Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to Draft Season Madness!
(01-29-2021, 12:57 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you're picking in the top 5, you have to get a top 5 talent.  I don't see any corner in this draft that fits that description.  In reality, (depending on who you talk to) the only guys that I think fit that mold are:

Sewell
Slater
Chase
Smith
Pitts

I think you're missing a certain Clemson QB. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So fellas, Orlando Brown just tweeted "I am a LEFT Tackle", signaling that the Ravens will have to trade him. He's nearly unbeatable in pass pro and pretty good-very good in the run game. And he's right by the way; his play improved when he took over at LT, he's more natural there.

Would any of you trade the 5th pick for him? Next year is the last on his rookie deal so his payday is coming up soon. But he is one of the best in the game unlike a draft pick who's NFL talent is unknown. Would the Ravens or Bengals consider trading in the division?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:30 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: So fellas, Orlando Brown just tweeted "I am a LEFT Tackle", signaling that the Ravens will have to trade him. He's nearly unbeatable in pass pro and pretty good-very good in the run game. And he's right by the way; his play improved when he took over at LT, he's more natural there.

Would any of you trade the 5th pick for him? Next year is the last on his rookie deal so his payday is coming up soon. But he is one of the best in the game unlike a draft pick who's NFL talent is unknown. Would the Ravens or Bengals consider trading in the division?

#5OA for one year of any player would be a resounding hell no.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:30 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: So fellas, Orlando Brown just tweeted "I am a LEFT Tackle", signaling that the Ravens will have to trade him. He's nearly unbeatable in pass pro and pretty good-very good in the run game. And he's right by the way; his play improved when he took over at LT, he's more natural there.

Why would the Ravens want to trade one of the best in the game?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: #5OA for one year of any player would be a resounding hell no.

Sure, of course. No way you make the deal without an extension in place.

Doubt we get anywhere near a top 5 pick for him anyway. I just wanted to get a feel for your opinions on if you'd trade that pick for a sure fire player that you'd have to pay for.

As to why we'd trade him... the alternative would be to let him walk and get a third round comp, which would be a waste of his value. The tough part is trading your Pro Bowl RT in a year you expect to make the playoffs again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 02:39 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Sure, of course. No way you make the deal without an extension in place.

Doubt we get anywhere near a top 5 pick for him anyway. I just wanted to get a feel for your opinions on if you'd trade that pick for a sure fire player that you'd have to pay for.

As to why we'd trade him... the alternative would be to let him walk and get a third round comp, which would be a waste of his value. The tough part is trading your Pro Bowl RT in a year you expect to make the playoffs again. 
I could see a Lawson for Brown deal
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:30 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: So fellas, Orlando Brown just tweeted "I am a LEFT Tackle", signaling that the Ravens will have to trade him. He's nearly unbeatable in pass pro and pretty good-very good in the run game. And he's right by the way; his play improved when he took over at LT, he's more natural there.

No way. Not for a 5th, when Brown is so close to getting paid. Especially with Sewell there and a possibility. He won't even turn 21 until after the season starts.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 02:39 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Sure, of course. No way you make the deal without an extension in place.

Sure fire is a better way to put it. You had said one of the best in the game before...and he's more like a low mid starting tackle. He's worth more like a 10-15, 1st round pick. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Lions are expected to trade Matthew Stafford before the Superbowl. If it's for another first round pick they will be in excellent position to shake up the top of the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 01:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sure fire is a better way to put it. You had said one of the best in the game before...and he's more like a low mid starting tackle. He's worth more like a 10-15, 1st round pick. 

I think that's fair, I'd take a 10-15 in a heartbeat especially after he spoke out and may have cost us leverage.

I will push back and say making the Pro Bowl the last two years at both RT & LT is better than low-mid starting Tackle. Lamar does make everybody's job easier but Orlando is a great pass protector, average run blocker. Very tall and uses his arms really well. Has trouble getting low and turning in the run game but moves people drive blocking. Either way though I appreciate it, the draft section posters here are very good.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 09:17 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I think that's fair, I'd take a 10-15 in a heartbeat especially after he spoke out and may have cost us leverage.

I will push back and say making the Pro Bowl the last two years at both RT & LT is better than low-mid starting Tackle. Lamar does make everybody's job easier but Orlando is a great pass protector, average run blocker. Very tall and uses his arms really well. Has trouble getting low and turning in the run game but moves people drive blocking. Either way though I appreciate it, the draft section posters here are very good.

That's key right there. If you look at at PFF grades, he's a bit better than Jonah Williams in overall and passpro, and quite a bit better in run blocking. When you look at allowed pressures, he's given up 3 sacks and 1 hit while Jonah has given up 3 sacks and 6 hits. But in hurries, Brown has given up 24 to Jonah's 11. Lamar helps in that department much more than any QB the Bengals can put out there. 

I'm not downplaying Brown's skill. I think he's better than Jonah and Jonah did only play in 10 games this year but it would be interesting to see how he looks with anyone else behind him but Jackson. 

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious who folks would take if this scenario plays out:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Sewell
4. Chase

5. ?

We tried our best to trade back a few spots but nobody wants to give us much to come up and get Wilson or whoever. The only offers have us dropping all the way back into the mid-late 1st and the family has made it clear to Tobin/Taylor they’re not ok with that. They want a top 10 pick.

I know it’s hard to answer before we see what happens in FA, both with our guys like WJ3 & Lawson and potential additions, but just for conversation’s sake who you taking here?

Pitts, Darrisaw or Slater would all be just fine with me if this is how it played out.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 02:57 PM)Synric Wrote: The Lions are expected to trade Matthew Stafford before the Superbowl. If it's for another first round pick they will be in excellent position to shake up the top of the draft.

First I have heard of this, thanks Synric.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First I have heard of this, thanks Synric.

You’re really out of the loop, Nate. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really out of the loop, Nate. Tongue

Yeah, I don't have NFL Network. I get most of my info here or NFL.com.
Reply/Quote
Pitts > all 3 elite receivers

Pitts mismatch vs good SSs and LBs is HUUUUUUUGE ADVANTAGE!

various elite receiver vs good DBs is advantage.

no brainer to me
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 05:16 PM)Yogo Wrote: Pitts > all 3 elite receivers

Pitts mismatch vs good SSs and LBs is HUUUUUUUGE ADVANTAGE!

various elite receiver vs good DBs is advantage.

no brainer to me

If we don't go with one of the top 3 OT's I am leaning this way myself. Want a TE that is a mismatch for D's for once.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Surtain or Pitts would be my picks

If Chase is gone,take Pitts,Chase is the best player in this draft,you want someone that scores points,You can get a top top lineman later as this draft is loaded with linemen.Chase is a game changer and already has props with Burrow.Our offense would be epic.A guy like Chase only comes around once every five years.
Reply/Quote