Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Erick All!
(04-27-2024, 03:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Erick All has been a Bengals target for a while they met with him at the combine, top 30 visit, and he was at their local pro day. Bengals probably put more time into All than any other team in the NFL.

Injuries aside Erick All fits and gives them a good move blocker which they don't have on the roster.

I get that, just seems like they could have found a guy with those same skills that hasn't already had to have back and knee surgery. As an aside, my son has met the guy in person, as he grew up in the Cincy area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that, just seems like they could have found a guy with those same skills that hasn't already had to have back and knee surgery. As an aside, my son has met the guy in person, as he grew up in the Cincy area.

How was his handshake?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: How was his handshake?

Can't really comment as I didn't ask my son that question.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that, just seems like they could have found a guy with those same skills that hasn't already had to have back and knee surgery. As an aside, my son has met the guy in person, as he grew up in the Cincy area.

Went to Fairfield, where I would present a few times a year before Covid. Wonder if he was in one of the classes I presented to.............
Reply/Quote
I’m just amazed that I’ve done over 100 mocks at least! And never picked a single damn player that we picked. This may be my least favorite draft ever. Guess I will just have to trust the coaches in this class. But for now I’m definitely disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can't really comment as I didn't ask my son that question.

No worries, kind of an off hand joke from King of the Hill and former president Bush kinda thing.

All good,
Reply/Quote

On top of this, the OC did the post drafting of All presser and when asked when he would be available he said he didn't know, but they were happy with his rehab.... The OC doesn't know?! This is a really stupid waste of a draft pick and stinks of panic. All would have been there in the 5th or 6th. I have no doubt.
Reply/Quote
How we managed to take the one player at each position that I didn’t want is absolutely amazing to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was a bizarre pick, for sure.  Seems like a panic pick, as the TE population depleted rather quickly after Ben Sinnott and Tip Reimann went much earlier than many had predicted. However in my mind, I see no need to panic. They signed 3 guys this offseason, two of whom are returning players that the team was already comfortable with. Why reach for a guy who's likely to be medically retired in a year or two??

How could it be a panic move when there were still lots of TE’s available?

I get most here just look at the board and want the next highest guy picked.

But that’s not how it’s done.

They don’t believe they reached.  If he stays healthy it’s a huge steal in the 4th.  They obviously feel they have a handle on his medicals.  Have you evaluated his medicals?
Reply/Quote
I didn’t get a single pick I wanted either, but they pretty much all make total sense. And some of them have a chance to be very good picks (particularly the first 3).

Reply/Quote
The back issue was a microdiskectomy, so it's a non-issue to me. That said, I didn't see him do anything in those highlights that Hudson can't do. He's most likely a TE 4 or on the PS
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The back issue was a microdiskectomy, so it's a non-issue to me. That said, I didn't see him do anything in those highlights that Hudson can't do. He's most likely a TE 4 or on the PS

Block?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Jenkins is a keeper.

Don't feed grumpy,,, She's been cranky all draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:08 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: How could it be a panic move when there were still lots of TE’s available?

I get most here just look at the board and want the next highest guy picked.

But that’s not how it’s done.

They don’t believe they reached.  If he stays healthy it’s a huge steal in the 4th.  They obviously feel they have a handle on his medicals.  Have you evaluated his medicals?

The Bengals scouts & Tobin have made catastrophically terrible choices and reaches plenty of times. PLENTY. Like, not just a miss.... a gross over reach.

They forfeited their "trust us, we checked him out" card long ago. When they drafted Carman over Humphrey, that was a classic example of why no one should trust their homework. Pollack told them Humphrey was who he wanted, but instead got "We checked him out" Jackson Carman.

The number of TEs available is irrelevant. The number if GOOD TEs.... that also currently have 2 working legs is more important to focuss in on.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The back issue was a microdiskectomy, so it's a non-issue to me. That said, I didn't see him do anything in those highlights that Hudson can't do. He's most likely a TE 4 or on the PS

He seems much more fluid than Hudson because Hudson seems like a robot. Erick seems like he's more athletic, more of a playmaker, and a lot better at YAC.

Seems a lot faster than Hudson too because I think Hudson ran in the 4.88 range and All ran a 4.43.

Erick will be a lot better than Hudson.

I'm excited.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:23 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It’s a fourth round pick.  These picks are likely don’t contribute right away if at all.  It isn’t the end of the world.  Have take risks somewhere.  This FO generally likes to play safe.  Nice to see walk on the wild side for once lol

That's how I feel about it overall as well. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 03:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree. 

TEs McLachlan & Holker both healthy and very talented. 

Stover was drafted a few picks later....Better production than All
Reply/Quote
I kept saying this reminded me of the Gresham draft. When one highly regarded TE goes in the first and some other TEs that go later in the draft go on to have Hall of Fame careers like Gronk and Jimmy Graham. I thought Theo Johnson was going to be like Jimmy Graham. Hopefully All turns out to be the Gronk with the back surgery and all.
Reply/Quote