Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I Guess We Aren't The Only Ones Saying This

Well we aren't the only ones saying this, it seems to be the general consensus everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:51 PM)GodFather Wrote:

Well we aren't the only ones saying this, it seems to be the general consensus everywhere.

Yeah, Taylor said it himself. Pretty tough call. 
Reply/Quote
Seriously?

Zac gave Burrow a third and three. Every QB should be thrilled with that. And you sure as hell can't blame a coach for a loss when he gave his QB a very makable 3rd and 3.

If the passing game was so unstoppable then why the hell didn't they convert the 3rd and three.

I am not a huge Zac Taylor fan but this is 100% hindsight BS.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a huge Zac Taylor fan but this is 100% hindsight BS.

To a point, yes it is but watching the game, it was obvious Zac got too comfortable after we hit FG range. He should have went for the kill instead of putting the ball back in their hands.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

Zac gave Burrow a third and three. Every QB should be thrilled with that.  And you sure as hell can't blame a coach for a loss when he gave his QB a very makable 3rd and 3.  

If the passing game was so unstoppable then why the hell didn't they convert the 3rd and three.

Seriously?????

Burrow was in a zone and his receivers were feeding off it..
Taylor does not recognize Game momentum and the players who are feeling it.. Not just yesterday but all season long
He did Burrow a disservice in O.T.  And im almost certain Joe Burrow took some Offense to it.. But Classy as Burrow is he will defend the play calling and settle for the Humble response when being asked
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To a point, yes it is but watching the game, it was obvious Zac got too comfortable after we hit FG range. 

That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

But, again, if Burrow was unstoppable why couldn't he convert a gimme 3rd-and-3?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

But, again, if Burrow was unstoppable why couldn't he convert a gimme 3rd-and-3?

Definitely not disagreeing with you on 3-3. If we go by last weeks interception Burrow threw in the endzone which ended our comeback, then yes, I can see where Zac would be a little nervous. Burrow has thrown an interception in every game since week 5 with the exception on the Raiders game and is also tied for 1st in the league for interceptions this year. So as you say, it's all HS. However, I think many would have done things different. 

Reply/Quote

Zac gave Burrow a third and three. Every QB should be thrilled with that.  And you sure as hell can't blame a coach for a loss when he gave his QB a very makable 3rd and 3.  

What third and three are you talking about? The one in OT where they ran the ball or a different one? How is Burrow supposed to convert a third and three when its a run play? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What third and three are you talking about? The one in OT where they ran the ball or a different one? How is Burrow supposed to convert a third and three when its a run play? 

They didn't run. Joe got sacked
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They didn't run. Joe got sacked

Sacked because the Defense knew the throw was the only option
Because Vanilla calls on first and second down
No surprise
This team makes defenses look far better than they are
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:00 PM)Spider Wrote: Sacked because the Defense knew the throw was the only option
No surprise

Ah that's right. They ran on first and second down. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:00 PM)Spider Wrote: Sacked because the Defense knew the throw was the only option
No surprise

They ran on 3rd and 3 in the 3rd quarter so no, they didn't, "know the throw was the only option."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

He's the second highest rated PFF QB in the league. The ONLY reason we were in that game yesterday was because of Burrow. He was in the absolute zone and they took the ball out of his hands.

We were averaging 3.3 yards per carry yesterday. We couldn't get anything going with the run all game. 

I haven't seen one person take the position you are taking on this thing, even the head coach who has admitted he regrets the call playing. Weird stuff, Fred. 
Reply/Quote
IN all Honesty I personally dont know whos sending in the plays and if Joe has been given authority to audible out..
But if its Taylors call and theres no Audible out after reading the Defense at the line allowed the Taylor is to blame
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:07 PM)Spider Wrote: IN all Honesty I personally dont know whos sending in the plays and if Joe has been given authority to audible out..
But if its Taylors call and theres no Audible out after reading the Defense at the line allowed the Taylor is to blame

Joe has 100% audibled out of plays this season. I remember the winning pass to Uzama against the Jags? was an audible. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's the second highest rated PFF QB in the league. The ONLY reason we were in that game yesterday was because of Burrow. He was in the absolute zone and they took the ball out of his hands.

We were averaging 3.3 yards per carry yesterday. We couldn't get anything going with the run all game. 

I haven't seen one person take the position you are taking on this thing, even the head coach who has admitted he regrets the call playing. Weird stuff, Fred. 
And we needed 3 yards for a 1st down. Should have run it instead of letting the "in zone" guy take a sack.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And we needed 3 yards for a 1st down. Should have run it instead of letting the "in zone" guy take a sack.

Well we were averaging 10 yards per attempt throwing so take that for what it's worth. 
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon had a run of 10 yrds. and the rest were thanksgiving stuffings. If I was Zac, I would have gone into this game with the mindset that I'm playing this game thru the air. If they beat us there, then we deserved to lose the game. But he kept forcing Mixon, the niners beat us by better coaching, hands down. THe defense had the game manage by halftime. A comeback was plausible even with all the mess with the offense and special teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think Mixon had a run of 10 yrds. and the rest were thanksgiving stuffings. If I was Zac, I would have gone into this game with the mindset that I'm playing this game thru the air. If they beat us there, then we deserved to lose the game.  But he kept forcing Mixon, the niners beat us by better coaching, hands down.  THe defense had the game manage by halftime. A comeback was plausible even with all the mess with the offense and special teams.

This 100000%. 

The guy is so stubborn with the run game. He want's this team to be run first soooo bad that it's likely going to cost him his job. 

The 49ers were running out a practice squad secondary and we just refused to attack them until the 4th quarter when we had to. I know part of this is they want to protect Burrow because of the sacks/him being banged up, but if it aint working then it aint working. It was baffling. 
Reply/Quote

Because it was an obvious passing down and a horrible call.. No short routes on the call.. Should been something short and out of his hand immediately.  He waited till an obvious pass down to do it.. Take a shot on 1st or 2nd.. Shoulda known Freddy would be ok with this..
Reply/Quote