Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-10-2024, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: One more lost season due to injury and all other seasons is going to be a hope wish and prayer he makes it through. 

When he's mentioned currently it's already followed up with "when healthy". One more injury and there won't me much faith he will ever be / stay healthy. He'll have more years trying to play and stringing the team and fans along with false hope, I'm sure (he won't quit like Luck), but his career will be over for what we had hoped it would have become.

Folks may be slow to realize the dangerous waters we are treading with Burrows career. He'll already never be without pain in his wrist.... It's something he'll have to manage. He is only 27 but has the body of a 47 year old. Folks kept saying the beating he's taken hasn't had any effect, but he's clearly been feeling it as he stated himself  he's ignored the pain and injuries over the years to continue to play and practice.

We are probably living season by season (game by game) with Burrow at this point. Nothing surrounding his availability is guaranteed.

Could you be any more dramatic?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The concerns are he's following the same path as Andrew Luck.
The Colts never really put a good OL in front of Luck, expecting him to make wine out of water.
It's crazy that a 4-time Pro Bowler only played 6 seasons then retired by the age of 30.

Luck ran for ~40-60 times in a season.
Burrow ran 37 times in his 10 games as a rookie, 31 times last year in 10 games, and 40 and 75 times in his two full seasons 2021-2022.

While I don't think Burrow retires as early as Luck did unless injuries force him to, Burrow has the same hero mentality that Luck had and might be injured frequently in his career.

Burrow's not going to get appendicitis again.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 05:34 PM)jj22 Wrote:
He just stated - his own words, he's been feeling playing and practicing through pain and  things he shouldn't have.
I think it's fans acting like he's felt nothing that I wonder how they'd think they'd feel if they took the beatings he's taken the last 4 years.

There's a reason these players retire and can't walk up steps or play with their kids. Are knock kneed, and have toes removed, and 20+ surgeries by the age of 35. I think it's "us" who act like they are invincible or super hero's when in fact they are human. They are feeling pain. The worse thing we can do as fans is treat them like they don't. The best thing we can do is acknowledge and respect their sacrifice to their bodies to play the sport they love.

His admission to what all he's played and practiced through should be heard. 

Because he's still healing and rehabbing. Most NFL players are playing through some kind of pain. It's the nature of the game.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 04:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree with your points on Mims but Burrow's a bad example because of how bad our line has been and the beating he has taken.

Let's hope Mims stays healthy and is a Pro-Bowl tackle!

True but Burrow also had a very bad habit of hanging onto the ball too long in the pocket which certainly aided in his injuries. Can't blame that on the OL. Nor did he navigate the pocket well enough by stepping up and/or taking off. It's no knock on JB as he had a clean slate at LSU and the NFL is a huge learning process even for the #1 pick. JB learned the past couple years to run away from pressure, navigate the pocket better, step up in the pocket and take off for the free yards.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because he's still healing and rehabbing. Most NFL players are playing through some kind of pain. It's the nature of the game.

Actually, all players are not only playing with pain but never totally get their bodies right. I've know players who live in the ice bath damn near year around, live with ultra sound procedures and full body massages 4-5 days a week. Jack Lambert one said every single day you put the pads on whether it be practice or a game, you're body is never ever the same the next day.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm calling BS on that one. Any QB on the field would have had a shredded knee on that play. Appendicitis is a medical issue, not an injury issue. And the wrist injury was a fluke. The only injury that concerned me was his calf.

Call BS all you want, but he has been prone to injury throughout his NFL career.

Folks need to understand the difference between Injury Prone and fragile.

5 years into his NFL career Joe Burrow has been prone to injury. It's not an opinion (like saying he's fragile); it's a fact. 

Hopefully he never gets injured again. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 11:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Call BS all you want, but he has been prone to injury throughout his NFL career.

5 years into his NFL career Joe Burrow has been prone to injury. It's not an opinion (like saying he's fragile); it's a fact. 

