Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
(04-29-2022, 12:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he got unseatted by Flowers in the role they had planned for him to be in. Combined they still weren't a massive amount of snaps but I think Hill still does a bit more than either of those two do.

For sure. I don't think Hill is going to ride the bench. He is going to find time rotating in at various positions. I'm excited for the pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:25 AM)Trademark Wrote: So hyped for this pick as a Michigan fan. Go blue and who dey!!!

Same here... but now we root Orange and Black
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:25 AM)Trademark Wrote: So hyped for this pick as a Michigan fan. Go blue and who dey!!!

I'm very happy with the pick.  Sure, I wish Karlaftis had fallen one more spot, but Hill was the BPA at 31 and the Bengals didn't have to trade any pics to get a guy with top 15 talent.  Seems the Bengals have broken another trend here by drafting a safety in Rd 1.  Lou will love the versatility this guy gives him.  He will see the field a lot on 3 Safety looks. 

Welcome, Dax!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Most people watch picks on TV and don't want the pick spoiled.  It is very bad form to post a pick prior to it being announced on TV.

And you should know this, so i don't know why you're trying to defend yourself.

You dun F'd up.

I didn't mess up anything, TV is becoming obsolete
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:34 AM)Tony Wrote: This pick sucked.. wtf!!

You are on a sad and lonely island, Tony.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: I didn't mess up anything, TV is becoming obsolete

Uh huh...violating board decorum for your own ego.....classy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: For everyone who loved Flowers last year, Hill is probably going to unseat him a bit on covering TE's. His speed and versatility will be used for all sorts of physical match up challenges. Expect to see him in the slot when teams move their speed receivers there to try and overwhelm Hilton. Expect to see him split out wide allowing us to play man when TE's go wide. Expect him to rotate from a sub package dime LB to center field while Bell sprints down into a blitz or late robber rotation.

The guy is a swiss army knife and he is going to get plenty of snaps this year.

Truly a Swiss Army knife
Reply/Quote
I'm just not a fan of hybrid players. We already have a hybrid slot/safety guy in Hilton and he's good at it. You don't need too many swiss army knifes. Would rather draft someone that played S full time. Or a pure CB.

Booth would have been my pick there. But I don't hate the pick. Hope we find a way to use him and I think Lou will.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy with the pick. He seems very versatile and will give us options in coverage. Seems he's got some pop as a tackler as well.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can’t be mad when you go best player available when your picking at the bottom of round 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:04 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I'm just not a fan of hybrid players. We already have a hybrid slot/safety guy in Hilton and he's good at it. You don't need too many swiss army knifes. Would rather draft someone that played S full time. Or a pure CB.

Booth would have been my pick there. But I don't hate the pick. Hope we find a way to use him and I think Lou will.

Hilton is not a safety/slot hybrid…he’s a slot corner. Hill is basically what Tyrann Mathieu is.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hilton is not a safety/slot hybrid…he’s a slot corner.

What? Read his draft profile. Sounds familiar He was/is a hybrid guy all the way. 

While Hilton may not have ideal size, he possesses the type of knowledge you’re looking for in a defensive back. It’s not very often that you get a player that has experience at every position in the secondary and has even stepped up in the box a few times. Hilton accounted for nearly 50 tackles that were unassisted and he’s knowledgeable of opposing offenses with his 12.5 tackles for loss.

If you like Jim Leonhard then Mike Hilton may be the second coming of him. It’s possible he gets drafted but wouldn’t be surprising if he didn’t. His versatility as a safety and corner back will allow him to find a place on somebody’s football team this off season
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:31 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: What? Read his first profile. He was/is a hybrid guy all the way. 

While Hilton may not have ideal size, he possesses the type of knowledge you’re looking for in a defensive back. It’s not very often that you get a player that has experience at every position in the secondary and has even stepped up in the box a few times. Hilton accounted for nearly 50 tackles that were unassisted and he’s knowledgeable of opposing offenses with his 12.5 tackles for loss.

