Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Erick All!
(04-27-2024, 04:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stover was drafted a few picks later....Better production than All

Lower ceiling as well
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stover was drafted a few picks later....Better production than All

Hard to produce prolific numbers in the offenses he was playing in.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m just amazed that I’ve done over 100 mocks at least! And never picked a single damn player that we picked. This may be my least favorite draft ever. Guess I will just have to trust the coaches in this class. But for now I’m definitely disappointed.

What that tells me, is you will never be a scout in the NFL.. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:08 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: How could it be a panic move when there were still lots of TE’s available?

I get most here just look at the board and want the next highest guy picked.

But that’s not how it’s done.

They don’t believe they reached.  If he stays healthy it’s a huge steal in the 4th.  They obviously feel they have a handle on his medicals.  Have you evaluated his medicals?

Huge steal, eh? Seems more like Drew Sample with injury issues, if you ask me..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I thought Stover was an interesting prospect, too. I am just floored by the selection of All. The Bengals seem to have this (incredibly idiotic) idea that they can develop players.... while not playing them.

I need them to show me the last player they picked and the guy was hurt, sat for the majority of a year or two, had issues, etc. that actually produced and turned into an even decent player for them.

The list of the Bengals Red Shirt failures is insanely long. Yet, they keep thinking they're going to turn water into wine. Do they even look back and study their decision making process over past drafts? Absolutely idiotic to not be self aware of this failing trend they keep repeating.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Huge steal, eh? Seems more like Drew Sample with injury issues, if you ask me..

This literally feels like the exact opposite of the Drew Sample pick. It’s a home run type swing (which seems to be the theme of their entire draft).

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This literally feels like the exact opposite of the Drew Sample pick. It’s a home run type swing (which seems to be the theme of their entire draft).

Ok, we'll see. Hope that his various recoveries continue to go well and we can unveil him in time for the playoffs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Depends on what it was.  If it was a micro-discectomy than to me it's a non issue.

100%. no way he had an ACDF. He wouldn’t be playing. It was probably a laminectomy. He’s fine to go play with that.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals are running Jake Browning type of plays that ( at least seemed to ) have the TE involved more, may work out well.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 05:58 PM)Destro Wrote: If Bengals are running Jake Browning type of plays that ( at least seemed to ) have the TE involved more, may work out well.

I'm not sure how much of that was just the level of comfort Browning had throwing to Drew Sample in college, and not making him have to learn as much. I was kind of surprised given how banged up Tee and Jamarr were last year that they didn't bring in John Ross to help tank for a better draft pick while giving Jake who he's used to.
Reply/Quote
I am now A OK with this pick. All needs time to recover and get right physically and the selection of McLachlan will allow him to do that.

All has great potential and if the two TEs were flipped as to where they were drafted I would love it... So, ai can't really ***** about the end result since both are on the team. I feel great about the TE position.
Reply/Quote
Big raps on his talent, one of top TE’s barring his injuries. Might be a steal.
Reply/Quote
Erick All is built like a beast, you can see it on the long TD run and he has speed.

We wouldn't of taken him if we thought he was injury prone.

Must say that I love the McLachlan pick more though as I have a lot more faith in him to have a long NFL career and McLachlan
can do it all just the same and doesn't have the injury history and has the largest route tree of the Tight Ends besides Brock Bowers.
Reply/Quote
They compared him to Kittle. But, he's had a couple major surgeries. I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They compared him to Kittle. But, he's had a couple major surgeries. I don't know.

The back injury was just a herniated disc and the torn ACL also shouldn't be an issue.

He has the most upside at tight end so I think it's worth the risk, especially since we can give him a year to rest and fully recover since we have Gizzle and now Tanner Mac to hold down the position.

I'm excited about the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Huge steal, eh? Seems more like Drew Sample with injury issues, if you ask me..

And we have Sample signed for four years. This pick is bizarre. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Erick All is built like a beast, you can see it on the long TD run and he has speed.

We wouldn't of taken him if we thought he was injury prone.

Must say that I love the McLachlan pick more though as I have a lot more faith in him to have a long NFL career and McLachlan
can do it all just the same and doesn't have the injury history and has the largest route tree of the Tight Ends besides Brock Bowers.

Sample ran a 4.7 40. Erick All ran a 4.8 40. 

Erick All can't do anything that Sample can't...which in itself is a big yikes. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This literally feels like the exact opposite of the Drew Sample pick. It’s a home run type swing (which seems to be the theme of their entire draft).

Agree. I don’t get the whining over this pick. Late in the draft, there’s going to be a margin of risk whether it be injury or just the risk of not hitting at the next level. I like the upside here.
Reply/Quote
I like All's potential, but he was underutilized in college and had some big injuries.
I would have gone Cade Stover over All, personally.
Hope he can keep his injuries in the past and live up to his potential.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 09:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sample ran a 4.7 40. Erick All ran a 4.8 40. 

Erick All can't do anything that Sample can't...which in itself is a big yikes. 

Erick All tore his ACL in October so he did not run at the Combine or his Pro Day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote