Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome TE Hayden Hurst
(03-17-2022, 04:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: OJ Howard has done a whole lot of nothing in the league though i get the potential. At least Hurst has put a good season together.

Right?  Has any player lived off "atheltic potential" longer than OJ? 

Drafted in 2017 and nothing.

Reply/Quote
cheap contract probably on a prove-it deal.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just saying he could be end up playing second fiddle to a draft pick. Which I expect them to draft TE on day 2.

I really hope we wouldn't spend a 2nd rd pick on a TE. We just don't use them enough. If we go OL in 1 I hope they go CB, DT or LB in that order of BPA.
Reply/Quote
Interesting. He's now on his 3rd team going into his 5th season.
From what I remember of him, we was rather well-rounded but hasn't been a big contributor in the passing game.
Biggest season as a pass catcher was 2020 where he caught 56 balls for 571-6.
Career YPR average is 10.4.
He's probably about on par with Uzomah.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this signing allows us to keep running 12 personnel well. Taylor showed a commitment to keeping the run game going last year when he could and this signing along with Karras and Cappa will allow him to do that much more effictively. Pretty happy so far but we definitely still need RT and CB at least.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'd say a good signing. Had a good playoff game with the Ravens with 53 yards and a td. Then had a Uzo like year a couple of seasons ago on a bad Atlanta team.

Yep, I mean I don't follow Atlanta at all but it seems they've been close to a dumpster fire last couple seasons. So hopefully he'll be even better with JB and Co.

My dream was to get Gronk on a very team friendly deal, who's wasn't ? But after Brady unretired I knew that was shot down. 

This team doesn't highlight the TE position enough to make a big payday out of a signing one when they still need to get another Olineman and CB, DT or whatever.

I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He give you about the same production as CJ...which is all we need TBH.

All I ask is...how is his blocking?

Good question, now I'm curious.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: HOT TAKE:  Hayden Hurst will have better stats this year than our TE's this past season.

I don't doubt this one bit. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really hope we wouldn't spend a 2nd rd pick on a TE. We just don't use them enough. If we go OL in 1 I hope they go CB, DT or LB in that order of BPA.

I'd be happy with Trey McBride in the 2nd... Joe's Gronk for the next decade.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Meh.

Typical stuff around here.  "Bengals never do enough in free agency. "  Uzomah leaves in free agency and the Bengals then sign what I have seen posted on various sites as a top 10 TE free agent.  Response from people here, "Meh." Good grief. Especially given most of those ranked before Njoku aside from Gronk and 34 year old Cook have already signed or tagged.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really hope we wouldn't spend a 2nd rd pick on a TE. We just don't use them enough. If we go OL in 1 I hope they go CB, DT or LB in that order of BPA.

TEs are in the offense every snap. They are a huge part of the Bengals run and screen game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: OJ Howard has done a whole lot of nothing in the league though i get the potential. At least Hurst has put a good season together.

Based on what?

Hurst:
Best season as a receiver - 571 yards, 6 TDs in 16 games
1304-12 across 57 games

Howard:
Best season as a receiver - 565 yards, 5 TDs in 10 games (went down with injury)
1737-15 across 59 games

Howard's a better receiver when on the field, he just got put on the backburner when Gronk came to the Bucs (understandably so).
Howard's also suffered from more injuries than Hurst, so there's more risk there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If he stays healthy he is by far our #1 TE and will be Burrow's release valve. He is a good football player, will know where to be and where to go.

Give him a chance....

I agree. On paper he is more of a playmaker than Uzomah not sure how the rest of his game compares. But a solid signing and hopefully he stays healthy and can make some plays this year.
Reply/Quote
I think it all comes down to dollar value.

I'd say Hurst is just a little less talented than Uzomah for a lot less money. And I am fine with that. No TE is going to get a lot of targets here or be a key to the passing game. Hurst should be fine for what we need.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sorry, it was supposed to be sarcasm.  All that talk about one of the best all time and we end up with Hayden hurst.  Just funny.

I was just teasing ya, sorry if I came off as asshole-forum attacking dude.

There have been some posters still going on about Gronk while ignoring the reality that the ship sailed once TB12 returned.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, I mean I don't follow Atlanta at all but it seems they've been close to a dumpster fire last couple seasons. So hopefully he'll be even better with JB and Co.

My dream was to get Gronk on a very team friendly deal, who's wasn't ? But after Brady unretired I knew that was shot down. 

This team doesn't highlight the TE position enough to make a big payday out of a signing one when they still need to get another Olineman and CB, DT or whatever.

I'm fine with it.

I'll say this about Hurst's time with ATL.
They saw him in 2020, and they still decided to go get Kyle Pitts and make him the primary TE in 2021. Now they let Hurst leave.
They must not have thought very highly of him to keep him the starter and retain him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I've personally always been impressed with Hurst... I don't mind the signing at all. Will give similar production as Uzomah did at prob half the pay.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say this about Hurst's time with ATL.
They saw him in 2020, and they still decided to go get Kyle Pitts and make him the primary TE in 2021. Now they let Hurst leave.
They must not have thought very highly of him to keep him the starter and retain him.

because he, along with Chase, were the best pass catchers available, and Pitts has the versatility to play wide out
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Typical stuff around here.  "Bengals never do enough in free agency. "  Uzomah leaves in free agency and the Bengals then sign what I have seen posted on various sites as a top 10 TE free agent.  Response from people here, "Meh." Good grief.    Especially given most of those ranked before Njoku aside from Gronk and 34 year old Cook have already signed or tagged.  

Bro - this is a meh signing. Like he's fine, but no one is wetting their panties over Hayden Hurst. 

It's fine for what it is. A 1 year stop gap who is going to give you some production. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote