Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
(04-29-2022, 03:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He came off as a coked up douche bag

per usual

We know amyl nitrate is more your thing, Frank.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Was that Jordan Palmer giving everyone the aggressive handshakes? Nervous

I dunno, but it seemed that we really got our guy!
Reply/Quote
I think Dax was the BPA and a great fit for us. He happens to address an area needing addressed, and add another playmaking piece into the secondary in general..... and will be on a rookie deal for a bit. With his versatility, he will most likely help improve the numbers for guys like Bell and Bates. He is going to take more pressure off the entire secondary while adding skill and playmaking ability. Good get. Welcome aboard Dax!
Reply/Quote
Dax is going to wear #23 according to Hobson.

Reply/Quote
Dax is young. He’s athletic as hell. Lou is really strong at scheming. I think he gets a ton out of Dax this year. He’s going to play a lot and Lou will scheme him to yield big plays for us.
Reply/Quote
I was pleasantly surprised that we took Dax. Another great first-round pick by Duke and Zac.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We know amyl nitrate is more your thing, Frank.

And PBR.
Reply/Quote

This actually starts playing around the 9:10 mark

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: So anyways, we don’t have anyone on the roster than can do what Hill does. I think they are going to let him compete at outside in camp and see if he can do it, which he very well may be able to.

That is what is so awesome about the pick, so versatile. He has the speed to play on the outside no question.

Might take Apple's spot as a rookie.

And is a great fill in at Slot in case Hilton goes down.

(04-29-2022, 01:59 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hill is going to be the 3rd safety and is extremely valuable.. will likely initially be on the field on 3rd down or 2nd and long.

Luxury pick baby!

I went to the Steelers and Ravens board.... man are they jealous.  One of the Ravens guys thought we got the better safety than the one they picked 17 picks earlier.

Lol, I actually agree with that Raven fan.

(04-29-2022, 02:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The AFC has been ridiculously aggressive. It’s going to be brutally competitive. The Ravens have been aggressive in our own division. The Chargers are exceedingly better. The Raiders are exceedingly better. Denver is better. KC I don’t think they can replace Hill. But if it were me I’d trade up and swap seconds and give up a 3 and maybe a 5 to get Logan Hall. Only if you had the pick in hand with the trade.  Grabbing 2 of the most versatile players in the entire draft in Dax and Hall would make this defense and it’s sub packages a pain for OC’s. The offense with the revamped OL is going to be really good. That would really position us with a solid team.

Don't forget the Bills who had a nice pick last night too. Yes, if we can trade around and get Logan Hall that would be great.

(04-29-2022, 02:40 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Do you guys think the Hill selection changes when we may address CB? Ie, maybe they plan to use him some at CB?

Like Au165 said, they probably will use Dax at CB as long as Bates is still here so yeah, we don't HAVE to go CB in round 2.

(04-29-2022, 02:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I do, I think they are thinking they have Apple and they have this guy who may literally be able to do anything. If the right guys falls I don't think it would preclude them from taking a CB because you can never have too many but I think they look at Hill as this joker who they plug into whatever need they need to cover to let them get value off their board.

Truth.

(04-29-2022, 03:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, should have totally taken a guy with injury concerns who didn’t even test over a versatile 5 star DB that some had as high as middle 1st round.

I love Booth as a player but I took him off my board early when I heard about the injury history.

(04-29-2022, 03:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One thing Hill can do outside of just coverage is tracking down mobile qbs on the run, cough Lamar Jackson twice a year, Mahomes, etc. And he is a solid blitzer as well, at least from some of his clips.

So true, fits the Division to a T and Pickett can run a bit too, not near what Lamar or Deshaun can, but some.

He isn't a statue, was a good pick by the Stool IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'm getting strong Malcolm Jenkins vibes from him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Jim Nagy is the director of the Senior Bowl and gets a good look at all the best players in college football. Love to hear this from him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 06:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Jim Nagy is the director of the Senior Bowl and gets a good look at all the best players in college football. Love to hear this from him.

Thanks for sharing that NATI, yeah, Nagy knows quite a bit about talent. No doubt Dax Hill is incredibly talented.

The crazy part to me is he had so many changes on the coaching staff on his side of the ball and still did great along with Aiden.

Lions got lucky the Jags went for upside and athleticism over production. Aiden should be very productive in the NFL.

I have no idea about Travon Walker...
Reply/Quote
If knock on wood Hilton were to need to miss any snaps this year I think this guy could step in right away and start making some plays from Hilton's role schematically. His safety experience adds some nice versatility too. Looking forward to seeing this guy compete for a starting role in camp.
Reply/Quote
And what a fine looking young man he is as well. Welcome Dax.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think the pick also lets Bates know it's time to shit or get off the pot.. I think he's a FA next season because he likes the pot.. 

MONEY is very much a factor some fans are forgetting.  If Bates and his Agent are looking for Bates to be The Highest Paid Safety in The NFL on a long term contract, and I said IF, then that is a contract that won't happen and Bates leaves after 2022.   Now I like Bates Motel, I really do, but even I can't say he is THE BEST Safety in The NFL.   So If Bates and his Agent are way over priced and asking for more money than any Safety in The NFL is getting, Bengals have to let him walk.  Bengals must also think about future contracts of Burrow, Chase and being under the Cap.  So MONEY could be pricing Bates off this team IF he is wanting to be the NFL highest paid Safety.   

We know contract negotiations have NOT gone well between Bengals and Bates Agent.   So here was a Safety in Hill who could have went at 18 and Bengals got him at 31 as the best player left on the board.  If Bates days with Bengals are coming to an end,  Hill is a great pick.  I like Bates Motel, but I can't say he is THE BEST Safety in The NFL.  He and his Agent may be trying to break Bengals Cap Money, and are we willing to give up a Burrow or Chase to keep Bates and stay under salary cap, probably a big NO to that one. 

If Bates stays or goes, Hill is still a good pick,  but contract negotiations point to Bates leaving in hopes some team makes him the highest paid Safety in NFL.  MONEY is always a factor in Pro Sports. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
"Pickens drops back, Trey Hendrickson pushes him out the pocket. He side steps a sack by Sam Hubbard. No one is open. Pickens panics and tries to fit a pass over a defender. Dax uses hsi speed to recover and tip the ball in the air. Jesse Bates picks it!!! Bengals TD!!!"

I need a load of this next year
-Housh
Reply/Quote