Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome TE Hayden Hurst
(03-17-2022, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: OJ Howard would have been nice. He's signed.

Hurst is just as good and just as proven as Howard.

Howard has done little more in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You missed the GOAT came back, how? lol

Sorry, it was supposed to be sarcasm. All that talk about one of the best all time and we end up with Hayden hurst. Just funny.
Reply/Quote
Veteran TE and could just be added for depth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Very underwhelmed by this signing hope I am wrong
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Really liked him in the draft. Hopefully he is cheap. We don’t need an all star at TE. Fix the o line and he will be plenty good enough. TE in the draft as well.

Werrdd
Reply/Quote
I'd say a good signing. Had a good playoff game with the Ravens with 53 yards and a td. Then had a Uzo like year a couple of seasons ago on a bad Atlanta team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1504537824061796354?s=21

A lot of people are complaining about this TE class but I agree with this. I really like the value in the mid rounds for TE in this draft. Like the plan here.
Reply/Quote
im fine with this
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Should be serviceable for what we need from that position. Offensive line remains the highest priority for that side of the ball.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:27 PM)pally Wrote:

More versatility? I'll take that. Hopefully it helps with our short yardage woes. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:27 PM)pally Wrote:

This is why I like Jalen Wydermyer in this draft class at #63.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I like it as long as the 1 year salary isn't too high. I'm not getting in the overpaying-mediocre-TE wagon.

Either way, addresses a need and doesn't tie the Bengals in long term to a potential mistake, so yeah. I am fine with it.

Now announce Tretter to the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: A lot of people are complaining about this TE class but I agree with this. I really like the value in the mid rounds for TE in this draft. Like the plan here.

Agree.

And no way we are using a first or second round pick on a TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Veteran TE and could just be added for depth.

(03-17-2022, 04:22 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Very underwhelmed by this signing hope I am wrong

If he stays healthy he is by far our #1 TE and will be Burrow's release valve. He is a good football player, will know where to be and where to go.

Give him a chance....

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:13 PM)Garrus Wrote: 1 year deal, we are for sure taking a TE within the first 3 rounds. Like the signing though, he is a good player.

Next years crop is better
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If he stays healthy he is by far our #1 TE and will be Burrow's release valve. He is a good football player, will know where to be and where to go.

Give him a chance....

I'm just saying he could be end up playing second fiddle to a draft pick. Which I expect them to draft TE on day 2.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: OJ Howard would have been nice. He's signed.

OJ Howard has done a whole lot of nothing in the league though i get the potential. At least Hurst has put a good season together.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Next years crop is better

Which fits nicely with the 2 year timeline. Nexy year's guy can be TE#1 to replace Hurst if he leaves.  This year's guy can take over for Sample when he leaves. 
Reply/Quote