• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to Draft Season Madness!
Curious who folks would take if this scenario plays out:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

We tried our best to trade back a few spots but nobody wants to give us much to come up and get Wilson or whoever. The only offers have us dropping all the way back into the mid-late 1st and the family has made it clear to Tobin/Taylor they’re not ok with that. They want a top 10 pick.

I know it’s hard to answer before we see what happens in FA, both with our guys like WJ3 & Lawson and potential additions, but just for conversation’s sake who you taking here?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Surtain or Pitts would be my picks
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious who folks would take if this scenario plays out:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

We tried our best to trade back a few spots but nobody wants to give us much to come up and get Wilson or whoever. The only offers have us dropping all the way back into the mid-late 1st and the family has made it clear to Tobin/Taylor they’re not ok with that. They want a top 10 pick.

I know it’s hard to answer before we see what happens in FA, both with our guys like WJ3 & Lawson and potential additions, but just for conversation’s sake who you taking here?

Probably the top defensive player in the draft, be it Parsons, or Surtain II or Farley. Pitts and Smith would also be considered but bang for your buck, Parsons, or Farley.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious who folks would take if this scenario plays out:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

I would take Pitts and cut Uzomah and use that money in FA. If Tobin is dead set on taking OL then I'd take Darrisaw.
Reply/Quote
You’re still going to find an elite prospect even with the top 2 we like off the board.

Slater
Darrisaw
Surtain
Farley
Smith
Waddle
Paye
Rosseau
Parsons
Pitts

Not in that order, but these are the players to choose from and I think most of these guys won’t have me upset.

Truly elite would be selecting Pitts, as he is unique and has physically gifted at the tight end position.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see some support for taking Pitts in here. He is my top choice in this scenario btw. I’ve kind of cooled on Smith after the NCG hype wore off, and his build just worries me a bit.

I like Surtain a lot, but I really want to focus on offense, and if they both reach their ceilings I think Pitts makes a bigger impact.

This ofc entirely depends on the team doing the right thing and bringing in some upgrades on the OL in FA. For this hypothetical I’m going to just assume they did.

If it plays out like that then no player would excite me more than Pitts. It’s going to take a while to fix the defense (adding multiple pass rushers, letting the young LBers develop, etc), but we could have an elite offense pretty quickly with just one or two additions in FA, and adding a weapon like Pitts. Burrow throwing to Tee, Boyd, and Pitts, with Mixon in the backfield...

That could be hard to stop.

Reply/Quote
Darrisaw, Farley, or Parsons

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 09:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad to see some support for taking Pitts in here. He is my top choice in this scenario btw. I’ve kind of cooled on Smith after the NCG hype wore off, and his build just worries me a bit.

I like Surtain a lot, but I really want to focus on offense, and if they both reach their ceilings I think Pitts makes a bigger impact.

This ofc entirely depends on the team doing the right thing and bringing in some upgrades on the OL in FA. For this hypothetical I’m going to just assume they did.

If it plays out like that then no player would excite me more than Pitts. It’s going to take a while to fix the defense (adding multiple pass rushers, letting the young LBers develop, etc), but we could have an elite offense pretty quickly with just one or two additions in FA, and adding a weapon like Pitts. Burrow throwing to Tee, Boyd, and Pitts, with Mixon in the backfield...

That could be hard to stop.

Drafting Pitts plays right into Burrows strengths 
Burrow,was one of the best passers last year throwing in the
Middle of the field. Higgins and Boyd would see single coverage
90% of the time. Having a TE that causes matchup
Issues is,always a good thing. Just ask the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 09:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Darrisaw, Farley, or Parsons

Farley is the best zone defender coming into the draft. He can also man up on teams best receiver. I feel that he is the best corner for the bengals if they are looking hard here at 5.

Surtain is a good player, but he isn’t even an average zone corner, he needs to go to a team that plays a lot of man coverage, and also has bricks for hands. Again, not saying he is a bad corner, bout for tge bengals, Farley us the better prospect.
Reply/Quote

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

I'd be happy with Pitts in this scenario.
Reply/Quote
Top defensive player in the draft for one of the worst D's in the league sounds like a good scenario
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Top defensive player in the draft for one of the worst D's in the league sounds like a good scenario

Not to me. If we re-sign WJ3 we don’t need a CB. None of the pass rushers are worth a top 5 pick. And I’m certainly not taking a stack LB with character red flags there.

But the point of the thread wasn’t so much to debate who we should take, but rather just to see what players would be named the most.

So who you taking?

Reply/Quote
Good topic because there is a good chance this is what the Bengals will be facing, especially with rumors of the NYJ sticking with Darnold being out there.

It's still early in the offseason so my opinion could change on this but I'd go with with Slater or one of the top two CBs.

I get why people like the idea of Pitts for Burrow, but when's the last time one of these first half of the first round TEs have lived up to their hype? Based off of my extensive research (30 second google search), most of the top TEs were selected in the 2nd round or later. Plus, TE is a luxury pick that a team with as many holes shouldn't be making.

Regarding Parson. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped to mid/later in the first. The talent is there for pick 5 but I've read he has the dreaded "character concerns" label.
Reply/Quote
If they actually go out and get a couple top tier free agent Olineman, which I highly doubt, but I'm hoping. I wouldn't be opposed to Pitts at #5.

I'm a firm believer we have to build the O for Joe ! That's the path to victory.
Reply/Quote
Assuming we keep both Jackson and Lawson.

It would be between Darishaw, Slater,Waddle,.Smith, Pitts, Zaven Collins, Daviyon Nixon, Jalean Phillips, and Baramore.

Darishaw

If they lose Jackson then they go Farley, if they lose Lawson Phillips, and if they lose both Farley.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pitts or Farley
Reply/Quote

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

I go Kyle Pitts unless the Bengals really need help on OL after FA. And the only OL I'd consider at 5 are Darrisaw and Slater. Darrisaw if dead set on that player playing OT. Slater if they want a versatile guy who could potentially play any OL spot.

In regards to Pitts, I think that dude could be a Top 10 TE in the league as a rookie. I think he not only improves the passing game, but also the running game. I think he's the second-most impactful offensive player in the draft behind Sewell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

Probably Surtain, provided there were some good FA pickups. If they still needed Oline, i'd take the guy i liked after the "combine"?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd say Slater or Smith.

Slater is dependent on his eventual weigh in and measurement session (Wish he was a senior so we could have seen those results today). But if he has 33 and a half inch arms and is 6'3" 310 lbs or more, then I think he's a top 5 pick. The only thing that would make me question him is if he came in with 31 or 32 inch arms and was only 6'2" or 6'1" or closer to 300 lbs.

If Slater is much smaller than he is projected to be, then I'd go with Devonta Smith and not feel bad about it at all.
Reply/Quote
This is a pretty easy one. IF we keep Lawson and WJ3, then i would be perfectly fine with the following (in order):

Slater (many have him rated higher than Sewell.)
Devonta Smith
Kyle Pitts
Reply/Quote