Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jackson Carman New Bengals OL
With the 46th pick in the 2nd round of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals selected Jackson Carman, OL, Clemson University.

Welcome our newest team member!

[Image: 9c876332-986c-4211-8405-dd8b8c65efe0-122...e_0478.JPG]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wanted to make a thread that wasn't mocking the pick right out of the gate. Even if you don't like the pick you can support your teams players and hope the best for them for God's sake.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for this thread.

I'm a big fan of Jackson Carman and have brought him up since the 2020 draft. Carman is a big guy that is a smooth mover. He brings a physical presence on the offensive line the Bengals have been missing for the last couple years. His biggest issue is footwork in pass pro against wide formation speed rushers but even though he has shorter arms its deceiving because is patient and instinctively has excellent timing and heavy hands.

I love Carman as a guard prospect in Cincy in any blocking scheme they want to run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Great road grading Guard that played against top pass rushers as a Tackle for one of if not the best team in the Nation as of late.

Great pick while adding a couple 4th round picks. Wink
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:14 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: With the 46th pick in the 2nd round of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals selected Jackson Carman, OL, Clemson University.

Welcome our newest team member!

[Image: 9c876332-986c-4211-8405-dd8b8c65efe0-122...e_0478.JPG]

I LOVE IT.   Bengals traded back a little and got 2 extra picks in round 4.   
So Bengals added LSU Burrow to Chase combo to add to Boyd and Higgins with Green and Ross gone. 
Bengals did draft a 2nd Round O Lineman, and this guy must have protected the Clemson QBs rear end
and now Bengals own Round 4 with 3 picks in it.  

So to get this guy and 2 extra picks in round 4,  I LOVE IT. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was a bit of a Debbie downer in the other thread but we picked him and hope he turns out great, I’ll be rooting for him!

Still hope we go OL in the 4th or trade back into the third.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:48 PM)tBengal Wrote: I was a bit of a Debbie downer in the other thread but we picked him and hope he turns out great, I’ll be rooting for him!

Still hope we go OL in the 4th or trade back into the third.
 RIGHT....Some are not looking at this Clemson O Lineman PLUS 2 extra picks in round 4.   Bengals got Carman and whoever they use the 2 picks from Patriots on in 4.  Bengals own round 4 with 3 picks.  For those wanting D Line help, LB, DB, TE, more O Line, maybe a RB with Gio gone, Bengals have 6 picks in first 4 rounds to cover many needs areas. 

and again, one guy pointed out that Sports Illustrated had Bengals wanting this top Guard from Clemson in round 2 weeks ago. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Welcome home Jackson Carman. I look forward to seeing Mixon run through giant holes you help create.
Reply/Quote
Seems like a smart player with a great mindset. Hope to see him learn/grow and do well.
Reply/Quote
Fans are absolutely insufferable sometimes.  Already writing the kid off.  

Frank Pollack wanted him.  Do we not trust him now? I can hardly keep up with the overreactions anymore.

The coach believes in him.  His job is to teach him.  Let the two of them work before passing judgment for ****'s sake.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Welcome home big man. Do some crushing protecting and grading for our two Joes!
Who Dey.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
If he were coming in to compete at OT, I'd be very disappointed. He will be fighting to start at OG where he should be.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Carman endorsed by Willie Anderson as a guy who can play OG and RT.

https://twitter.com/geoffhobsoncin/status/1388298630541582339?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:17 PM)Takedown Wrote: If he were coming in to compete at OT, I'd be very disappointed. He will be fighting to start at OG where he should be.

Best part about having 3 4th rd picks is the Bengals can get a true swing OT to groom behind Reiff and Williams. Anthony Collins was a 4th rounder and was a good swing OT when he was a Bengal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Spencer Brown (maybe with a slight trade up) in the 4th anyone?
Reply/Quote
Did Forsythe get drafted yet?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:32 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Spencer Brown (maybe with a slight trade up) in the 4th anyone?

Yes. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:17 PM)Takedown Wrote: If he were coming in to compete at OT, I'd be very disappointed. He will be fighting to start at OG where he should be.

It was a head scratcher for me at first but I mostly because I remember someone on here talking about Pollack's wide zone scheme and how some of these really big guys wouldnt fit well in it. But I trust Pollack to know the guys he wants and apparently the 330+ guys are not out of the question after all. I think we may have landed us an upgrade at G, and at the minimum for the short term, quality depth.
Reply/Quote