Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome To Bungles
The Bengals had a terrible losing stretch 1997-2002 (6 seasons) before hiring Marvin Lewis and making the team worth watching again.
The Bengals also had a 5-season losing stretch 1991-1995.

This team is going on a 4th straight year with a losing record and trending downward.
I will give this team through next year to get back to (at least) 8-8 before I stop paying attention to the Bengals completely.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:25 PM)WhoDey Wrote: You are the exact type of fan i can't stand. The word "Bungles" is not a word i would ever use in my vocabulary about the team i root for. I can't imagine anyone cares about your opinion of the direction of this team

You should care.

Just as Mike and his cronies should care.

That "exact type of fan" has watched a lot of damn games and is fed up.

It's those casual types who don't invest any time or knowledge into the franchise that parrot "Bungles" cause they heard it somewhere that I can't stand.

When you're a lifer and you start to own that "Bungles" moniker... that says something.

This team is on the verge of a real fan purge.

Things are gonna get real scarce in Bengal town if they keep on sliding. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You should care.

Just as Mike and his cronies should care.

That "exact type of fan" has watched a lot of damn games and is fed up.

It's those casual types who don't invest any time or knowledge into the franchise that parrot "Bungles" cause they heard it somewhere that I can't stand.

When you're a lifer and you start to own that "Bungles" moniker... that says something.

This team is on the verge of a real fan purge.

Things are gonna get real scarce in Bengal town if they keep on sliding. 

Can we at least agree on this... Welcome to Bungles is awful. Now; Welcome to the Bungle? That brings me to my kn kn kn kn kn kn kn knees knees.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Is it ok to refer to Mike Brown the Bengal Bungler?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I was just a child but I remember my father talking about Boobie Clark and his fumbles...I mean his name was Boobie Clark...
That would be Charles Lee "Boobie" Clark. The 12 round 302. diamond in the rough pick out of little Bethune Cookman College by PAUL BROWN.(you WISH they could draft like that now)who went on to score 27 TDs and receive AFC ROOKIE of the Year honors leading the Bengals to the AFC Central Title in the only the franchises 6th year. The crowd used to chant in unison....BOOOOOOOOOOOOBIE when hyped up. I recall announcers stating, "those are NOT boo's you hear, the crowd is chanting boooooooobie". Did your dad leave those parts out because Boobies team outclassed these current Bengals by lightyears ?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:33 PM)John Shaft Wrote: That would be Charles Lee "Boobie" Clark. The 12 round 302. diamond in the rough pick out of little Bethune Cookman College by PAUL BROWN.(you WISH they could draft like that now)who went on to score 27 TDs and receive AFC ROOKIE of the Year honors leading the Bengals to the AFC Central Title in the only the franchises 6th year. The crowd used to chant in unison....BOOOOOOOOOOOOBIE when hyped up. I recall announcers stating, "those are NOT boo's you hear, the crowd is chanting boooooooobie". Did your dad leave those parts out because Boobies team outclassed these current Bengals by lightyears ?

Paul Brown sired this boobie of an owner we have now... Should we keep him on the pedestal?

Asking for a friend...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:46 PM)jason Wrote: Paul Brown sired this boobie of an owner we have now... Should we keep him on the pedestal?

Asking for a friend...
Too late. His name is on your stadium in big letters. Without Mr Brown pro football would never have existed in Cincincinnati. It doesn't now but thats for another thread.
Reply/Quote
All this "I'm done, I won't live through the 90's again" drama reminds me of Rosie O Fat, Alec Baldwin types and all the rest of the hollyweird dips that constantly whine about moving to Canada, but never do. If you're done with this team, leave. Go support someone else. No one is going to beg you to stay. No one is going to force you to stay. Just go, and close the door behind you......
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "I'm done, I won't live through the 90's again" drama reminds me of Rosie O Fat, Alec Baldwin types and all the rest of the hollyweird dips that constantly whine about moving to Canada, but never do. If you're done with this team, leave. Go support someone else. No one is going to beg you to stay. No one is going to force you to stay. Just go, and close the door behind you......
Looking at all those empty stadium seats,  you may have already gotten your wish. Ineptitude and Mediocrity should not be embraced.
Reply/Quote
Watching the Browns getting manhandled by the Niners right now
The Bengals had a golden chance 5 games in to be 2 and 3 or 3 and 2. To really be in the thick of things. So depressing
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:33 PM)John Shaft Wrote: That would be Charles Lee "Boobie" Clark. The 12 round 302. diamond in the rough pick out of little Bethune Cookman College by PAUL BROWN.(you WISH they could draft like that now)who went on to score 27 TDs and receive AFC ROOKIE of the Year honors leading the Bengals to the AFC Central Title in the only the franchises 6th year. The crowd used to chant in unison....BOOOOOOOOOOOOBIE when hyped up. I recall announcers stating, "those are NOT boo's you hear, the crowd is chanting boooooooobie". Did your dad leave those parts out because Boobies team outclassed these current Bengals by lightyears ?

