Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well.....Well....Well...
(06-25-2018, 03:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably what they see them say on television.

That is one of the benefits of being a nobody.  You can go into a restaurant and get service because all the awful things you think and believe are in your head and not plastered all over the internet and television. I'm this this same restaurant has unknowingly served at least one person who thinks everything SHS says and does is 100% spot on and awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-25-2018, 03:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That depends on whom else they have refused to serve over the years.  Right now the list stands as Sarah Huckabee Sanders, so getting on their shat list might take a lot more than the average person is able to do.

Honesty compassion and cooperation are the standards.  Seems a lot of politicians and regular folk may fail on one or more.  Certainly she can't be the only person who doesn't meet their standards.  And if you announce you have standards I supposes you should have some basis for determining if people meet your standard.  Otherwise some might think you made that up on the spot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-25-2018, 03:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Honesty compassion and cooperation are the standards.  Seems a lot of politicians and regular folk may fail on one or more.  Certainly she can't be the only person who doesn't meet their standards.  And if you announce you have standards I supposes you should have some basis for determining if people meet your standard.  Otherwise some might think you made that up on the spot.

Some of us fail to meet that standard, and some of us splay said failure all over the TV and the internet.  Honesty in itself would rule out politicians, but hell, we want to be lied to so I don't even blame them for that.
(06-25-2018, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is SHS representative enough of the average Republican to deduce that all Republicans should be on notice there?  Ye gods, I hope not.

I suppose they are fine if they don't make their views public or work directly for POTUS. But I suspect there will be fewer Republicans there in the future so not as any will have to be on notice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I suppose this is ethical.

Oddly this says they passed their inspection with flying colors.

Side note:

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/health-inspectors-find-hygiene-failings-at-donald-trumps-florida-resort-35621813.html

Quote:Health inspectors find hygiene failings at Donald Trump's Florida resort

Florida health inspectors found 15 hygiene violations at US President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, reports show.

The violations were discovered in January, days before Mr Trump hosted Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe for a diplomatic visit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-steakhouse-hit-51-violations-article-1.1203653

Quote:Trump Steakhouse hit with 51 violations after officials find month-old caviar, expired yogurt

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 17, 2012 | 9:48 AM

LAS VEGAS  — A Las Vegas Strip restaurant bearing the initials of celebrity financier Donald Trump was briefly shut down after health inspectors found violations including month-old caviar and expired yogurt.

DJT, the signature steakhouse at the Trump International Hotel, reopened Nov. 2 with a restored "A'' grade — several hours after Southern Nevada Health District officials logged 51 violations during a routine inspection.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-25-2018, 03:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wonder how they screen everyone else to see if they fit their standards.

Anyone who makes their personal beliefs a public statement.

For example, if you went in there with a Westboro "God Hates ****" t-shirt they would probably ask you to leave.
(06-25-2018, 03:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That sounds like politics to me.

Yet Goodlatte has eaten there before with no problems. Like I said, just a bit more nuance to this than people are willing to accept.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2018, 03:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Secretary Nielson went into that Mexican Restaurant to troll them and got exactly what she deserved. You don't take black babies from people and put them in child concentration camps and then go visit a soul food restaurant for lunch right when you get finished defending your actions on live tv.

She knew what she was doing, and I bet her and Trump thought it was funny. He was sending a lot of his administration out to troll Mexicans that day.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/stephen-miller-heckled-mexican-restaurant-washington-dc-2018-6

Let's not condone this immature and indecent behavior. Take the kids fine if you agree with that. But don't go rubbing it in peoples face. We as people must do better.

This was a tacky move, that only Trump supporters seem to get their kicks out of.
I think this comment is reflective of how some on the left have simply been blinded by hate.

She's against illegal immigration, especially those coming up from Central America and is helping to work toward a solution. So obviously she gets lumped into hating all Mexicans and cannot eat there.

(06-25-2018, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose they are fine if they don't make their views public or work directly for POTUS. But I suspect there will be fewer Republicans there in the future so not as any will have to be on notice.

