Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, there it is....
9 wins was my standard for continuing to support Taylor as the head coach. So, he now has 9 wins, with 2 games left in the season to get to 10 or 11. Sorry, I know this will make some of you miserable, but I am still on the Taylor Train. Come on aboard, it's heading for the post season. And whatever happens the remainder of this season, I am already looking forward to next season, when we get a monster pass rusher back and a whole new slew of drafted players. The Taylor Train keeps on a rolling!!!
Reply/Quote
They are going to beat KC and they are going to go 11-6. They could earn the bye. Anything is possible right now.

And I am not front-running. I have been saying since before the Denver game that they would beat Denver, then Baltimore, then KC and have a Browns team that will have nothing to play for and probably IR their players. If the Bengals can't get the #1 seed, take week 17 as a bye and rest everyone.

First, beat KC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 9 wins was my standard for continuing to support Taylor as the head coach. So, he now has 9 wins, with 2 games left in the season to get to 10 or 11. Sorry, I know this will make some of you miserable, but I am still on the Taylor Train. Come on aboard, it's heading for the post season. And whatever happens the remainder of this season, I am already looking forward to next season, when we get a monster pass rusher back and a whole new slew of drafted players. The Taylor Train keeps on a rolling!!!

I'm personally still of the opinion that Zac needs to make the playoffs.  However, he is 100% back after sweeping the Steelers and Ravens in embarrassing fashion on his way to a winning record.  He will likely take the team to the playoffs at this point, anyways.
Reply/Quote
Not I
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  Sorry, I know this will make some of you miserable, but I am still on the Taylor Train. 

You need to get over yourself.  Everyone I know here is happy we are winning.

It was never personal when people disagreed with your blind optimism. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm personally still of the opinion that Zac needs to make the playoffs.  However, he is 100% back after sweeping the Steelers and Ravens in embarrassing fashion on his way to a winning record.  He will likely take the team to the playoffs at this point, anyways.

I said 9 wins was my bar at the beginning of the season and predicted 9-10 wins. Making the playoffs, which I fully think we will do now, is gravy for me. Last night I saw on one of the trackers our likely opponent will be a home game with Indy.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:35 PM)Destro Wrote: Not I

[Image: RigidFearfulCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to get over yourself.  Everyone I know here is happy we are winning.

That seems kinda personal//
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to get over yourself.  Everyone I know here is happy we are winning.

I know quite a few on this board that tend to get more and more miserable the more the Bengals win. But your take on what I said is way off, I said my support of Taylor when everyone is bashing him makes some miserable. And my optimism wasn't blind, it was very apparent what was transpiring with this team for anyone who would open their eyes and look past the win/loss column.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Congrats-to-Coach-Taylor

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I think 9 wins was the measure for most people here.

Three years is the limit on re-building in the NFL. Zac had never been a head coach before. It is okay that he is still learning in his third year. I can accept "learning" from a guy with a winning record.

Still not sold on him as "the answer", but he definitely deserves another season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  it was very apparent what was transpiring with this team for anyone who would open their eyes and look past the win/loss column.

Win/loss column is ALL THAT MATTERS.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think 9 wins was the measure for most people here.

Three years is the limit on re-building in the NFL.  Zac had never been a head coach before.  It is okay that he is still learning in his third year.  I can accept "learning" from a guy with a winning record.

Still not sold on him as "the answer", but he definitely deserves another season.

and I think this is fair. We can enjoy him winning 9 games, having his first winning record, yet still recognize he might not be the long term answer as head coach. Queue NBA guy in a few posts to say, "He's our Mark Jackson."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Win/loss column is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Not when you are rebuilding. You can look at drafting, character and caliber of draft picks and FA's, penalties and how disciplined a team is, culture, if players are buying into a system and a long list of things that matter. If a coach can get those things right, wins will come. And they did.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1332792167400_7590337.png]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Win/loss column is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Not always; as my criteria to keep Zac was Make the playoffs.I knew the only way we'd do that was to be successful in the division. IF we'd went 11-6 and not made the playoffs because all 6 victories were in the division; then I would have wanted him gone. Controlling this division is more important than simple wins and loses***

***DISCLAIMER: The win the division we have to win games 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 9 wins was my standard for continuing to support Taylor as the head coach. So, he now has 9 wins, with 2 games left in the season to get to 10 or 11. Sorry, I know this will make some of you miserable, but I am still on the Taylor Train. Come on aboard, it's heading for the post season. And whatever happens the remainder of this season, I am already looking forward to next season, when we get a monster pass rusher back and a whole new slew of drafted players. The Taylor Train keeps on a rolling!!!
Yea, you can't fire ZT after this season, no matter how these last few games go.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Fred's feisty today.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I know quite a few on this board that tend to get more and more miserable the more the Bengals win. But your take on what I said is way off, I said my support of Taylor when everyone is bashing him makes some miserable. And my optimism wasn't blind, it was very apparent what was transpiring with this team for anyone who would open their eyes and look past the win/loss column.
I remember being one of just a few Zac Taylor/Lou Anarumo supporters before the year. A lot of people wanted him gone at the end of last season. I actually just wanted him and Lou to get a fair opportunity before judging him. I do agree it was very apparent what was happening. Don't forget how the Bengals last season suffered more than their fair share of injuries. Some people on this board commented that you cannot use that as an excuse for losing. I don't feel bad that it has reversed this year and some of our opponents have the injuries we are taking advantage of.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm personally still of the opinion that Zac needs to make the playoffs.  However, he is 100% back after sweeping the Steelers and Ravens in embarrassing fashion on his way to a winning record.  He will likely take the team to the playoffs at this point, anyways.

None of those 4 games where ever in doubt... Insane
Reply/Quote