I do not remember those teams to be honest.  But Dad stop being a Bengal fan some time later and stopped all together when Mike Brown took over and Fired Sam.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "I'm done, I won't live through the 90's again" drama reminds me of Rosie O Fat, Alec Baldwin types and all the rest of the hollyweird dips that constantly whine about moving to Canada, but never do. If you're done with this team, leave. Go support someone else. No one is going to beg you to stay. No one is going to force you to stay. Just go, and close the door behind you......

And cut them lights out!!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are bad. 1-15 bad even, but not Bungle bad. We aren't seeing the bloopers of the lost decade..... Yet.

You must not be watching the o-line. They’re arguably the league’s worst unit at any position grouping. The only thing in the organization as bad as the line is the owner/GM.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:31 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Looking at all those empty stadium seats,  you may have already gotten your wish. Ineptitude and Mediocrity should not be embraced.

Woah woooah let's not reality get in the way for some Mr. Tough Guy's rant. LMAO 

People will leave.  So may the team.

As long as money is stacked around a Brown fledglings that is the bottom line.

I laugh when people tell me I can't complain or state the obvious that fans will and have diminished.

Empty seats and season ticket holders that I personally know who have dumped them after having them for decades.

Thems facts folks and not some Rosie O'Donnell type threat to leave.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are bad. 1-15 bad even, but not Bungle bad. We aren't seeing the bloopers of the lost decade..... Yet.

isn't Berman back at ESPN? wait for the 3 stooges noises as they play the greatest Bungles hits sometime this season....its really all quite comical. you gotta laugh or you will go crazy and stress out over a futile operation as there is in pro sports .
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:31 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Looking at all those empty stadium seats,  you may have already gotten your wish. Ineptitude and Mediocrity should not be embraced.

And that's fine. If someone wants to go and support some other team, great. Just quit coming on here announcing you are done over and over like you are expecting someone to beg you to stay. If you are done, leave. This is Jungle Noise, home of Bengals Fans EXCLUSIVELY. If you are done being a fan, then by forum rules you should not be allowed to post here anymore, RIGHT???
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And that's fine. If someone wants to go and support some other team, great. Just quit coming on here announcing you are done over and over like you are expecting someone to beg you to stay. If you are done, leave. This is Jungle Noise, home of Bengals Fans EXCLUSIVELY. If you are done being a fan, then by forum rules you should not be allowed to post here anymore, RIGHT???
Your sensitive overreaction is over the top. Just fans venting. Dedicated Fans all over the world in all sports have at one time expressed the frustration of ............ "I'M DONE WITH THIS TEAM" ! Loosen up because it's not that deep. You sir are experiencing the effects of Daltonization. The defending of mediocrity for the sake of loyalty.
Reply/Quote

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ANYONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TEAM! It's a good damn thing you aren't standing in front of me because you wouldn't be standing at all!! In other words, GO EFF YOURSELF!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:31 PM)RASCAL Wrote: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ANYONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TEAM! It's a good damn thing you aren't standing in front of me because you wouldn't be standing at all!! In other words, GO EFF YOURSELF!

Anyone remember Celebrity Deathmatch on MTV?

Al Swearengen vs Clark Griswold!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone remember Celebrity Deathmatch on MTV?

Al Swearengen vs Clark Griswold!

Swingen wins that via the knife thrust. And then Wu feeds the pigs.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote