Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 2 will lead the Bengals in sacks this year?
So many new additions to the d-line this year
Via FA and draft. This is the 1st year without Dunlap or Atkins
Leading the sack parade.
What 2 players on D do.you.think will lead
The team in sacks this year?
For anykind of playoff hope starts with the oline
And putting the QB on the ground.
Reply/Quote
For me, this is easy:  

Hubbard and Hendrickson.

If they stay healthy, with BOTH guys being relentless hustle guys, and with better talent and depth at DT preventing QBs and easy escape up the middle, I think they both have double digit potential.

That being said, I hope Mike Hilton becomes a bit of an outside bandit and they use him on blitzes from the line.  Still doubt he would be near the team lead, but would love to see him get a few, and perhaps more importantly, force some fumbles from blindside shots.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson is who I think will lead the team in sacks this year.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard and Hendrickson with Ossai leading in TFL.

Expecting a big year out of Hubbard 10+ sacks.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hubbard and Hendrickson with Ossai leading in TFL.

Expecting a big year out of Hubbard 10+ sacks.

I'm going to buy you a (cheap replica) Ossai jersey.  I think he is in almost all of your posts.   Hilarious

It's ok, I feel like Ja'Marr Chase is the same for me, since Drew Sample was taken by Wes.   Ninja

This should be another thread.  "Who are you associated with?".  Of course, mine changes.  I remember before his rookie season being so infatuated with one Margus Hunt.  Ugh.  Still, he has ended up having a fairly solid career.  I wouldn't mind having him back.  I guess that will depend on Tupou, and if he is in great shape when he shows up.  Otherwise, I like his height knocking down balls at DT on passing downs.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm going to buy you a (cheap replica) Ossai jersey.  I think he is in almost all of your posts.   Hilarious

It's ok, I feel like Ja'Marr Chase is the same for me, since Drew Sample was taken by Wes.   Ninja

This should be another thread.  "Who are you associated with?".  Of course, mine changes.  I remember before his rookie season being so infatuated with one Margus Hunt.  Ugh.  Still, he has ended up having a fairly solid career.  I wouldn't mind having him back.  

Have to, people ignore Ossai too much lol

Too easy to just love Chase, he will be great pretty damn sure, love the entire Draft class just think Ossai will be the guy that will
surprise a lot of people and make game changing plays for us, TFL's, tipped balls and about 5 sacks or so as a rookie. Still cannot 
believe he fell out of the 2nd round and all the way to us in the 3rd and we still got Carman.

Yeah, wouldn't mind bringing back Margus, he played well last season for us. Just keep him at DT.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to, people ignore Ossai too much lol

Too easy to just love Chase, he will be great pretty damn sure, love the entire Draft class just think Ossai will be the guy that will
surprise a lot of people and make game changing plays for us, TFL's, tipped balls and about 5 sacks or so as a rookie. Still cannot 
believe he fell out of the 2nd round and all the way to us in the 3rd and we still got Carman.

Yeah, wouldn't mind bringing back Margus, he played well last season for us. Just keep him at DT.

I just love that, like LB last year, they doubled (and really tripled) down on guys that can rush the passer.  Granted, they aren't the same player with Sample and Hubert being guys that can line up inside as well, but I love the emphasis on guys that get to the passer.  

It excites me that we will likely see these guys get action this year as well.  You could say we played Wilson and ADG out of necessity, but they actually gave them time over Evans, who was more established.  I love that they went young, rather than get some aging vet that is just drawing a paycheck.  I also love how all these guys fit that "relentless" mindset.  I can't wait to see week 1 and, hopefully, holding down Cook so Cousins has some long passing downs and the new pass rush gets after him. 

I am hoping the defense is a little tired about the offense getting so much media focus and they come out and make a statement:  Last year is over.  This is a new team.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just love that, like LB last year, they doubled (and really tripled) down on guys that can rush the passer.  Granted, they aren't the same player with Sample and Hubert being guys that can line up inside as well, but I love the emphasis on guys that get to the passer.  

It excites me that we will likely see these guys get action this year as well.  You could say we played Wilson and ADG out of necessity, but they actually gave them time over Evans, who was more established.  I love that they went young, rather than get some aging vet that is just drawing a paycheck.  I also love how all these guys fit that "relentless" mindset.  I can't wait to see week 1 and, hopefully, holding down Cook so Cousins has some long passing downs and the new pass rush gets after him. 

I am hoping the defense is a little tired about the offense getting so much media focus and they come out and make a statement:  Last year is over.  This is a new team.  

The turnover on Defense is insane. Lou is my question and until he calls a good game that confuses QB's he will always be.

Lou has had more help than any DC I can remember the last few years and has failed miserably. Hopefully it is all about the 
injuries hitting the Defense so hard in the trenches, cause it has, but next man up is the truest mantra on what a good coach
is supposed to be all about. We sure hit the trenches hard this Offseason, especially on the DL.

With Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Ossai, Cam, Shelvin, Hubert we have the players to really stop the run and get after the passer.

No excuse for Lou this go round.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The turnover on Defense is insane. Lou is my question and until he calls a good game that confuses QB's he will always be.

Lou has had more help than any DC I can remember the last few years and has failed miserably. Hopefully it is all about the 
injuries hitting the Defense so hard in the trenches, cause it has, but next man up is the truest mantra on what a good coach
is supposed to be all about. We sure hit the trenches hard this Offseason, especially on the DL.

With Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Ossai, Cam, Shelvin, Hubert we have the players to really stop the run and get after the passer.

To be fair, he was handed a steaming turd.  But you are right:  this is his make or break season.  I really like the moves they made and it took a LOT to move on from a guy like AJIII that they drafted, but I think adding Awuzie AND Hilton is a much better overall idea.  To me, this year's defense is going to be predicated on two guys:  Reader and Waynes.  If they are 100% and produce all season long like they can, the rest of the pieces should fare well.  
Reply/Quote
Hubbard and Ossai

I see both bro 10 plus sack guys this year
Reply/Quote
Im going to.go.with Hendrickson and Ogenjobi.
I can envision the edges doing a better job of forcing
The QB to step up in the pocket and bada bing Ogenjobi
Is there to.clean it up and finish it
He was quite a effective pass rusher in Cleveland
Reply/Quote
Don’t over think it. We have a lot of quality pieces. But our stud DE tandem is in place. Hendrickson and Hubbard are going to put up more sacks than anything Dunlap and insert name here (MJ) ever did.
Reply/Quote
Larry 5 and Hubbard 10 both guys are in contract years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 07:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Don’t over think it. We have a lot of quality pieces. But our stud DE tandem is in place. Hendrickson and Hubbard are going to put up more sacks than anything Dunlap and insert name here (MJ) ever did.

Lol
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I’ll go with the chalk answer with Hubbard and Hendrickson and would love to see Ossai contending this early in his career. Also hoping to see Hilton and ADG put some qbs on their backs in some blitz packages.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and Hubbard
Reply/Quote
I was afraid everyone would be writing off Hubbard because he only had 2 sacks last year. But his first two seasons he had 14.5 sacks in only 1350 snaps. That is a very good ratio considering he was not just playing on passing downs.

They may not put up huge numbers, but Hubbard and Hendrickson are the clear choices.
Reply/Quote
Misread the title. 2 players definitely Hendrickson and Hubbard like many have said. I think we will see the sack total improve team wide in a big way but our 2 starting DE's will lead the way.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The turnover on Defense is insane. Lou is my question and until he calls a good game that confuses QB's he will always be.

offense gotta do better with TOP   to help the defenders stay fresh as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 07:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  Hendrickson and Hubbard are going to put up more sacks than anything Dunlap and insert name here (MJ) ever did.

Top sack duos for Bengals (since sacks became official stat in '82)

24.5....2015....Dunlap (13.5), Atkins (11.0)
24.0....2012....Atkins (12.5), Michael Johnson (11.5)
20.5....1983....Eddie Edwards (13.0), Reggie Williams (7.5)
19.0....1992....Alfred Williams (10.0), Danny Stubbs (9.0)
18.0....2018....Atkins (10.0), Dunlap (8.0)
18.0....2006....Robert Geathers (10.5), Justin Smith (7.5)
18.0....1984....Eddie Edwards (9.0), Reggie Williams (9.0)

Note....In 2012 Wallace Gilberry had 6.5 sacks.  So you could pair him with either Atkins (12.5) or Michael Johnson (11.5) to make the above list.  Also in 2012 Dunlap had 6.0 sacks so you could pair him with Atkins (12.5) to make the 18.0 cutoff.
Reply/Quote