Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Bengals, Chase Brown
Good RB in the 5th round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great draft thus far, good talent in every round.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 03:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: Great draft thus far, good talent in every round.

I agree. A little unconventional but I have to say that I’m pretty impressed.
Reply/Quote
Don’t know much about him, but after watching a highlight clip, he runs low. Good speed and balance.

Team captain, power five conference.

Just heard Todd mcshay say “a hell of a pass blocker”.

Perine replacement, will push mixon.

328 attempts, 1643 yards and 10 tds.
Reply/Quote
I just looked at his highlights, I very much like this pick. Great speed.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 03:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: Great draft thus far, good talent in every round.

I had Brown in a couple of my mocks this year, we found us a very capable RB late in the draft. He definitely has some flaws, but he's a good receiver out of the backfield.  Need to work on ball security and being a little more patient in play development, but that's why we pay our coaches, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Like this pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Don’t know much about him, but after watching a highlight clip, he runs low.  Good speed and balance.

Team captain, power five conference.

Just heard Todd mcshay say “a hell of a pass blocker”.

Perine replacement, will push mixon.

328 attempts, 1643 yards and 10 tds.

He likely will be a special teamer Year 1 that gets no snaps on offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He likely will be a special teamer Year 1 that gets no snaps on offense.

Idk about that. The coaching staff doesn’t seem to like Chris Evans much, so this guy could potentially come in and supplant him right away.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He likely will be a special teamer Year 1 that gets no snaps on offense.

I’d love to be able to bet a good amount of money against this prediction.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about that. The coaching staff doesn’t seem to like Chris Evans much, so this guy could potentially come in and supplant him right away.

Chris Evans didn't perform well when given the opportunity last season.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The staff is extremely happy so far. Much less scrambling this year. Today they bullseyed. These were players they really wanted and didn’t have to reach on one. Battle is going to be a special teams warrior.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had Brown in a couple of my mocks this year, we found us a very capable RB late in the draft. He definitely has some flaws, but he's a good receiver out of the backfield.  Need to work on ball security and being a little more patient in play development, but that's why we pay our coaches, right?

My favorite pick of the Draft for sure so far. He had more snaps pass blocking than any other RB and held up well, he refuses to go 
down at times and that is why the fumbles occurred, he can work on this. Great balance, like you said is a good Receiver out of the 
backfield, has breakaway speed. Major steal in the 5th Round IMO.

3rd in the Nation in rushing. So much to like about Chase Brown. Fits our needs like a glove, great pick.
Reply/Quote
makes me think we will see more than a few RBs in the UDFA group brought into camp

Reply/Quote

I’d bet a lot of money against this.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He likely will be a special teamer Year 1 that gets no snaps on offense.

I disagree. He is gonna get snaps and will be a good 3rd down back right off the bat.
Reply/Quote
I'm confused, his draft profile says he weighs 205 and Hobby has him at 215? I'm not so sure he is Perrine's replacement either. This kid has speed to burn and Perrine didn't. They seem like 2 different backs with 2 different skill sets.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm confused, his draft profile says he weighs 205 and Hobby has him at 215? I'm not so sure he Perrine's replacement.

He's Perine's replacement because he's a good pass blocker.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:55 PM)pulses Wrote: I disagree. He is gonna get snaps and will be a good 3rd down back right off the bat.

Yeah, Chase Brown might get the most snaps out of all these rookies. He fits exactly what we needed at RB.

The only way he doesn't get snaps is if he is still having fumbling issues. He has really good vision too, another one upper on Mixon.
Reply/Quote