Good value. Listed as the 20th best prospect in the draft here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Our pass rush needed work.
Reply/Quote
Felt not ready to start , prefer a starter in 1st but lou has down well with def picks so trst system
Reply/Quote
I prefer Nolan Smith for defense, man
Reply/Quote
Keep stacking those lines. I like it. We had like zero edge pass rush other than Trey.

I know a lot of people wanted Mayer but I'm so glad we passed on him. TE just isn't a premium position, especially in this team when you have Higgins and Chase.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/7GY9mlEUQYI

Starts at 12 min for Murphy
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Bengals needed a pass rusher... I don't know enough about this guy but they say he's a freak athlete.

Think the Bengals have earned our respect lately in the draft so no reason to believe this won't be a solid pick
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I like it. Build that dline rotation. We need pass rushers. Sounds like a smart, fast player.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Keep stacking those lines. I like it. We had like zero edge pass rush other than Trey.

I know a lot of people wanted Mayer but I'm so glad we passed on him. TE just isn't a premium position, especially in this team when you have Higgins and Chase.

Yeah losing Trey to injury would be a big deal, but long and short term this pick fits.  They can beef him up a few lbs and rushing him at UT at times if needed.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:40 AM)northernbengal Wrote: https://youtu.be/7GY9mlEUQYI

Starts at 12 min for Murphy

Good video. Seems like a high risk high reward pick. I trust Lou and his ability as a DC. He 100% deserves benefit of the doubt. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I prefer Nolan Smith for defense,  man

Certainly understandable. But Smith is more of an OLB and we play 4-3 most if the time. I would have been fine with Smith, but there is no spot for him in our standard lineup. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I prefer Nolan Smith for defense, man

Nolan doesn’t fit our defense. If we were a different team, I could agree with you, but a base 4-3 doesn’t suit him best.
Reply/Quote
Came here to see how I should be feeling about this pick. Looks like i'm feeling pretty good.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: Thoughts

What are your thoughts? Or did you just want to be the first to start the thread.

Wasn't my first choice, but if their goal is to have an elite pass rush rotation then I am not against that plan. I hope they grabbed the right guys to get it done.
Reply/Quote
Stupid ass pick... Mayer sitting right there, and you take some bum ass DE from clemson.. Sickening...
Reply/Quote
Let's see what Hobby can do with him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:53 AM)Tony Wrote: Stupid ass pick... Mayer sitting right there, and you take some bum ass DE from clemson.. Sickening...

Well that's no way to welcome your new Bengal player. Whether you like him or not.
Reply/Quote