That's because you're using the term injury prone to describe injuries that happened that would injure ANY player, not just Burrow. If he was constantly pulling the calf, groin, hamstring etc., then you can say he is injury prone. As it is, he is simply the victim of two freak plays that would have injured 100% of the players in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 11:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Call BS all you want, but he has been prone to injury throughout his NFL career.

Injury prone is clinically described as a series of soft tissue or ligamentous injuries due to lack of cross training. This does not describe Joe. A series of multiple hamstrings across multiple games and seasons is more suggestive of an injury prone athlete than what Joe has experienced in the league.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 07:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: LT…..

If you're suggesting that the Bengals piss off Orlando Brown and move Mims to LT.

THen Mims had really better be the next Andrew Whitworth.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 03:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: And here this was supposed to be a Mims thread - if you are so determined to soapbox about Burrow's injuries a separate thread would make more sense.

Speaking of Mims, I think we got a bargain partly because so many conflate "inexperienced" and "raw". A player who is inexperienced is just that - lacks experience. That does not mean they are uncoached or have no refinement. A player who has little or no coaching and refinement is raw. The existing tape on Mims shows he has skills and refinement, particularly in pass protection. He also has the correct work ethic and attitude, and joining a tackle room with Trent Brown and OBJr will help him acclimate to the NFL and get ready faster.

Well said, when you watch Amarius Mims he looks extremely polished. Plays balanced with good timing so he doesn't get penalized often 
something I cannot say about the Trench King that got took way too early IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow's not going to get appendicitis again.... Ninja

But he has had:
- Multiple torn ligaments in knee in November 2020
- Dislocated finger Dec 2021
- Sprained MCL Feb 2022 (Super Bowl)
- Calf strain start of TC 2023
- Torn ligament in wrist Nov 2023

Dude has been dinged up quite a bit in 4 years, really derailing 2 of the 4.
2023 he really only played normal for about half of those 10 games.

Fingers crossed he has a fully normal, injury-free 2024.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's because you're using the term injury prone to describe injuries that happened that would injure ANY player, not just Burrow. If he was constantly pulling the calf, groin, hamstring etc., then you can say he is injury prone. As it is, he is simply the victim of two freak plays that would have injured 100% of the players in the NFL

Yes, ANY player can be prone to injury (it's why I differed it from fragile). Perhaps it's their style of play, perhaps is lack of supporting cast, perhaps, it's because they are poorly conditioned, perhaps it is because they are fragile, perhaps it is one injury repeatedly getting aggravated.......

But I get it...We don't like to use the actual term to describe what has been JB's history, but it is what it is. 

The following players were/are also injury-prone during their Bengal career:

Tyler Eifert
Trae Waynes
Jonah Williams
Logan Wilson
Tycen Anderson
Tee Higgins

berreauxs Wrote:Injury prone is clinically described as a series of soft tissue or ligamentous injuries due to lack of cross training. This does not describe Joe. A series of multiple hamstrings across multiple games and seasons is more suggestive of an injury prone athlete than what Joe has experienced in the league.

And Merriam Websters describes it as:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/injury-prone#:~:text=%3A%20frequently%20injured,athlete%20who%20is%20injury%2Dprone

whatit reallyis Wrote:Frequently injured

I get we all want JB to be Superman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because he's still healing and rehabbing. Most NFL players are playing through some kind of pain. It's the nature of the game.

He was talking about prior years and listening to his body and not ignoring the aches and pains that has led to further injury. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If you're suggesting that the Bengals piss off Orlando Brown and move Mims to LT.

THen Mims had really better be the next Andrew Whitworth.

I'm suggesting we'll have Mims for 5 years and OB for 3 more... 

Reply/Quote
No one is going to ignore Burrow's injury history for people refusing to acknowledge it. I'm trying to move on but yall are being ridiculous by keeping your head in the sand.

Reply/Quote
I just saw the photo of him... what a monstrosity of a power house!!!!! guy looked hyuuuuuge... let's go, let's go!!!
Reply/Quote