Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Welcome to the jungle Daxton Hill!
(04-29-2022, 02:17 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: It was talked extensively how Georgia screwed over their other players to let their LBs get all the stats. Hence why he had to be all upside.

Could be the case.

(04-29-2022, 02:19 AM)Yogo Wrote: Sounds like he is even more physical and tackles better than Bates.

Without a doubt Dax Hill is much more physical and a much better tackler than Bates. 

These were Bates weaknesses coming out of the Draft. Bates range is his strength, thing is, it is a strength of Dax Hill's too.

(04-29-2022, 02:34 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I know 40 times only matter so much, but for DB's I think it's more important considering you have to run with some of the fastest athletes in the world.

With that said, I'm really glad we took a Safety that runs in 4.3's instead of a corner (Kyler Gordon) who runs in the 4.5's.

No doubt, or McCreary who ran pretty slow for a Corner at the Combine...

(04-29-2022, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The one thing this pick does is guarantee that if Bates wants to sign a mega million dollar deal here or elsewhere after this season, we will get Playoff Jessie all season instead of middle of the season Jessie. If he plays like middle of the season Jessie, he'll likely lose his spot and his leverage going into his next contract. Hopefully Bates has his mind right all season this year.

Good points Sled, also if Jesse is acting weird we can trade him for a pick or 2 today. Would be for it now with Dax Hill here.
Reply/Quote
So anyways, we don’t have anyone on the roster than can do what Hill does. I think they are going to let him compete at outside in camp and see if he can do it, which he very well may be able to.
Reply/Quote
Love the pic for the Bengals and am excited to see how they use him with Bates and Bell this year. Also, would be pumped to see them move up in rd 2 to grab Booth or Gordon to build depth and competition at CB
Reply/Quote
Hill is going to be the 3rd safety and is extremely valuable.. will likely initially be on the field on 3rd down or 2nd and long.

Luxury pick baby!

I went to the Steelers and Ravens board.... man are they jealous. One of the Ravens guys thought we got the better safety than the one they picked 17 picks earlier.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The AFC has been ridiculously aggressive. It’s going to be brutally competitive. The Ravens have been aggressive in our own division. The Chargers are exceedingly better. The Raiders are exceedingly better. Denver is better. KC I don’t think they can replace Hill. But if it were me I’d trade up and swap seconds and give up a 3 and maybe a 5 to get Logan Hall. Only if you had the pick in hand with the trade. Grabbing 2 of the most versatile players in the entire draft in Dax and Hall would make this defense and it’s sub packages a pain for OC’s. The offense with the revamped OL is going to be really good. That would really position us with a solid team.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: So anyways, we don’t have anyone on the roster than can do what Hill does. I think they are going to let him compete at outside in camp and see if he can do it, which he very well may be able to.

I think Lou will be able to find a way to use him this season. Hoping he can find his way into the defense. While I'm not a fan of hybrid guys I will root for them to find their role and he definitely has the tools to do it. 
Reply/Quote
Do you guys think the Hill selection changes when we may address CB? Ie, maybe they plan to use him some at CB?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:40 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Do you guys think the Hill selection changes when we may address CB? Ie, maybe they plan to use him some at CB?

I was wondering that as well. Like if we went OL or DL we would be taking a CB day 2 for sure. Now we may not. I'm excited to see how these next 2 Rds go.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:40 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Do you guys think the Hill selection changes when we may address CB? Ie, maybe they plan to use him some at CB?

I do, I think they are thinking they have Apple and they have this guy who may literally be able to do anything. If the right guys falls I don't think it would preclude them from taking a CB because you can never have too many but I think they look at Hill as this joker who they plug into whatever need they need to cover to let them get value off their board.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:04 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I'm just not a fan of hybrid players. We already have a hybrid slot/safety guy in Hilton and he's good at it. You don't need too many swiss army knifes. Would rather draft someone that played S full time. Or a pure CB.

Booth would have been my pick there. But I don't hate the pick. Hope we find a way to use him and I think Lou will.

I don't consider Hill a hybrid.  I think of him as versatile. A FS with range who can play single high with the additional ability to play NCB whose tackling isn't a liability.
Reply/Quote
Was really wanting Cole Strange, but Belichick snatched him from us.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:05 PM)Tony Wrote: If you say so.. We all know your opinion is all that matters... We have 2 safetys.. Woulda rather had Booth here...

Yeah, should have totally taken a guy with injury concerns who didn’t even test over a versatile 5 star DB that some had as high as middle 1st round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:14 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Was really wanting Cole Strange, but Belichick snatched him from us.

When you’re strange

Belichek wants you to play

When you’re strange
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, should have totally taken a guy with injury concerns who didn’t even test over a versatile 5 star DB that some had as high as middle 1st round.

& Hill can play CB it seems just as Booth does.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote:

Was that Jordan Palmer giving everyone the aggressive handshakes? Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: So anyways, we don’t have anyone on the roster than can do what Hill does. I think they are going to let him compete at outside in camp and see if he can do it, which he very well may be able to.

One thing Hill can do outside of just coverage is tracking down mobile qbs on the run, cough Lamar Jackson twice a year, Mahomes, etc. And he is a solid blitzer as well, at least from some of his clips.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:14 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Was really wanting Cole Strange, but Belichick snatched him from us.

Biggest reach of the 1st round. Sean McVay’s live reaction to that pick was hilarious.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One thing Hill can do outside of just coverage is tracking down mobile qbs on the run, cough Lamar Jackson twice a year, Mahomes, etc. And he is a solid blitzer as well.

I want to see late rotations. Hill in the slot bailing pre snap as Bates rolls over and Bell comes down sliding the pressure from the QB's left to right but making it tough to adjust protection. We can also use him in more two high looks like what BUF does, their safeties are interchangeable where as Bell isn't really a 2 high safety, why we play more single high, so we can get Hill in next to Bates at times to play some two high.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:59 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hill is going to be the 3rd safety and is extremely valuable.. will likely initially be on the field on 3rd down or 2nd and long.

Luxury pick baby!

I went to the Steelers and Ravens board.... man are they jealous.  One of the Ravens guys thought we got the better safety than the one they picked 17 picks earlier.

The Ravens and Packers fans have to be wondering about their bad luck in terms of their receiver corps. I don't think anyone expected the run of 6 WRs by the 18th pick. It was unprecedented. I thought the Ravens gave up Hollywood Brown early in the draft to move into the 1st round assuming one of those WRs would still be there. The Packers certainly assumed they would walk out with a WR. 

Both Lamar and Rodgers seemed more than a little peeved at their top WRs being traded, and I think really let their displeasure be known (Lamar in tweets, Rodgers in an interview) after their teams didn't get a replacement in the first round.

The Bengals fans, on the other hand, have to be very pleased getting a top-15 talent in their actual area of need with the next to last pick in the round. Lot of reaches last night, but the Bengals got someone who dropped to them.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Biggest reach of the 1st round. Sean McVay’s live reaction to that pick was hilarious.

He came off as a coked up douche bag

per usual
Reply/Quote