Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome TE Hayden Hurst
(03-19-2022, 10:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think you are misunderstanding me, I’m not saying CJ is good I’m saying Hurst isn’t as good, because his blocking, but any TE for the most part will put up similar numbers. CJ was more productive with ball in hand than hurst basically his whole career, so again from an efficiency standpoint he was more productive but not at a level that doesn’t make him replaceable. The Bengals are still in for a TE in the draft because Hurst is not viewed as a long term fix.

As to who they wanted, I know for a fact they wanted CJ back and offered him a deal that was under the Jets but not quite as much as people think.

Agreed. 

It was either one of Rapien's reports or something i read but the word "shocked" was used. Made me wonder if they took it for granted that CJ wanted to be here above anywhere else. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think he’s quicker. I think he will be a better down the seam threat and will have some longer plays. But I don’t think that he’s gonna be much more than a wash with CJ. Trying not to be negative Nellie but I’m a little concerned. Concerned that that chip doesn’t get in the way. Sometimes guys on a one year deal are out for themselves. He mentioned that Zac was authentic and he relished that in their meeting. I don’t doubt he was but that doesn’t mean it will work out in Hurst’s expectations. I may be reaching. But CJ is was the ultimate teammate. Hurst if he’s got anything to prove it’d better be he’s as good of a team first guy. Again I may be jumping the gun big time.
Reply/Quote
I did some research on Hayden and he has quite the triumphant story.. I think he will be a great locker room guy and just as good as CJ on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:52 PM)kurisu Wrote: I did some research on Hayden and he has quite the triumphant story.. I think he will be a great locker room guy and just as good as CJ on the field.

Good to know
Reply/Quote
If Boyd or Higgins go down, I have more confidence in Hurst than CJ to become a respectable 3rd option.

I know CJ isn’t with the bengals anymore, but you get my point
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yep, he filled a position of need at what I feel was a good price.  The Bengals needed to fill the position and in my opinion they did so with Hurst in what was a low cost potential high upside signing.  Also doing so opens up the draft more to fill other more important positions of need first.

In my opinion the Bengals have really done well this year in free agency so far.  People always complain they never do enough.  But it is obvious they are putting a lot into it, like they also did last year.   I just find it kind of weird, in the past people complain, "Bengals don't sign enough free agents," then when they do they complain about those as well.   I guess it is a no win situation for some fans.  :)

But yeah the Bengals have addressed what everyone said needed to be addressed after the Super Bowl, the O-line and they did that immediately.  If they get a decent RT then this year in my opinion will be the best they have ever done in free agency.

Agree George, just need to get the Collins deal done with and it has come to fruition IMO.

This thread makes me happy as we got another upgrade. I think Hurst could have a monster year in this Offense.

Burrow doesn't discriminate, he just finds the open man and Hurst is a much crisper route runner than Uzo was for us.
Reply/Quote
Love the pick. Liked this guy out of college. We may still pick up McBride or another TE in the draft. This would give us a solid TE group.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:52 PM)kurisu Wrote: I did some research on Hayden and he has quite the triumphant story.. I think he will be a great locker room guy and just as good as CJ on the field.

Without the eye rolls....

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:06 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I like some guys in the second and third rounds this year for sure

Definitely a nice year to take a mid round athletic TE and see if anything comes of it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Definitely a nice year to take a mid round athletic TE and see if anything comes of it.

With the Collins signing this pickup looks even better now. I think Hurst can have a great season this year. His route running 
is so much better than Uzo's cause he can get open and doesn't need to rely on his strength like Uzo does a lot. Burrow also 
had to be much more accurate with Uzo, Hurst is quicker and runs crisper routes and has better hands.
Reply/Quote