If you like Jim Leonhard then Mike Hilton may be the second coming of him. It’s possible he gets drafted but wouldn’t be surprising if he didn’t. His versatility as a safety and corner back will allow him to find a place on somebody’s football team this off season

What a draft guy wrote about the guy 7 years ago doesn’t matter, he is a slot corner and nothing else in the NFL. Are you serious right now? He takes more snaps on the D line than he does as a safety and no one is calling him a D line/CB hybrid.
Reply/Quote
By the way, I’ll mention that Hill could still be in the plan as an outside CB. He isn’t fundamentally precluded from doing so because of anything involving his play.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: What a draft guy wrote about the guy 7 years ago doesn’t matter, he is a slot corner and nothing else in the NFL. Are you serious right now? He takes more snaps on the D line than he does as a safety and no one is calling him a D line/CB hybrid.

He was a hybrid guy and still is. Is he a pure CB? No. I'm not a fan of hybrid/slot guys. That's all. They can be hard to acclimate and we already have one. I'm not saying they are the exact same guy but we have a hybrid guy already. Just rather get a guy that played S full time and was good at it. It's just my opinion. Welcome to hate it all you want
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:43 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: He was a hybrid guy and still is. Is he a pure CB? No. I'm not a fan of hybrid/slot guys. That's all. They can be hard to acclimate and we already have one. I'm not saying they are the exact same guy but we have a hybrid guy already. Just rather get a guy that played S full time and was good at it. It's just my opinion. Welcome to hate it all you want

What is he doing that’s hybrid? Like you haven’t actually said what Hilton does that is hybrid yet just keep saying it. He sure as heck doesn’t align at safety so I don’t know what makes him a hybrid if he isn’t actually playing the role. No one in the NFL thinks he’s a hybrid player at all, he’s an elite slot corner. You don’t me form Adam so rather than taking my word on it go ask someone on Twitter maybe?

For reference Eli Apple aligned at safety like alignments as much as Hilton did last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is he doing that’s hybrid? Like you haven’t actually said what Hilton does that is hybrid yet just keep saying it. He sure as heck doesn’t align at safety so I don’t know what makes him a hybrid if he isn’t actually playing the role. No one in the NFL thinks he’s a hybrid player at all, he’s an elite slot corner. You don’t me form Adam so rather than taking my word on it go ask someone on Twitter maybe?

Is he a pure CB? Going to line him up outside? No. 

Did he play ever position in college? Yes. 

That. He's the same type of player. Not a pure CB. Not a pure S. A projection at both. And a mix of the 2.

Again read his player profile coming out of college. It's pretty similar. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:50 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Is he a pure CB? Going to line him up outside? No. 

Did he play ever position in college? Yes. 

That. He's the same type of player. Not a pure CB. Not a pure S. A projection at both. And a mix of the 2.

Again read his player profile coming out of college. It's pretty similar. 

Answer to one means he’s a slot corner.

So did Jalen Ramsey no one calls him hybrid safety

This is complete nonsense, a player profile doesn’t mean anything in the NFL how he actually is used is what matters. Again, Eli Apple plays more “safety” than Mike Hilton.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is he doing that’s hybrid? Like you haven’t actually said what Hilton does that is hybrid yet just keep saying it. He sure as heck doesn’t align at safety so I don’t know what makes him a hybrid if he isn’t actually playing the role. No one in the NFL thinks he’s a hybrid player at all, he’s an elite slot corner. You don’t me form Adam so rather than taking my word on it go ask someone on Twitter maybe?

For reference Eli Apple aligned at safety like alignments as much as Hilton did last year.

Hilton had acclimated to the slot well in the NFL. But he was a hybrid guy coming out and still had those skills. He planned out and we signed him once he had a role nailed down. But that's often not the case with hybrid guys. Where is peppers at? The guy the browns drafted. Not a fan of Pitre either for the same reason. I don't need to keep explaining. Moving on
Reply/Quote