I guess it depends on how many Republicans side with SHS.  I assume Trump is going to throw her in front of a volley of arrows here eventually, but time will tell.
(06-25-2018, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That is one of the benefits of being a nobody.  You can go into a restaurant and get service because all the awful things you think and believe are in your head and not plastered all over the internet and television.  I'm this this same restaurant has unknowingly served at least one person who thinks everything SHS says and does is 100% spot on and awesome.

We have a local place that we know the owners quite well.  

The one daughter and I are on opposite sides of the political spectrum but we are respectful and try not to discuss it too much there.  Never a problem getting served.

A mutual friend acts like a complete jerk about his politics and will gladly and loudly explain why he is right and everyone else is wrong (no, he's not on this board) and he gets served no problem.

Sanders is a very public figure.  Maybe when she quits and comes out talks about how she was able to do her job people will see her differently than the persona she uses now.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-25-2018, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She's against illegal immigration, especially those coming up from Central America and is helping to work toward a solution. So obviously she gets lumped into hating all Mexicans and cannot eat there.

She is a supporter of a man who claims Mexican immigrants are disease ridden criminals and who tried to punish innocent children to further his cause.
(06-25-2018, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this comment is reflective of how some on the left have simply been blinded by hate.

She's against illegal immigration, especially those coming up from Central America and is helping to work toward a solution. So obviously she gets lumped into hating all Mexicans and cannot eat there.

We know exactly what they were doing. No need to spin ("Central America" when you and I and everyone else know all we hear is Mexicans, but carry on). It doesn't take one political side or another to have common sense. That's the luxury of being an independent.

But about illegal immigration since you brought it up. Why do we only see brown colored people in these camps/conversations. There are illegal Africans,Europeans,Asians here and they are living the good life. You don't see ICE or anyone rounding them up...... Taking their kids, calling them rapist and drug dealers, and roaches (as if only illegal Mexicans rape, kill, and sell drugs).

Common sense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-25-2018, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who makes their personal beliefs a public statement.

For example, if you went in there with a Westboro "God Hates ****" t-shirt they would probably ask you to leave.

A press sec doesn't express his/hers personal beliefs.  They speak for the admin.  

A lot of politicians that would fail on one of those three long standing Red Hen standards.  Weird that they never go there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-25-2018, 03:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A press sec doesn't express his/hers personal beliefs.  They speak for the admin.  

But choosing to be in that job is a personal decision that is reflective of your beliefs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2018, 03:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But choosing to be in that job is a personal decision that is reflective of your beliefs.

Wait, what?  Are you suggesting the Press Secretary believes everything POTUS does?

(06-25-2018, 03:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wait, what?  Are you suggesting the Press Secretary believes everything POTUS does?

All she does is defend him to the media.  She is the queen of catch phrases and sound bites used to defend everything he does.
(06-25-2018, 03:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But choosing to be in that job is a personal decision that is reflective of your beliefs.

A general reflection, but they have no idea what her opinion on transgender people in the military is.  I would have to think that no press secretary is 100% on what a president says.  

They didn't change anything on transgenders in the military until the end of Obama's admin.  So can we assume there was a lot of banning going on at the restaurant over that for all the previous admins? 

Has she banned politicians for dishonesty before?

She should just be honest about why she did what she did.   Otherwise she may be banned from the Red Hen.  

(06-25-2018, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All she does is defend him to the media.  She is the queen of catch phrases and sound bites used to defend everything he does.

So is that a Yes from you?

(06-25-2018, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All she does is defend him to the media.  She is the queen of catch phrases and sound bites used to defend everything he does.

Find me a press secretary who did  otherwise.  That's why everybody hates press secretaries.  

(06-25-2018, 03:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose this is ethical.

Oddly this says they passed their inspection with flying colors.

Side note:

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/health-inspectors-find-hygiene-failings-at-donald-trumps-florida-resort-35621813.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-steakhouse-hit-51-violations-article-1.1203653

Gotta love whataboutism, right? ThumbsUp