Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Erick All!
I wanted bortolini or another interior olineman or corner. Edge would have been nice too.

That said, I picked All in my first mock. He could be good if he stays healthy.
I would have waited one round to pick him though. There were 5 players I would have taken before a tight end.
This could be a bit of a reach. Kind of a boom or bust pick.
I think getting an interior lineman or corner was a safer pick and more of a need/better for depth.

Overall, think All could be a great player and he definitely is well coached. I like his upside if he stays healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: BTW for those who don't know, he's from Fairfield

This pick as been in the works all off-season. He's met with the Bengals like four times.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Dude barely tested. Ran a 4.8 40. Has two significant injuries and was projected to go like 60 picks later.

What are we doing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: BTW for those who don't know, he's from Fairfield

Hope he works out better than the last guy from Fairfield we drafted. He had back problems, too.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude barely tested. Ran a 4.8 40. Has two significant injuries and was projected to go like 60 picks later.

What are we doing.

I don't think he tested at all he tore his ACL in October. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Per a twitter post I can link, but no idea how to post...

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Russell7/status/1784264516844281925?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1784264516844281925%7Ctwgr%5Ea81fc164b431e3bc02f1b7b60cd25be575162ec4%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbengalswire.usatoday.com%2Flists%2Fbengals-draft-erick-all-best-reactions-fourth-round%2F

Some of Erick All's stable metric percentiles via PFF:

Receiving Grade vs Single Coverage: 66th
Separation percentage: 89th
Separation percentage vs single coverage: 98th ?
Yards per route run: 95th
Avg Depth of target: 38th
Run block +Graded play rate: 71st
Reply/Quote
Former team captain at Michigan

Spine surgery was the microdiscectomy..he says he has zero pain or lingering issues from the back

tore his ACL early in 2023 season...expects to be ready by training camp

He was working out at Fairfield High School when he got the call. He was afraid his buddies were pranking him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Normally I’d be very happy about drafting a TE out of Iowa, but that injury history sure does look scary.

Reply/Quote
Everyone is bashing the pick, but the coaches and our front office know everything that everyone is mentioning and they still thought he was the best pick.

These aren't the days where Mike Brown was making the stupid picks or the days of Marvin being clueless. We've done our homework on this kid.

Trust the coaches!
Reply/Quote
Very high risk draft. They’ve swung for the fences. Thrown all caution to the wind.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not a fan of drafting the injury-prone. You think we would have learned from Eifert.

Agreed Harley, he had back surgery in 2022? WTF? 
I hope they did their homework..I would definitely opt to draft a healthier guy that rated a tad bit lower over the the guy that has had serious injury history already
a bit of a head scratcher to me....
I pray it works out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Very high risk draft. They’ve swung for the fences. Thrown all caution to the wind.

Yep. I'm just glad that Maason Smith was taken one pick before our pick in the 2nd round, because I bet we would have taken him if available. He fits the profile of players we've selected in this draft.

High risk, high reward selections in the 1st, 3rd and 4th round, with a NT that was projected 2 to 3 rounds later and a DT who is a great run stopper and physically impressive, but never put it all together to be a dominant pass rusher in the 2nd.

We could be looking at 4 pro bowlers in these first 5 picks or 5 players who aren't even starters in the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote
I didn't pay any attention to him in the pre draft process since he had the major injury flags. After watching his highlights... Holy shit, I don't mind the risk reward pick at all.

He came back and led Iowa in receiving, in only half their games, with 299 yards. And that was after the back surgery.

Now he has to bounce back from the ACL. We are in a good spot of not needing to rush him along, three guys in front of him on the depth chart, and since they've spent so much time with him recently they must be pleased with his progress.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everyone is bashing the pick, but the coaches and our front office know everything that everyone is mentioning and they still thought he was the best pick.

These aren't the days where Mike Brown was making the stupid picks or the days of Marvin being clueless. We've done our homework on this kid.

Trust the coaches!

They don't get this kind of credibility from me. They've been average to below average in the draft (who's name is not Chase or Burrow) in the ZT era. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude barely tested. Ran a 4.8 40. Has two significant injuries and was projected to go like 60 picks later.

What are we doing.

F'ing up.... badly.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed Harley, he had back surgery in 2022? WTF? 
I hope they did their homework..I would definitely opt to draft a healthier guy that rated a tad bit lower over the the guy that has had serious injury history already
a bit of a head scratcher to me....
I pray it works out.

It is a head-scratcher for sure. But, I'll stop bitching about it since there ain't shit I can do about it and join you at the alter for prayer.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didn't pay any attention to him in the pre draft process since he had the major injury flags. After watching his highlights... Holy shit, I don't mind the risk reward pick at all.

He came back and led Iowa in receiving, in only half their games, with 299 yards. And that was after the back surgery.

Now he has to bounce back from the ACL. We are in a good spot of not needing to rush him along, three guys in front of him on the depth chart, and since they've spent so much time with him recently they must be pleased with his progress.

leading the team with 299 yards says more about the team/offense than it does the player, tbh haha.
Reply/Quote
It's like we aren't even in win now mode. We keep drafting projects.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: These aren't the days where Mike Brown was making the stupid picks or the days of Marvin being clueless.

Mike Brown is gray.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didn't pay any attention to him in the pre draft process since he had the major injury flags. After watching his highlights... Holy shit, I don't mind the risk reward pick at all.

That's what I'm saying! He's going to be a nightmare for defenses to cover!

He'll also kill it in the red zone, which has me excited.

I also think that they had to ask Burrow and he must like him.
Reply/Quote