

No, I would like a Guard/Center but Mims can play all over the line with his smarts and athleticism. Mims is not Carman at all.

(04-26-2024, 01:00 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Curious Nate,,I am high on Mins as well,,but did he ever play G at Georgia? 

No, but he can, he has the smarts and ability. The most athletic player we have drafted and Amarius is extremely smart and about
as great of a puller as you could get. He can get to a spot quicker than any OL in this class.

(04-26-2024, 01:01 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Why didn’t he play more at UGA? Honest question as he didn’t just hit a growth spurt or anything.

Mims was behind great players and was just great depth and had a bad injury. Once he started he was the most beautiful thing to 
watch at OL and handled the best EDGE players better than anyone in this class. Crazy talent. I just hope he can make Pollack look
arlight who I have no faith in so far. Mellow
Reply/Quote

1. Yes we did, obviously

2. No, I don't lol. I offered ***0*** opinion or feelings toward the guy In. My statement, just numbers that refuted yours.

I am 100% apathetic towards the pick: don't care for him, don't NOT care for him.

But does he help the team? Absolutely
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

This is wild. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

This is why I have been trying to tell people he is not a raw/developmental guy. 

When he played, he was awesome.
Reply/Quote
Love this pick. I rarely love picks, so that's saying something. He's a beast. Best part is he can learn behind two pros and we needn't rush him right away. That doesn't mean we'll be waiting forever, just for him to get his feet wet and/or for... well... for Trent Brown to get hurt. We're finally building a sustainable OL room. It's not just band-aids like Reiff, Collins and Brown. Now we have a guy who'll be here for a minute. I'm really excited about Mr. Mims. I think he'll be fantastic.
Reply/Quote